Frontier Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

1,314 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Feild Service Tech"

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

It is fun and professional

Cons

It is cold and hot sometimes

2. "Was good Once"

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

Environment, Some managers, Commission, Location

Cons

CEO changes, Inconsistent, Training is useless

3. "Take what I say with a grain of salt"

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits were excellent, especially PTO. If you made it past the 90 day trial you started earning PTO. It would accrue throughout the year, but I believe it added up to something like 2 weeks. From my experience since then, that's amazing for relatively new employees.

Cons

I worked for a division in Provo, UT which did outsourced customer service work for Intuit. That division has since been bought out by another company. I'm not sure how much the problems I experienced were company-wide, or how much they extended to just that location.

The call center environment was about as typical as you'll see: high turnover rates, extremes of micromanaging or no management at all, bad culture, etc. The floor walkers and leads were supposed to be there to help, but the attitude they generally conveyed was "you're stupid and so is your customer, and that's why you're asking me for help." During the initial stages of training you're enticed by stories of callers who were promoted to lead status after just a couple months if they did well, but once you get onto the floor you quickly realize they put measures in place to keep you right where you are, no matter what your performance is. In fact, several of my favorite leads (without the bad attitude) were demoted back to taking calls. Then most of them understandably quit.

The metric they generally used for success was your survey scores. People with bad scores were subject to losing their jobs. Fair enough. But on the flip side, the agents with the best scores were usually chastised for "cheating" by supposedly breaking some kind of rules about how to present the survey to your customer. Those rules varied from manager to manager and lead to lead, of course.

They also entice you to work holidays with promises of excellent pay, and then find any reason possible to take it away from you.

Luckily, I was promoted to a brand new position after about 6 months-I'm not sure how much longer I would have lasted on the phones. Those of us who were hired were initially promised a rate increase of $3 an hour from whatever we were making before that. However, they soon tried to make us sign contracts which specified a rate of $15 per hour for all of us. You may be noticing a pattern of the company trying to scrimp and save by screwing over its employees. Anyway, I remained in this new position for about a year and a half. In some ways it was better than the call center work, in other ways it was exactly the same. The expectations and coaching were constantly changing without our notice, and the fault their may lie mostly on the Intuit side. However, in that year and a half I was given one raise of 15 cents an hour, despite the results my work produced. I blame that on the Frontier side.

There's my long-winded review of Frontier, hope it helps.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with dignity if you value the work you demand of them.

"Don't Work Too Hard"

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

The Pay is great
    This is a Union position

Cons

Union position
    If Management finds out you can work they make you do ALL of the work

Advice to Management

Reward employees that work harder than the rest. Promote a good work ethic with genuine reward such as a schedule vacation or vacation days rather than piling more work on top of the work they have already done and the work they need to do.

5. "Sales and Service"

Current Employee - Sales and Service in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales and Service in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Serving customers, teamwork with local employees.

Cons

Working in a Legacy area.

Advice to Management

Silo's don't work.

6. "Lead"

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

They offere really good employee benefits

Cons

Advancement seems to be given through favoritism.

7. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Vice President in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility. Work from home. Hard-working culture. Benefits. Staff is wildly talented and very hard-working.

Cons

The company is diligently adjusting to its new size, which at times can create uncertainty around job security. I see this as a merely temporary situation. Staff has grit to overcome this phase.

Advice to Management

Continue looking for opportunities to communicating with staff as often as possible and with as much transparency as possible. Hearing from leadership is a morale boost at all levels.

8. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to mentor from

Cons

The industry is very competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Can Frontier Communications make a comeback?"

Former Employee - Anonymous for My Future Employment Security
    Former Employee - Anonymous for My Future Employment Security

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Frontier has many, many, many awesome employees with strong desires to work hard, be successful, and make the company successful. The employees want to improve the customer experience, they want to do a great job. There are leaders who really want to support their employees and improve the culture, but their hands are most often tied, and they are as frustrated as their employees.

Cons

Toxic culture, no vision or long term strategy, antiquated systems and even more antiquated thought processes. People who question status quo, or push too hard for change, are ostracized or let go. A strange "dictatorship" clique mentality exists in many of the leadership teams. A few really good leaders have been brought in, but it is doubtful they will be able to accomplish anything long term with the current schizophrenic environment.

Advice to Management

The board, Dan, and the senior leadership team (SLT), need to wake-up. They still have a good employee base that is hungry to help turn the company around. Frontier was not ready to play with the big boys, and now that they are in that league, they need to get in touch with their customers and their employees. The SLT needs to get off their thrones and get into muck with them.

"Overworked"

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time

Pros

Pay, coworkers, generous time off

Cons

Horrible benefits, staffing issues, culture

Showing 1,314 of 1,374 reviews