Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Philadelphia Reviews

Philadelphia, PA

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Management is positive, though very long hours during different periods of the year (in 47 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about staff shortage or being over worked (in 45 reviews)

1. "Staff RN"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible work schedule
    multiple breaks
    6 months training
    hire new grads
    reasonable benefits

Cons

underpaid
    frequent understaff
    little advancement
    small raises
    alot of favoratism

"Fresenius isn't terrible, but they're nothing special."

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, especially if one wants to advance to become an RN. Decent health benefits.

Cons

Very poor raises. They make clinical managers go out of their way to find faults in even the best of the best workers so as not to give employees a good raise. I consider myself one of the best all-around technicians on the floor, and I got a measly 40 cents. It's not my manager's fault. She's just answering to the higher-ups. No bonuses are given either. There's not much financial incentive to do a better job. Being a dialysis technician can be back breaking work and there is little to no financial appreciation for what we do.

Advice to Management

I would say to management that better raises and bonuses would make me a happier employee and less resentful about having to give up my body to do the work I do. A higher ceiling for good, experienced technicians would be better, also.

Showing 2 of 1,239 reviews