Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated December 12, 2018
1,449 reviews

3.2
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible work schedule is encouraged and makes the job so much better if you commute long distances to Lexington" (in 52 reviews)

• "Good pay great staff good benefits good culture" (in 115 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work, but great opportunities"

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Upper management is really investing in mid and lower management as well as clinic level staff. Lots of room for advancement for those who want to be excellent at what they do!

Cons

Dialysis is very fulfilling, but it is hard work. It either grabs you, or it's not your thing.

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Response

Apr 20, 2018 – TMP Account Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to offer rewarding environments and opportunities for our employees, so we are encouraged by your positive perspective. As you... More

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

There are plenty of advancement opportunities within the company.

Cons

There aren’t any cons to report

3. "Facility administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Facilities in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Facilities in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company & Benefits. Flexibility is wonderful. They reimburse your expenses. Really take action on policies and procedures, along with expectations of what a FMC employee should portray. They’re fair. They were huge donors during Harbey even putting staff up in hotels, free rental cars, gas, and food.

Cons

Any issues with bullying, retaliation, misconduct, always report to HR. They will resolve it. Research isn’t always done to get all sides when reporting at bottom of chain of command. This is my biggest issue. Facility Admins are the backbone. We do staffing, patient schedule, facility billing , inventory of supplies and orders, new admissions and transfers, payroll, personnel records. The list is huge and very similar to a previous job as an Office manager. This is more of an Facility Administrator Assistant or Administrative 3 position. The clinics need someone just to man the phones, file, things that’s hard for us to do, I think Facility would operate better. We do not get paid enough for the amount of work we do daily and manage and experience level. I don’t always get lunches, set up travel, meetings,stay late, come in Saturday’s. It’s a very busy and demanding job.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff individually. Talk to them about the level of work being done compared to experience levels and consider pay increases. Offer Admins overtime to get things done as needed. This is best company I’ve worked for, but that would be the one reason I left for something better.

4. "Reasons to STAY AND WORK HARD - ATLANTA"

Current Employee - Information Technology Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Information Technology Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Why should you work for Fresenius? Why should you Continue your Employment? I will tell you why....because the Nurses and Care Team keep me alive....That is why. We love every one of you and appreciate your help. We know its hard. THANK YOU FROM A DISABLED MARINE VETERAN ON CAPD.

Cons

I find that Nurses get so busy that they stop listening to the patient. This goes for the whole care team. Stretched thin and the patient suffers.

Advice to Management

Automate the process and lead your team. Automation when done properly will allow you to manage more efficiently. Also, be gentle to your PD nurses because the patients rely on all of you to stay alive. At approx. $80k a month in billing I think you can afford to streamline for better customer care. Also please teach your staff to be understanding that we are literally dying and need you all to be sweet to us. We are counting on you and quality of life is hard if we have to do your job. Love ya for the effort and thanks.

5. "FMC"

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

some benefits are good like 401k.

Cons

Not paid enough for the stress you go through.

"RN Clinical Manager"

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Good hours, good pay, lots of autonomy

Cons

The company is extremely focused on making money and not necessarily about providing care to human beings. Cutting hours and focusing on TAP (Total area productivity, AKA how much money we are spending to run a facility) Quality metrics based on patient health affect payment from medicare/Medicaid so we are constantly trying to change patient behavior when dealing with a population of people who 90% of are on dialysis because they weren't compliant to begin with (didn't manage diabetes or hypertension) then make it a measure of how well we are performing at our jobs when we can't change their behavior. Also having to deal with the PCTs who are undereducated and underpaid, making turnover for that position a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on what you can cut to save money. Once you stop being penny pinches you might get employees who want to stick around and then you won't have to pay so much to train new ones all the time.

7. "LCSW Dialysis Social Worker"

Current Employee - LCSW Dialysis Social Worker in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - LCSW Dialysis Social Worker in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexible work hours, competitive salary, strong interdisciplinary team work model, great opportunities for collaboration within the clinic as well as other work environments such as hospitals and social service agencies; support for ongoing continuing education; FMC reimburses me $500.00/year for any continuing education opportunity of my choosing, ongoing opportunities for mentoring and case conferencing with large pool of dialysis social workers, easy access to my clinic manager as well as Director of Operations, supportive HR Dept

Cons

Downside is not fault of FMC it is the downside faced by all of us in healthcare: large caseload; increased demands around paperwork which takes us away from more indepth interactions with patients

Advice to Management

Consider some degree of financial support for those MSWs working toward licensure; possibly assist with cost of supervision. Currently FMC does help pay for cost of nursing school

"Low pay little training"

Former Employee - Ccht in Woodland, CA
    Former Employee - Ccht in Woodland, CA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Patients, propaganda, large company, uniforms

Cons

Unappreciated, no training, unsafe, favoritism, low pay, equipment failure, bad transition, not HIPAA complaint, short breaks

Advice to Management

Try some human compassion without favoritism

9. "Biomedical engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule / benefits after 90 day

Cons

Poor management and high turnover

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth

10. "Good job, Tech need a Union"

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Tuition Reimbursement
    Off Sundays unless major Holiday falls on week day. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years

Cons

Not enough pay for techs with all the duties and new duties begin pereformed daily. TAP seems to be bit more important than patient care. Everything in care giving is rushed.