Friendship Village Tempe Reviews

4.8
Friendship Village Tempe Executive Director Cole Marvin
Cole Marvin
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Not only a great place to live but I great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Finance in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time

Pros

Great environment. Care for employee's well being. Excellent employee benefits.

Cons

No cons at this place

December 8, 2020Recruiter

As an employer, we believe it’s our responsibility to nurture the professional and personal well-being of all our team members. Your satisfaction is a testament to that, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you so much!

"Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Grounds Technician in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company makes you feel welcomed and so do the residents, they are very thankful for the work we do. Monday-Friday work week so I’m able to relax on weekends Company provides lots of benefits and is very understanding if a problem arises in your personal life

Cons

None that I can think of

November 9, 2020Recruiter

The culture at FVT is a direct reflection of the type of people who live and work here – honest, genuine, welcoming, and hard working. We love to know our team members are comfortable and feel so well supported. Thank you for all your efforts to keep our campus in tip-top shape, and for letting us know how we’re doing.

3. "Pretty okay"

Current Employee - Utility Worker in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours, Food Menu, Responsibilities, Workers, Uniforms

Cons

Not open, Cant see residents, it's slow,

4. "It was alright"

Former Employee - Licensed Nursing Assistant LNA

I worked at Friendship Village Tempe part-time for more than a year

Pros

The residents were pretty cool. Most coworkers were also amazing.

Cons

Pay was not great and management did not listen.

5. "Love working for Friendship Village"

Current Employee - Licensed Nursing Assistant LNA

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers and love the residents

Cons

Can be a bit strict

6. "Awesome!!"

Current Employee - LNA in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits and flexible scheduling

Cons

Management can be disorganized sometimes

7. COVID-19

"An experience like no other!"

Current Employee - Buffet Server in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe part-time

Pros

Some of the greatest things about Friendship Village that will always stand out are: • Superb hospitality - from the Staff to the residents, everyone treats one another with utmost respect, care, and compassion, creating a very secure and warm atmosphere. • Great focus - most companies say they care and know their employees, but FVT takes that to the next level and spends the time to get to know you as a person and as a employee. • Focused - while FVT may not pay as well as other jobs, they go above and beyond in achieving their mission and goal to give their staff/residents the best experience every day, every hour. At FVT, money doesn't get in the way of their team from giving everyone exceptional service and fabulous experiences.

Cons

Most of these are due to current events, so they are subject to change: • Chaotic to start - at the beginning of my employment, I found things to be a bit on the more challenging side due to the amount of improvisation that needed to be done. Because COVID-19 has largely distributed the business world, FVT has had to make new routines/regulations that can at first be a bit tricky to handle at first. • Lots of responsibility - working at FVT requires high performance, willpower, and dedication. Those who aren't interested in the genuine benefits of others and servitude to the elderly may not find Friendship Village suitable for them. Passion and accountability are two major qualities that are very likely to be required when working with FVT. While not everyone may find these aspects to be "cons", there are those who will find these qualifications unsuitable for them. That is why I deemed them neccessary to entail. If these aspects are of no bother to you and you want to help people in the world, then working at FVT is the absolute perfect place for you to do just that.

October 8, 2020Recruiter

We’re thrilled to hear how our people first approach is positively impacting you. You and your colleagues, as well as our residents, absolutely deserve the hospitality, care and focus we bring to the table each day. And while we encourage and expect hard work and dedication from our staff, it’s all with the intention of making our community the best possible place to work and live. It’s an honor to have team members like you who fully embrace this service philosophy. Thank you so much for the positive review and for all your contributions

8. "professional"

Current Employee - Licensed Nursing Assistant LNA in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for less than a year

Pros

good opportunities as a company, nice and well organized ,professional work environment!, clean place to work.

Cons

None so far,that's why is good to work here.

October 8, 2020Recruiter

We’re thrilled with how fulfilled you are at our community, which is what we strive for all our team members. You can count on us to keep fostering the wonderful work environment you’ve grown to love. Thank you so much for the five-star review!

"Great Place to work that cares for employees and residents alike!"

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, family atmosphere, employee perks, inclusive, and fun

Cons

Parking due to construction, however understood due to revitalization

September 30, 2020Recruiter

You’re absolutely right. Positively impacting team members, and residents alike, is what drives our community. It’s why we offer the excellent benefits and vibrant atmosphere you mentioned, which we’re thrilled you’re enjoying. Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

"A great place to work."

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Friendship Village Tempe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, education, mentoring, schedules, work life balance

Cons

People that take advantage of others generosity and could contribute more effort.

September 30, 2020Recruiter

We’re thrilled you’re happy being on our team. It’ an honor to provide you and your colleagues with the support necessary to ensure you’re successful in your careers. This includes enhancing the workplace experience as needed. Please feel free to contact Sharla Hampton, our HR director, at (480) 831-3182 to expand on the concerns you briefly mentioned so we can address them appropriately. We really appreciate the positive review and all your contributions to our community.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 English Reviews