Friendship Village Tempe Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Friendship Village Tempe Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2019

4.4
Friendship Village Tempe CEO Cole Marvin
Cole Marvin
  1. "Friendship Village changed my life"

Current Employee - Painter in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't know where to start I am 60 years old I have worked since I was 12 and Friendship Village is absolutely the finest place I've ever worked I truly enjoyed getting up in the morning and coming to work are managers are very helpful supportive and encouraging especially my immediate supervisor my pay is competitive my benefits are awesome I've only been here two and a half months but I really truly hope this is... the last place I ever work I got Blue Cross Blue Shield holidays vacation sick leave 403k it goes on and on they treat me with respect and support me and everything I do so if you have an opportunity to come work here by all means Jump On It you will not be sorry Chuck Rogers

Cons

I cannot think of anything I would change about my job

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome job you guys do

Friendship Village Tempe2019-09-12

September 14, 2019Recruiter

Thank you so much for your kind words, Chuck. As someone with decades of experience in the workforce, your high level of satisfaction at our community speaks volumes. Such fulfillment is what we strive for all our team members, and we’re excited to have you on board. Keep up the great work!

2. "Friendship Village is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Painter in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's no stress or pressure to finish a project. Our supervisor is excellent and makes the working experience very pleasant. You just need to stay busy and work toward completing what you're working on until it's time to clean up and go home. It's a very safe atmosphere, no dangerous high ladder work. Work with very friendly people and enjoy each day. The residents are very nice, it's a pleasure to work... around them. There are a lot of really nice benefits, like a wellness program. Use the exercise area with treadmill, elliptical, bicycle, and various machines to strengthen your body, for only $5 per month.

Cons

mmm...that's a tough one, there isn't anything that I dislike.

Friendship Village Tempe2019-07-28

July 31, 2019Recruiter

Thanks for this review and, more importantly, for your contributions as part of our team. We’re committed to maintaining a supportive culture and safe environment where our entire team can thrive. It’s wonderful to see it resonating with team members like yourself and we’re happy to learn you’re taking advantage of the wellness program! Thanks for all you do.

"Great place and fun atmosphere"

Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership team is chock-full of supportive and attentive people. The mission/vision/values are clear and actually followed. Seems rare in today's work environment, but Friendship Village successfully trains to it's core values. The residents and the staff are all part of the village, and work together to make it a wonderful place to be.

Cons

Parking is a challenge but there are always solutions in the works.

Friendship Village Tempe2019-07-02
  4. "Great"

I worked at Friendship Village Tempe full-time

Pros

Residence were great. Benefits were great too.

Cons

Nothing was wrong when working.

Friendship Village Tempe2019-03-08

March 22, 2019Recruiter

Thanks for all you did to make Friendship Village Tempe the wonderful place that it is for seniors. We appreciate this review, and wish you the very best! If you'd like to discuss your feedback of senior management, we'd be glad to meet with you.

"Lna"

Current Employee - LNA in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendship village Tempe is by far , best of the best facility that I have worked in. I've worked as an LNA for approximately 8 years. My experience is that Friendship Village Tempe provides a safe and clean and fun atmosphere for the residents.There's lots of activities for the residents as well as the employees. Lots of incentives encourages both residents and employees to give their best. Friendship Village is a... wonderful place to work.

Cons

Being that we live in an imperfect world. I'm sure there's a downside to working at Friendship Village Tempe. The morale of employees as well as the residence make up what can be a successful and fun pace of employment. For the most part the morale here at Friendship Village Tempe is VERY Good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Friendship Village Tempe2018-09-11

September 12, 2018Recruiter

Amazing! Thank you for being a valued team member and sharing this awesome review. You have truly made our day!

"Housekeeper"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Friendship Village for about a year now. Every single person including vendors residence employees are sslway so polite, always greeting you with a smile.. I love working here amazing benefits as well as great hours.

Cons

I have yet to come across anything that I dislike here at the moment.

Advice to Management

Maybe a second area for employees to take a break other than just the lunch room.

Friendship Village Tempe2018-09-06

September 7, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We truly appreciate it.

"Licensed Nurse Assistant"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

While working at Friendship village was a great opportunity for growth within the company. Very nice people to work for.

Cons

I really should of stayed at this company great company to work for

Advice to Management

N/A

Friendship Village Tempe2018-09-01

September 7, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for the 5-star review! You can always check our available openings at jobs.friendshipvillageaz.com

"Security"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe part-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff is friendly. The residents are just wonderful. The employee lunch/break room has fresh hot food or a salad bar with a really nice employee discount. Technology is up to date so the systems are easy to use. Ongoing training, company meetings and holiday parties make you feel like your important and part of the family.

Cons

It can be hard to have residents that you care about pass away.

Friendship Village Tempe2018-08-29

August 29, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your 5-star review! We truly value your feedback.

"I love working for friendship village Tempe"

Current Employee - Utility Worker in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great residents Great benefits Good coworkers Fun environment

Cons

It hard to see residents you know personally pass on

Friendship Village Tempe2018-08-29

September 7, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your 5-star review. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Friendship Village Tempe!

"Working at the buffet"

Current Employee - Buffet Server in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe part-time for less than a year

Pros

The residents are wonderful. The pay was above minimum wage. They trained me well. The break room has cheap, yummy food. They build an awesome environment for the workers; Like giving movie tickets and hosting sports leagues.

Cons

There’s two hours between lunch and dinner shift that often felt wasted because I stayed (home was to far) and got nothing done. Parking can be tight on some days

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Friendship Village Tempe2018-08-28

August 28, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Found 18 reviews