Frontier Airlines Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Frontier Airlines President and CEO Barry Biffle
Barry Biffle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flight benefits, it's like working with family" (in 72 reviews)

• "A great company with great people" (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low Pay in the current environment" (in 27 reviews)

• "The Ultra Low Cost Carrier model is nothing more than a buffer to earn profits" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"System Engineer and Administrator / Desktop Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Team to be apart of.... 15 years with the company

Cons

I am not at liberty to explain - in public

2. "Customer Service Supervisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Islip, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Islip, NY

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great sense of teamwork and family.

Cons

Complaints from passengers about having to pay for bags.

Advice to Management

none

3. "Flight Attendant Interview"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO

I worked at Frontier Airlines (Less than a year)

Pros

Process to get job very straightforward

Cons

Low pay to start, unpaid Training

Advice to Management

Show candidates what year 2, 3, 4 salaries would be.

"Great service. Horrible appreciation."

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Frontier Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing airline and not a long reserve period

Cons

Penny pinchers who will do everything in their power to fly with minimum requirements and sacrifice comfort, safety, and service for a profit.

Advice to Management

Profits > People

5. "TRAINEE FOR FRONTIER AIRLINES"

Former Employee - Traininee for Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Traininee for Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Frontier Airlines (Less than a year)

Pros

In Orlando, FL nice weather, per diem,

Cons

very intense, didn't successfully complete training

Advice to Management

work better in delivering information

"Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time

Pros

Most of the people you work with are amazing. New planes with more on order, Frontier has been annoucing new routes and new destinations like crazy. The company is growing very rapidly and hiring a lot of new Flight Attendants meaning your seniority will grow fast and you're time on reserve will be short (depending on what base you get). You get flight benefits on other airlines, health, vision, dental, pet, 401k benifits. The hotels you stay at on layovers are very nice and most of the time you'll have the opportunity to go out and experience the city. Your supervisors are great and are willing to help you if you need it. You'll be reimbursed for parking or public transportation to your home base. Training is somewhat paid.

Cons

The pay is mediocre compared to your competitors (you'll have to work here up to 6 years or more to make the hourly you'd make starting out at a similar or bigger airline). Frontier is a very profitable airline but don't expect to see ANY of it because there's no profit sharing. There is little opportunity to make more while you are on reserve, some bases have less time on reserve than others. Reserve (being on-call) is 24hours at a time up to 6days in a row. The new contract has been in negotiations for 3 years and is no where close to being completed (FAs and pilots are on the verge of striking, read the news). As far as our CEO goes, well, compare the approval ratings for our CEO to the CEOs at other airlines... the numbers don't lie. Dont have much to compare our point system to but you can only call out sick a few times a year (in other words dont get sick). You can fly on other airlines but you will be at the very very very bottom of thier standby list. With that being said, commuting is not at all recommended but there are people who do it. Expect to work days that are barely legal while on reserve. Get back from a long exhausting trip? They could put you back on reserve at the airport until you time out.
    On to training... Frontier has one of the most intense trainings out there with only about a 50% to 60% success rate. Fail a test twice? Bye. 10 seconds late to class? Adios. You'll be thrown a lot of info in three weeks and only get to see an actual real life plane once until after you're done with training yet you're expected to know what you're doing.

My advice, either work here for a little to gain experience then move on to a better airline or stick it out for a couple years til the new contract comes out. Frontier is experiencing growing pains and I do have hope it'll get better and be like the old frontier you'll hear so many old Frontier FAs talking about but it's going to take a long time to get that point with our current management team. Everyone's opinion will be different but do your research and see if this is the job for you in your current situation.

Advice to Management

Frontier has grown to a very very profitable airline, it's time reward the employees that have helped you get there. Also listen to your employees who are the ones out on the line dealing with customers, working with planes. To see the lack of care, collaboration, and communication from the heads of our company is sad. Why be complacent with constantly being ranked at the bottom of every single airline and worklife review when Frontier could be so much more.

7. "I'll just be starting training next month. So far everyone I have met seemed very nice."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, Nice base options, pay is decent

Cons

My only con is training is unpaid.

Advice to Management

Everyone in management I have met so far seems nice. Looking forward to working with everyone

8. "General"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Frontier Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environment is good and friendly

Cons

Pay is lower than other airlines

Advice to Management

None

9. "Flight Attendant"

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time

Pros

Travel Benefits is all I can think of.

Cons

Lowest paid in the industry...new hires are eligible for food stamps and government health care.
    Worst place to work

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth...management should be ashamed of themselves.

"Technical Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Frontier Airlines (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are the best; most of them. Benefits are decent and flying benefits are pretty good but don't expect to use them often coz you don't have a lot of time off i.e. vacation time. There is no processes or procedures in place in most of the departments; it's frustrating.

Cons

First. NEVER complaint to HR about your manager, they state a no tolerance policy but it's not true. The pay is VERY low compared to the market on a similar position. I worked in the PMO department where there is Zero documentation for any of the projects they have completed in the last few years. They did an upgrade to their reservation system - NO BRD/FRD - they used a spreadsheet. They don't like change which is ironic for an IT department. Management states they want new ideas and new ways to do things but they really don't; they want to do things the same old tired way; inefficient. The vacation/time off is a joke. You have 2 weeks; sick time and holidays. You can't work at home. They tried in my department to allow flex-time like 4-9's and 3-10's but my manager didn't want flex time even though she said offered the flex time to the department.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who are actually doing the work! If you want to make Frontier a better place to work; pay your employees market value! Offer better vacation/PTO packages. Get training for your new managers on how to work with people as people. Just because it isn't your idea doesn't make it a bad idea.