Frontier Communications Reviews in Rochester, NY | Glassdoor

Frontier Communications President and CEO Dan McCarthy
Dan McCarthy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Could have been better"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Henrietta, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Henrietta, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pto,breaks,lots of floor support,on the job training,Great pay,some good incentives.

Cons

No flexibility in hours,too much focus on sales for a tech support position,hard to transfer to other delta if you don't meet sales and call times

Advice to Management

Don't push people who are good at the actual job to sell when sales are secondary in that dept,would have stayed despite not liking my hours if I didn't HAVE to sell.

2. "Work and home life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission is a great if

Cons

No work to home balance

Advice to Management

Stop with the 3 months shift bids.. As well as pay rate in some departments get pay less and do the work of all department s

"Awful management. No interest in employee training or retention. Poor products."

Former Employee - Director in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Director in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good time off (but that kept getting reduced). Great co-workers. Tough so say much more that is good.

Cons

Focus on short term revenue rather than long term improvement. Company is failing. Upper management gets huge bonuses no matter the performance of the company.

Advice to Management

Customers want better, faster, and more reliable service. The cables companies are beating you with better infrastructure and smarter investments in employees and technology.

"This job killed me inside."

Former Employee - IHD Technician in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - IHD Technician in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some co-workers and management shared the misery and actually tried to make it bearable. Not bad pay, but not nearly enough to handle the b.s. all day, every day.

Cons

Angry and rude customers, crap quality product that Frontier does not want to invest money into repairing. Scope of technical support too broad. Too many systems to use. Training is lacking. Any career advancement is given to favorites and they promote who they like instead who in qualified. Lots of empty promises. Attendance policy is horrible, especially for someone who needs accommodation for medical issues.

Advice to Management

Quit focusing on stats that are unobtainable. The issue isn't about how the customers are being treated when they call in, its about why they are calling to begin with.

"this place will not treat you like a human"

Former Employee - Ihd Tech in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Ihd Tech in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

thecommisions were good if you were a top seller

Cons

the coaches there dont care about anything but money for sales and thats it they dont care about the employee going out of bussiness in my opinion stock dropped 3$ in two years

6. "IHD Tech 1"

Former Employee - IHD Tech I in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - IHD Tech I in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Benefits, Easy work, Decent pay

Cons

Little upward movement, High pressure to sell

Advice to Management

Don't force technicians to sell

"Absolutely horrible company to work for."

Former Employee - BSSYS IT Administration I in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - BSSYS IT Administration I in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is, if you're looking for a job you can coast at by doing the bare minimum this might work.

Cons

Oh where to start. Senior management is clueless and will throw entire departments under the bus for a bonus. They do not care about your health, your family, your children, or job satisfaction. They claim 100% US based workforce by hiring tens of thousands of offshore "contractors" who don't count as employees. They treat their employees like garbage, pay them like garbage.
    The HR department is a complete joke. If you complain about unfair treatment by a boss, they actually have the boss interview you in the hr complaint against them.
    They actually break FCC laws, steal bandwidth from customers for corporate use, and swindle customers constantly. Their systems constantly break, they don't repair broken customer systems in a timely manner (I've had family members go 3 months with broken TV Internet and Phone, and they continued to bill them despite never sending a technician out to fix).
    Seriously I don't know how this company is still in business.

Advice to Management

Advice to new CEO Dan McCarthy - You have some seriously poor VPs in place. You really need a top down purge of upper management if you ever want to change the direction of the company.

"Business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Frontier used to be an exceptional company to work for when it was Rochester Telephone. Now I cannot give you one Pro

Cons

Everything. The lack of communication(go figure) is unreal. Your manager is most likely to be in a whole other state and not even familiar with the department it's overseeing. Need I go on!!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!! Respectfully communication is everything.Show them they are valued.

"Blame game."

Former Employee - Payroll in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Payroll in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications (More than 10 years)

Pros

Union employees are protected for the most part from (mis)Management.

Cons

Frontier has a earned reputation of playing the blame game. If and when anything goes wrong the first course of business is to lay blame, cover it up or fire someone, don't fix the problem. Upper management rules by fear alone and not respect. Anyone is a position of leadership is waiting for the hammer to fall. Second rate service and second rate product. Not anywhere near speeds advertised for internet and all issues are band-aided not healed.

Advice to Management

Fire Cecilia McKinney and other managers who rule by bullying and blaming everyone else for their incompetence. HR is useless. This company is a joke, do not accept the offer...run! Unless you are union then take the job because the bullies are intimidated by the unions.

"Terrible place stay far away"

Former Employee - Fiber Tech Support in Henrietta, NY
    Former Employee - Fiber Tech Support in Henrietta, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The time off you get 4 weeks of pto after being there 6 months

Cons

To few management that know what they're doing and they get rid of the ones that are good at their job. They pitched it as a tech support job in reality you could be the most useless person in tech support all they care about is sales. Can't trust 90 percent of the supervisors they look to fire anyone. Always telling you one thing and doing another

Advice to Management

Get back to top company roots get back to what matters help the customer first and careless about offering

Showing 84 of 1,303 reviews