Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2017
1,214 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

1,214 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Management is positive, though very long hours during different periods of the year (in 48 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about staff shortage or being over worked (in 46 reviews)

"Good company but please back down on the clinical managers before we all leave."

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Ability to climb career ladder. They do care alot about the patients and the staff. The staff are rewarded at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years of service. We are always trying to make things better for our patients through surveys, higher clinical outcome goals, quality improvement and just being there through the Ultracare mission. I'm proud to work at Fresenius and wouldn't have it any other way. Even if I step down and become a staff RN, I'll stay with the company because they do have the patient and staff and their best interests at heart. We are so much better than the competition.

Cons

To much is put on clinical manager. At Davita they have two positions for the ONE position we hold. To much emphasis on money! CM's are getting burned out! The clinical manager job is becoming overwhelming. They continue to add more and more to our plates and still want us to work on the floor. It's becoming impossible to do. My peers and myself are all thinking of stepping down and management just keeps piling more workload on our shoulders. They need to respect us and understand this is a very, very hard job and at Davita there are two managers and they don't work the floor. Please respect us, please!

Advice to Management

Please give the clinical manager more room to do our jobs! Allow us more decision making and do not make us work the floor as we have entirely too much to do, or hire another manager to support us! It's getting so much harder to focus as we have more and more to do and we're losing it. I can speak for my peers because we talk frequently, we are all overwhelmed. AM's are not helping us at all, they just e-mail us with more work and what we have to do to fix the TAP and the PI-17 and then they go to lunch. They don't come to the facility, EVER! They have someone else doing the AM audit, they just give orders to us while we work over 40 hours every single week, week in and week out. If I didn't love my patients and staff I would have been gone from this job LONG ago!

2. "Nurses Wear Many Caps"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

One of the best things about working for Fresenius Medical Care is that it's been around for a long time and is a leader in
    providing excellent hemodialysis services. They have a very comprehensive training program for inexperienced dialysis
    techs and nurses and a stream-lined one for experienced caregivers.
    My clinic has a very positive and friendly working environment. It definitely feels as though I am part of a team that is working for the greater good and not just a paycheck.

Cons

Long hours, especially for Charge Nurse. The days start very early, but that's out-patient dialysis anywhere.

Advice to Management

Work load needs to be more evenly distributed as the nurses are responsible for too many historically non-nursing duties.

3. "One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Very professional."

Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Morganton, NC
    Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Morganton, NC

Pros

I have always been impressed with the training of staff at FMC. This company takes the well being of it's patients and staff very seriously. It is great to work in the medical profession for a company that has such high morals. A great model for the medical profession as a whole to follow.

Cons

Early hours and long days. This job can be not only physically but mentally tiring as well simply due to the nature of this business.

Advice to Management

I know that everyone wants more money, however I do feel that due to the precision and attention to detail that is required for this job it is not a job that everyone can do and maintain a safe environment for the patients. Based on this I do feel that dialysis nurses are underpaid. In my community dialysis nurses are paid less than many other fields of nursing. While the benefit package is wonderful this still doesn't put food on the table or pay the mortgage.

4. "good"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Nashville, TN

Pros

good working conditions, good pay

Cons

senior-level management is not impressive and does not support clinic manager - micro manages at the area manager level.

Advice to Management

Treat your front line employees better.

"Respect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

I was nervous coming into this company with zero background in the healthcare industry, but I was welcomed with open arms and treated with the utmost respect. My opinions were always welcomed and my colleagues always made me feel like a part of the team.

Cons

I was expected to travel a great deal (3 out of 4 weeks per month), though this was not known to me when I was hired. Luckily my boss was receptive when I told him I would be unable to continue doing so.

6. "Fresenius is an excellent employer but lacks in compensation/hourly wages."

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Chicago, IL

Pros

Excellent Medical Benefits, Excellent 401k and 401k matching up to 6%, Excellent management team

Cons

Low hourly wages compared to industry as a whole

Advice to Management

If you would offer slightly higher hourly wages you would retain more competent employees.

7. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working, professional people very friendly work environment

Cons

Geographical differences make it difficult to stay on top of the issues

8. "good people to work with/for."

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great job, nice management, good clinic

Cons

early hours can get old

Advice to Management

keep enough help on staff, which usually they do.

9. "fmc cortland"

Former Employee - Pct in Cortland, OH
    Former Employee - Pct in Cortland, OH

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the best place to work!!!

Cons

management always seemed too stressed!!

10. "Great place to work and serve patients."

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful staff and company. Works well with family needs and benefits

Cons

Expectations are set very high for all employees

Advice to Management

little advancement ops

Showing 1,214 of 1,263 reviews