Frogslayer College Station Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

4.9
Frogslayer President Ross Morel (no image)
Ross Morel
  1. "Fast Growing Company Focused on Client Success and Employee Growth"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in College Station, TX

I have been working at Frogslayer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company culture and environment, Flexible hours, Dedicated to client success and employee growth, Provides good work opportunities for college students, Casual and friendly

Cons

Growing Pains - Role restructuring, plan formalizing, etc. There's a lot going on, but management has consistently provided updates Location - College Station is still a college focused town and there's not much to do otherwise.

2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I have been working at Frogslayer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment, great people

Cons

Typical growing pains - the norm for a small company

3. "Awesome work culture and environment"

Current Employee - Software Tester in College Station, TX

I have been working at Frogslayer full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working here for 2.5 years now. It's a great company to work for. Admin/ HR / Senior managers and co-workers are always willing to help and know exactly what is needed by peers/ customers. You get lot of opportunities to grow your skills . Higher management can be approached without any hesitation for any problems. Frogslayer is very transparent about the company policies , how the company is performing etc. Frogslayer has flexible working hours incase you need to accommodate any family commitments.

Cons

Nothing that I can point at.

Continue reading
  4. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I have been working at Frogslayer full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a lot of great things about FrogSlayer. The culture is unbeatable. There is flexibility with your schedule. They really care about their employees. There are lots of fun activities planned. They're super transparent about the company: how it's doing and where they're headed. The benefits are also really great.

Cons

As others have mentioned, the location is not great for someone who is no longer in school. Of course there's growing pains in a smaller company, but like I said they're super transparent about them all and you never feel like you're in the dark. You know what's coming and how it's going to be handled.

5. "Great Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - Associate Developer in College Station, TX

I have been working at Frogslayer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Frogslayer is a great place to start your career. I was initially hired as a Junior developer with no experience which can be intimidating; They were really understanding of that and made me feel like I belonged. I was placed in projects and assigned tasks in such a way that I would gain experience and feel more comfortable about what I was contributing to the team. You're always learning something new as projects may have different requirements and use different languages. If you show an interest in learning about a specific platform or language they'll try their best to place you in a project that involves that. Moving up the company is also a possibility if that is something you're interested in. Hours are very flexible, especially if you're full time. Frogslayer does have office hours from 9-5 and there are minimum expected hours depending if full/part time, but you can pretty much decide within that range when you can come in. I feel the compensation is very fair, and they're always trying to find the best benefits for their employees. The people working here are great as well. I haven't yet had a bad encounter with any employee here. Everyone is friendly and are always open to help if you ever need anything without any judgement. Frogslayer makes sure that they're hiring people that fit this culture as well.

Cons

The only thing that does come to mind for a con is the location. College station for the most part is a city where you go to for school and then leave. However they do acknowledge the location limitations and from my understanding Frogslayer is looking into potentially hiring people that can work remotely in the future (few years from now) as the company keeps growing.

6. "Fantastic place to work"

I have been working at Frogslayer part-time for less than a year

Pros

There are alot of pros to working here; the work environment is fantastic & fun, you get to solve many different interesting problems, but the best part is the work timing. It does not matter when you work and when you leave, so long as you get the work done.

Cons

I am not super fond of the location, as College Station is too small of a town for my liking.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in College Station, TX

I have been working at Frogslayer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities for personal growth and advancement The culture is friendly and progressive for the area Management is very open and willing to help Flexible hours

Cons

Some small things are still being figured out as the company is growing

8. "Great Culture & Job"

Current Employee - Software Developer in College Station, TX

I have been working at Frogslayer full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Interesting Projects and Clients -Great Management - Paid Insurance - Health - Dental & Vision -Great Team and Company Culture (Feels like family) -Office Teams for City Sport Leagues. -Results Oriented Work Environment. At FrogSlayer, you get to work with some amazing people, not just developers, but quality testers managers and office staff. Having a great around allows us to meet our clients needs and be happy doing so. This job allows for a lot of creative thinking and problem solving skills. -Snacks and Kitchen Area -Much More. Best way I can put it: I don't dread Mondays. It definitely does not feel like I am going to work but instead, I look forward to it.

Cons

None that I can think off.

9. "Amazing culture and"

I have been working at Frogslayer part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is trust between everyone here at FrogSlayer, and with that comes the ability to work autonomously. FrogSlayer really cares about its employees by investing in their personal and professional development. Everyone here is pretty laid back and willing to help if needed.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

10. "Amazing, life-changing experiences happening at FrogSlayer"

I have been working at Frogslayer part-time for less than a year

Pros

A dream-like company, the culture, the opportunity for growth, the leaders people-minded values, the investment placed in you, 401ks at Vanguard, nobody says "that's not my job" but pitches in, start working on real projects as a junior, make your own schedule, trusting work environment, self-starting expectations and atmosphere, transparency (mgmt keeps you updated on the real $$$ facts of the company), flatter structure, easy to speak with managers (always willing to give you a listen)

Cons

Limited location (only College Station right now)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 English Reviews