Frontier Airlines Reviews | Glassdoor

Frontier Airlines President and CEO Barry Biffle
Barry Biffle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Low Pay in the current environment (in 27 reviews)

• The Ultra Low Cost Carrier model is nothing more than a buffer to earn profits (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"System Engineer and Administrator / Desktop Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Team to be apart of.... 15 years with the company

Cons

I am not at liberty to explain - in public

2. "Great Company"

Pros

Gain a lot of experience. Room for career advancement.

Cons

Really good company to work for.

3. "Frontier Airlines"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flight Benefits, working with Great Flight Attendants, some Supervisors are amazing and really care, Unionized, High Safety rating, inflight responsibilities are pretty simple

Cons

Pay, 24 hour reserve blocks, Point System for tardies, sick, etc., If based up north you’ll have duo locations to report to, crew scheduling seems to be unorganized at times

Advice to Management

Consideration and Compassion

4. "Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and non traditional. Lots of great people to work with. Full time benefits. Flight benefits for you and your family.

Cons

Long time on reserve. Poor resources to properly do your job. Company only cares about profits, not at all about their employees,

Advice to Management

Value your employees!!!

5. "Update"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros to this job are you get to fly to new places as well as meet many new people from different co workers to just people that you meet while on the plane

Cons

The pay can be a bit low while on reserve however they are working on the contract so hopefully this will improve

"Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Frontier Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Due to rigorous demands, unpredictable deadlines, and intense scrutiny you will develop a high standard of work and organizational skills. This does you well with future employers and is a great springboard to the next level in your career – if you leverage the opportunity. You are exposed to a wide range of financial information that is modeled in a structured way that can be viewed as a best practice. The company has a roller-coaster history (bankruptcy, acquired by a private equity firm, positioned for an IPO) so from a financial perspective it has a very engaging story with many nuances within the financial data and policies carried forward. The financial knowledge, business fundamentals, and questions I learned to ask were extremely developmental. My experience allowed me to really tune into what I wanted (and did not want) for my future career path.

Cons

I am no longer an employee which is telling of my experience. I’m not able to pinpoint where it originated but there was a palpable anxious energy and fear within the department. Maybe it was the general cutthroat ‘zero-sum game’ environment of the commercial airline industry. Staying past midnight to complete a rigorous request was simply seen as ‘doing your job’, while any mistake (no matter how immaterial) was unacceptable. There was also an overbearing level of micromanagement. Often my director would tell me to send an email to another department’s VP, but I had to send a draft to the same director first for their editing and approval. The “cover your butt” mentality was toxic, deliberately teeing up emails to others within the company to receive their response in writing with the intent of assigning future blame in the event of a negative outcome. In retrospect my time with Frontier was analogous to a failed relationship where I walked away more experienced, more mature, more aware of the future I desired, and looking back on the chapter as a valuable learning experience.

Advice to Management

Hostility between departments is causing more harm than good. Adding more hoops to jump through, layers of approval, and difficulties for other departments attempting to accomplish their own responsibilities has an adverse effect on relationships company-wide while significantly bogging down the financial analysts.

7. "Flight Attendant"

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time

Pros

i work with great team mates

Cons

ownership group does not value the employees who earn their multi-million dollar annual bonuses.

Advice to Management

great coworkers. Would be a great company to work for if ownership valued their employees and paid accordingly.

8. "A job, button a career"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flight benefits, a paycheck, little schedule flexibility

Cons

company doesn't want people to stay longer than 2 years, new staff is cheaper. Staff is not treated equally, some receive extra pay bonuses while others don't. schedule flexibility is a joke. management violates their own company handbook whenever they see fit. no morals or loyalty. younger, less mentally mature staff result in a frustrating work environment. Company encourages the use of FMLA instead of offering PTO or Paid sick time.

Advice to Management

Deal straight, work out your contracts with your work groups. Spend a little more money for better benefits. Encourage those who work hard and have been loyal. improve hiring practices. Treat staff better.

"Great Company, Must reassess pay to Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to grow, Great Talent, Awesome base system.

Cons

Pay, relatively low pay versus competing airlines like jetBlue, Allegiant, Southwest, and Spirit. Especially with such a high demanding company, and the most rigourous training in the industry.

Advice to Management

Turnover rate will decrease if you reassess the pay of your flight attendants, especially when other airlines make it more enticing to work for them. Money isn't everything but in this industry, your first, second, and even third years are crucial to being successful and being broke doesn't help. ESPECIALLY with such a demanding company.

"Flight Attendant"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant

I worked at Frontier Airlines full-time

Pros

Current flight attendants are awesome, pet benefits for employees.

Cons

Pay, training is worst in business, lack of support from some upper management.

Advice to Management

Fix your training program to be success centered, for both the employees and the company.