Frontier Communications Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

2.8
Frontier Communications President and CEO Nick Jeffery (no image)
Nick Jeffery
Pros
  • "Good pay, great schedule and benefits(in 116 reviews)

• "Pay and benefits are unmatched locally(in 101 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor business making decisions and little accountability from upper management was killing the company(in 97 reviews)

• "Forced overtime, no work life balance(in 47 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Frontier Communications and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cyber security Engineer

Dec 27, 2020 - Security Engineer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great boss, flexible hours, work from home

Cons

Lack of accountability, the prevailing attitude is its not my job therefore not my problem

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! If you’d like to share more, please contact: FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great co-workers, good wages, poor upper management

Jan 15, 2021 - Tier I Technical Support in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family work environment, great training, work from home opportunities, equal opportunity employer.

Cons

Poor business making decisions and little accountability from upper management was killing the company. Poor service to end-user customers. Forced sales on IT reps.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to share. We assure you that staying current, both for our employees and our customers, is a top priority for us. We note and appreciate your feedback as it helps us work towards a better future. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please contact FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Never bored

Feb 17, 2020 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation, evolving and determined leadership, strong team environment, work from home flexibility, able to wear many hats. CEO change is exciting and looks like a very positive trajectory overall.

Cons

HR policies are not clear or not communicated well, change regularly, hiring is often done via "good old boys" approach, extremely difficult for VPs to get approval to hire resources needed to fulfill expectations.

Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review and share. We are always trying to find ways to improve our organization. We’d like to hear more about your experience or answer any policy questions you may have. Please contact our team at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com. Thank you.

4. 4.0

retention

May 1, 2020 - Customer Retention Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

bonuses, benefits are decent, and work from home.

Cons

Hard goals and not correctly trained reps

Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share! We’re thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of the benefits and perks offered. Ensuring our employees feel valued is crucial to us. Thanks, again!

5. 5.0

Frontier & me

Jan 16, 2020 - Project Manager in Allen, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work Environment work from home direct Manager awesome

Cons

never met my manager and or colleagues during working at Frontier all were remote

Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Frontier. We wish you success in your new role. If you have any additional thoughts on how to make the work from home experience better for other employees, feel free to reach out to us at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

DONT EVER WORK HERE!

Feb 25, 2020 - Remote Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none, work at home was good but they pretty much took that away. If I could give negative stars I would.

Cons

Unattainable numbers, untrained reps, outsourced, horrible service all around, high school clique, HORRIBLE, extreme stress, just horrible

Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review and share. We assure you that we are always trying to find ways to make our employees feel comfortable, valued, and appreciated. We’d like to hear more about your experience. Please contact our team at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com. Thank you.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Alright

Mar 27, 2020 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission, work from home.

Cons

The company was terrible, they did not care about employees

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience. If you have any advice on how we can improve please email us at Frontiercareerfeedback@ftr.com

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Overworked and Overlooked

Feb 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

People Type of work Ability to work from home on occasion.

Cons

Lack of diversity in management. Lack of promoting from within. No work life balance.

Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review and share. We assure you that we are always trying to find ways to ensure our employees feel comfortable, valued, and appreciated. We’d like to hear more about your experience and how we can support you better. Please feel free to contact our team at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Commission keeps shrinking

May 15, 2019 - Retention Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work at home is great

Cons

The payout on commission is less and less as they figure ways of lessening the payout and unrealistic incorrectly calculated goals I can imagine due to the desperation of keeping company afloat.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company to work for when we where the true Frontier, not the new Verizon.

Mar 7, 2017 - Enterprise Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours. Life changing experiences. Well rounded teams. Paid time off. 401k. Employee discounts on tech and data services. Local managers who care about their teams needs and markets.

Cons

Unrealistic goals set with unrealistic numbers to show potential earned amounts for over achievements. Bad comp plans. Comp plan shows accelerated amounts based off yearly numbers being 200% to plan vs providing what 100 % looks like. Lots of information to guess at. Year after year major comp changes removing pay for same work. deceiving a plan to say you can make more in reality you lose approximately 10 to 20k in over all. Not competitive with pricing, capital issues.

7 people found this review helpful