- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Fairfield, CA
- - Arizona
- - Phoenix, AZ Area
- - Phoenix, AZ
- - Oregon
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Portland, OR
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - Missouri
- - St. Louis, MO Area
- - Lake Saint Louis, MO
- India - All Cities
- - Maharashtra
- - Pune, India Area
- - Pune
- France - All Cities
- - Ile-de-France
- - Paris, France Area
- - Paris
Found 204 of over 216 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
New York City
Boston Consulting Group
Moved into my new condo mid November, and building is encouraging us to send holiday gratitude to super and front desk. Not sure how much is appropriate given I just moved in. Location is Long Island City, full service building but not luxury ones like 3 court square.
Anyone actually their true self/personality at work? I feel like I have to put on a front to conform to play the office politics. Pretend to care about things for appearances, laugh at jokes that aren’t funny, clap for things I really could careless about, things like that
I left a 10 year relationship as a 33F. Guy was a good person and I still love him dearly but lacked maturity to settle down and develop contentedness with where he was in life. I was patient until it reached a breaking pt. But right now just so mad at myself for putting myself in a position to be a 33F and single. How do I forgive myself and move on? Feel like I messed up my life on the personal front seeing others all settled down now
Salaries in Tech
What's the salary expectations for full stack developer. Front end and back end developer , given their 10 years of experience in IT testing including automatio. , but not in development, how employers will treat u like a junior or senior ? Please share some insights , what to expect.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "And don't even get me started on how great the culture is." (in 39 reviews)
- "some individual are great people to work with." (in 38 reviews)
- "My team has been amazing." (in 18 reviews)
- "Great company, product, leadership and ambition" (in 16 reviews)
- "Overall everyone is super friendly and always willing to help out or jump!" (in 13 reviews)
- "Went through a massive layoff and reorg, made the people they kept essentially take over the jobs of the people who left." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Front and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 1, 2022 - Sales in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-they hire wonderful, brilliant people who want to work together and help each other -the company actually lives by their values -they're always trying to improve their employees' with new benefits, policies, and advancements within the product -management was great, it felt like they cared about me first rather than as another employee -flexible fridays were phenomenal - i was able to take the day off and essentially work a 4 day work week by getting things done ahead of time -we were given information as to why a change is being made and what led to this decision making. the CEO, Mathilde, is extremely transparent about the state of the company and what her vision is - i've never had so much clarity on the business side of a company than at Front -they want you to succeed -great product to sell -good time to get in -you can tell that a conscious effort has been and is continuing to be made in terms of diverse hiring and inclusivity if i wanted to stay in sales, i would have continued at Front. it's a great place to be.
-i would have loved to work from home full time but sales was in a hybrid role going to the office twice a week when i was there. (some exceptions made but were performance based or case by case) not a deal breaker but something to keep in mind. -still has startup growing pains, too many resources to find internal info, processes not being completely clear, etc. -there's upward mobility within the sales org in a couple departments but it's difficult to navigateContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 30, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Free lunch in the office Activities (happy hour, game nights) after hours in the office
Varying experiences with culture depending on what team you're on Strict return to office policy with no substantial reasoning No option for bonuses or raises Unlimited PTO but PTO requests are often denied Unorganized leadership Unclear hiring objectives which lead to recent layoffs Lack of transparency
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 2, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My team has been amazing. They're supportive, collaborative, and passionate about their day-to-day work. Transparent leadership. Innovative product. Great work-life balance.
Unexpected economic conditions led to bad headcount planning. They did two rounds of layoffs over the course of 4 months.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 17, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- really good people. pleasant. low ego. fun to work with. - a nice friendly working environment goes a long way to the overall experience
- smaller company so less benefits
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 12, 2022 - Sales in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It’s a great work life balance, and people are really nice. The product is super cool, and there are a lot of fun things to work on always.
Leadership is constantly changing, at times it feels like there isn’t anyone actually in charge. Went through a massive layoff and reorg, made the people they kept essentially take over the jobs of the people who left. The product is awesome, but the career pathing is really poor.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct 11, 2022 - Product Manager in ParisRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Overall, it has been an incredible experience to work for Front. While five years can feel like a lifetime in the SaaS industry, I've continued to learn and grow here at Front by taking on new projects, international moves, and much more! Not only is the product incredible - one that I will be using at every company I will ever work for in the future - but the culture and team are some of the best folks I've worked with in my career. Particularly as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I've felt incredibly supported in bringing my whole self to work and have always felt that I have a seat at the table. The challenge ahead of the company is still large, but that is what makes it exciting and fun - I continuously get to solve challenging and complex problems to help companies work happier.
As the company has grown over the past few years, there has also been the growth of more bureaucracy which has slowed down the speed of decision-making. The other area that can be challenging is the market itself - Front is a complex product that is creating a new SaaS category - but, that means one has to have a desire to obtain a deep working knowledge of the SaaS market to deeply understand how people work to be best equipped to understand Front.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 10, 2022 - Inbound Sales Development Representative (SDR) in ParisRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Has lot of perks and benefits.
None so far - can't think of any
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 8, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very good values (on paper), an excellent product and very very nice people.
Good values on paper only.
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 2, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company culture is strong and collaborative. There are some incredible people working at Front.
Leadership lacks direction particularly around product strategy
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 29, 2022 - Anymous in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Front is filled with the most goal-driven, supportive people. The culture and talent here is incredible and unmatched; and management is accessible and really values you as an employee. Provides great benefits - unlimited PTO, free medical, dental, vision, wfh and wellness stipend, free lunch in office, and flexible Fridays! If you want to be challenged, enhance your current skillset and work in a fast-paced environment, you will thrive here.
If you are someone that has difficulty adapting to frequent and constant change, this isn't the job for you. Startups move and change things in the blink of an eye.
Front Reviews FAQs
Front has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 216 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Front to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
86% of Front employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Front 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.