Freshdesk Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Girish Mathrubootham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free food, Work space is amazing (in 17 reviews)

• Best work life balance which is the key thing for me loving Freshdesk more and more (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons about freshdesk (in 10 reviews)

• Nothing to say about the company (in 3 reviews)

"Great place to grow"

Former Employee - Product Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Product Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Freshdesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fast paced, fun work place with a lot of talented colleagues. The environment motivates you to get work done. Help with anything is always a seat away. Flat hierarchy. Encourages learning, knowledge sharing, and being a better human being.

Cons

You'll feel the pressure of working in a fast paced company, and that might get to you.

2. "Great company to work!"

I worked at Freshdesk full-time

Pros

Work/life balance
    Easy to switch between teams
    Potential to learn a lot
    Great benefits

Cons

Lots of process initiated, start up culture is lost.

"A Culture of Support, Diversity & Growth"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Freshdesk full-time

Pros

I've worked for various tech companies in San Jose and San Francisco, some private, public or late stage. Most were okay, one was horrible and another was epic. I know a good company when I see one, Freshdesk is one of those epic ones.

Here's why,

Something I picked up quickly when I started at Freshdesk, when things got tough everyone was there to help. Software sales isn't easy, especially in The Valley. There's so much competition. It boils down to how you execute as a team. Freshdesk is globally connected and aligned, the people here are motivated, optimistic, supportive and innovative. If you need help, ask for it and you shall receive. No one is left behind.

- Freshdesk beats the competition in innovation - there are 4 SaaS applications that are connected and solve specific needs for our customers. Lots to learn and lots to teach. Great place to make an impact and to out maneuver competitors.

- Innovation is key and Freshdesk can out engineer many companies of its size, even larger ones that are public. To add, the engineering team and PMs get it! They build modern web 2.0 software that offers better user experiences for all.

- Culture. Freshdesk is an enterprise customer service platform. This means you can expect a culture where you can ask for help from anyone on the team and you'll get it.

- You can be creative and there are no limits on how you get there as long as you get there.

- No micro management. The leadership team here has created an awesome environment to instill trust.

- The leadership team is top notch and experienced. They know what they are doing. That's why we're backed by a few of the Valley's best VC firms, Google Capital and Accel Partners.

- The CEO is humble and intelligent. A leader that has galvanized inspiration in all his employees. - - The President is friends with US President Obama

- Diversity. we all come from many different backgrounds and we all learn from each other. If you want to work in an environment that is diverse and conducive to sharing knowledge, Freshdesk is it. I've learned a lot here, from skill sets that I will take beyond Freshdesk to improving current ones. But I've also made friends in many different parts of the world.

- Freshdesk is top notch, we are on the up and up. A lot is happening and more and more people are joining the team.

- Snacks and drinks, fully stocked kitchen
    - Fooseball
    - Catered lunches on Friday
    - Paid cell phone bill
    - Nice office with plenty of parking (close to youtube and walmart labs)
    - Bring your dog
    - Comp plans are good and getting better

Cons

There are many great things about Freshdesk and I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say there are some things that need improvement. All good problems to have,

- Scaling and losing agility, Freshdesk is becoming a big company which means you will need to have patience when it comes to certain processes.

- Most employees are based in Chennai which means operations, engineering, PMs are not easily accessible to talk to, plus the time difference.

- Require more experienced PMPs to help build and mature processes
    - Lack of career path
    - Lack of team events
    - Communication with other teams can be difficult

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep in mind, if employees plan to stay with a company long-term there should be a clear career path and opportunities to learn as they progress.

"good company"

Pros

fantastic workplace to work with

Cons

sometimes shifts may be quiet long

5. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I worked at Freshdesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant work environment and excellent culture

Cons

Not any that I can think of

6. "Not enough opportunities, Poor salary"

Current Employee - Product Development
    Current Employee - Product Development

I have been working at Freshdesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people
    Flexible work timings
    Free food

Cons

Low salary for freshers
    Mostly boring work
    No clarity on growth
    Unstable processes
    Definitely not for freshers

"It's good, but it might not be the right place for everyone."

I have been working at Freshdesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decently capable products
    Great people
    Open culture
    Good food
    A really driven and genuine CEO
    All the amenities and support you need to work and more!

Cons

You can't help but feel that there is redundancy and overlaps within the company. There are a lot and I mean a lot of people to do the same job as you. There is a chance that you will end up doing a very limited kind of work which could soon become boring and unfulfilling. So if you like to take on multiple, varied responsibilities, you might end up being disappointed. Some people have switched roles internally and I honestly hope they are happier now.

Your career growth inside the company could have a lot of unknowns due to the 'no titles' nature. So you need to take a long hard look at yourself (which is never easy) and decide if you want to continue to do the same thing as now for the next 1, 5, or more years and then decide if Freshworks is the place for you.

You will learn things, but will it they be enough for you to make your next career jump, is something to think about.

Overall, people are very nice and its a good place to be in compared to even some of the more established IT companies in the city. But it might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

It's a great place to be and good place to kick start a career. But things are not always high, and when the rough times come, what happens to the saturated resources? There's an eerie sense of calm but I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

8. "Good working environment"

I have been working at Freshdesk full-time

Pros

Good working environment ,facility and co-worker are great

Cons

Nothing to say about the company

Advice to Management

N/A

9. "software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Freshdesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good working environment
    everyone seems friendly and helpful
    No work stress

Cons

salary package is low
    difficult interview process

Advice to Management

good work keep going !

10. "product specialist"

I have been working at Freshdesk full-time

Pros

group discussion topics are very nice.

Cons

I need a process in fresh works

Advice to Management

need proper advice to visitors on the website