From You Flowers Reviews

Updated Feb 1, 2021

2.0
From You Flowers CEO Michael Chapin (no image)
Michael Chapin
  1. 5.0

Amazing Culture from Top Down

Aug 11, 2017 - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

From You Flowers is one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. If you love working with brilliant and unpretentious people, this is the place for you. The digital marketing team is fantastic – meetings were always filled with really smart insights. I learned more from my time at FYF than I did at any other workplace environment. More importantly, I was consistently treated with respect and was encouraged to grow by senior management. Had it not been for them, I truly believe my career wouldn’t be where it is today.

Cons

From my perspective, there wasn't any when I worked there.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The only benefit to this job is filling a gap in work history

Dec 10, 2020 - Customer Serives Representative in Old Saybrook, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you haven’t worked in awhile and need to start back into the working world, or want to begin a job in customer service this job can help, but it’s not a long term job for 90% of their employees

Cons

They only care about sales, they scam people with the jewelry side and their employee turnover rate is astronomical

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad

Feb 1, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really bad place to work

Cons

A Terrible place to work

4. 1.0

Terrible

Nov 17, 2020 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros about this job at all

Cons

Management is absolutely terrible. Office is a bad work environment.

5. 2.0

Revolving door

Jul 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule , casual attire, multiple positions

Cons

Revolving door- they weren't afraid to let their employees know this either.

6. 3.0

Fun work

Feb 11, 2020 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very pleasant coworkers to support you

Cons

inconsistent rules from management at times

7. 2.0

tough!

Aug 12, 2019 - Call Center Representative in Old Saybrook, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

there is steady work and its an easy job. very simple to get overtime here during the busy season

Cons

over worked, not much assistance, angry customers,

8. 4.0

Great for experience

Apr 18, 2019 - Call Center Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you do your job well you can move to different departments

Cons

A lot of your success is based on numbers and if you aren't quick enough it can hurt you in the end. You have to have a balance between being personable with the customers but also keeping things moving.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Higher wages and lots of hours, if you want to work this is the place

Jun 10, 2014 - Customer Service Representative in Old Saybrook, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

During peak holiday hours you can literally work until you HAVE to go to sleep. Money, for a college kid unlimited hours and overtime at $10 starting wage with no experiece? Dare you to find better. Incentives, get a customer compliment called in and you can earn break chips. Save up enough and it's called a free day off. Leadership is young and competitive, opportunities to become Team Leader if you have half a brain and don't just give customer a refund because they feel like it Competitive work environment (100+ workers are hired during holidays, only 5-10 stay after holidays. Keep sales high, refunds low, score a nice paying job for the area with little to no work experience)

Cons

LONG holiday hours. 12+ hour days The customers suck, actually had someone call and ask for a refund because their morning delivery arrived 45 minutes later than expected (oh and they wanted to keep the flowers still) You usually only hear the bad, rarely does someone call to say how happy they are. Like anything complaints are what stick with you (To give you an insight hundreds of thousands of sales are made yearly and only 2-3% phone in. Usually something out of your control ie. florist sent wrong arrangement, was late, forgot the card ect. Wears on you after a while)

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It hired me while sick

Apr 3, 2015 - Customer Representative in Old Saybrook, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

They allowed me to work with a PiCC line IV and allowed me to take my medication at work during hours over night.

Cons

They didn't give days off, part timers were constantly pulled away for "you gave the wrong answer here" . when a caller is calling sobbing and you try to calm them down and make them feel better so you can understand what they are saying, you get a manager standing over your shoulder tapping their food saying "you are taking to long, end the conversation now" regardless of how you are trying to save the sale. The florists are treated like trash, and they constantly complain to you when you call to place orders for delivery. They will purposefully place a wrong order to get paid and get us in trouble because FYF barely pay them anything.

2 people found this review helpful