Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews in Huntsville, AL | Glassdoor

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Huntsville Reviews

Huntsville, AL

3.9
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Management is positive, though very long hours during different periods of the year (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about staff shortage or being over worked (in 42 reviews)

"Outpatient Chronic Dialysis RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Long term job security; Wage is competitive; Training is excellent.

Cons

Staffing ratio in AL (15 patients : 1 RN) is worse than other states, e.g. TN (12 patients : 1 RN); daily workload can be overwhelming at times; benefits could be better; direct patient care staff turnover.

Advice to Management

Full time employees should be allowed to work full time (40 hrs per week). Stop working your clinic managers into burnout.

"RN"

Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Huntsville, AL

Pros

good benefits, earned time off is generous, pretty much make my own schedule, only work three days per week and every third weekend

Cons

employee turnover is high, possibly due to burnout because it's hard to schedule unexpected days off for emergencies because of no one to cover your shift

Advice to Management

we need more coverage and support while working. I need the secretary there to answer the phones because I cannot run the floor and answer the phone 1,000 times a day

3. "Working for Fresenius has been a pleasant experience. I enjoy my work and the people that I work with on a daily basis."

Current Employee - Acute Care Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Acute Care Manager in Huntsville, AL

Pros

I like the friendly staff at Fresenius, the managers are easy to talk to, pay is good, benefits are good,

Cons

There are really no cons when it comes to Fresenius. The office culture, pay, perks are all good.

"RN - Registered Nobody"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Huntsville, AL

Pros

average benefits; clinic managers are aren't totally clueless

Cons

What gets passed down from upper management to middle management to lower management is cost vs. profit; turnover rates for clinical staff are high; clinic managers are forced to put day to day budget goals above everything else; reactive, not proactive, towards employees.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Your profit first culture will eventually lead your company to poor clinical outcomes.

5. "I worked as a dialysis nurse."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pretty decent pay.

Cons

Management is rude to employees, especially those who are not of their ethnicity. Non-white problem employees are treated differently by management than their white counterparts. A white employee may receive counseling for an offense whereas a non-white employee would be fired. I was not fired, but have had management lie to me about job hours and get angry and disrespectful when asked about them. I had to resign my position.

Advice to Management

Get some diversity in management.

"Dialysis is Dialysis; the job is what you make it."

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Finally, after an 18 month wait, working the nocturnal dialysis shift I was recruited to! Much better compensation than previous employer, DVA. Work experience and nursing education are acknowledged through tiers of compensation. Excellent technical/support staff. Realistic expectations concerning work and patient care responsibilities.

Cons

Some of the older clinics have antiquated infrastructure (plumbing, mechanical, water systems). Staffing is stretched to the minimums required by law. Expensive healthcare insurance; family health insurance coverage is unreasonably expensive (as in shock, horror, disbelief). Antiquated electronic/computer systems (circa 1998-2000?!?!); however, there is progress being made in this area. Some policies and procedures (use of certain medical supplies also) are very outdated.

Advice to Management

Replace and upgrade infrastructure in the aging clinics ASAP, seriously, before they literally fall apart, I'm not exaggerating. Continue the progress with the electronic/computer systems. Thouroughly examine policies and procedures to modernize and to recover some ground lost to your competitors.

Showing 6 of 1,195 reviews