Frontline Medical Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Web Production Specialist in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Web Production Specialist in Rockville, MD

I worked at Frontline Medical Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, and considering I had to work with a racist bully at one of my previous jobs, that's all the matters.

Cons

I suggest management consider an employee's circumstances before letting him or her go. Patience.

Advice to Management

If it isn't working out and there are tasks that would be a better fit for skill set, please give the employee a chance to use these skills. Otherwise you're setting him or her up for failure.

2. "Editor"

I have been working at Frontline Medical Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The publications are well respected.

Cons

The company leadership focuses on short-term goals and has little interest in strategic planning or the input of staff. The culture is not supportive or empowering.

3. "Get With the Program"

Current Employee - Vice President of in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President of in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Frontline Medical Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gives employees autonomy to do their jobs.

Cons

Management Infighting and lack of communication. Low=paying in general other than a few employees.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees. Employees - start to innovate more.

"Run"

Pros

Most of the employees are nice.

Cons

Do yourself a favor. Don't work here.

"The reviews don't lie..."

I worked at Frontline Medical Communications full-time

Pros

Lighter work load compared to other jobs, sometimes too light.

Cons

Not a lot of direction is given at this company. The higher ups mainly work from home. Would not recommend applying here or refer someone here.

"Great environment, poor organization and pay"

Pros

Light work load (if that is positive, not sure it is). Friendly coworkers. Flexible hours.

Cons

Poor business management. Low pay and small readership.

"Proceed With Caution..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Paid vacation and time off.

Cons

Please know that I usually do not write reviews, but this one is warranted, and while it may seem that I am using this site to vent, I am generally happy in workplace settings. My review of Frontline Medical Communications (FMC) may not be indicative of the company as a whole, but it certainly is my experience. Generalized statements were used for obvious reasons.

With a lot of new hires coming through the door at FMC, I urge you to find employment elsewhere.

At FMC, there is a revolving door of talent that always comes and goes at any given time. I see just why FMC is hemorrhaging workers, upper management has no clue as to what’s going on. They rely on you only when it is convenient for them and then it is still a question of whether or not you are valuable to their team. You hired me, so there must be something valuable in my work history that is beneficial to the company.

I was warned that my boss is moody by an employee who exited FMC shortly after I arrived. I immediately saw what this individual was warning me about.

My supervisor constantly compares my work to that of other departments, which goes to show how clueless this individual is. Create your own meter stick for measuring workflows, instead of relying on other departments to set standards.

If you ask questions, your supervisor will brush your questions off because they do not know the answer and will not find the answer for you, or they will ask why you are asking such a question. You can put your all into projects and your boss still may not recognize you or appreciate your best efforts. Supervisors also only speak when they have a question, OR NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING THAT BENEFITS THEM, which makes for a very unpleasant work atmosphere.

Speaking of the atmosphere, it is unfriendly, OPPRESSIVE, dull, and dank. Not that I need friends at work, but if you are in the same space, you might as well speak and be cordial to one another.

Some people who suck up to their bosses, and cause UNNECESSARY wide-spread problems WITHIN THEIR DEPARTMENTS, are rewarded. In other words, some colleagues are backstabbers who will do anything to make themselves look good.

Some colleagues are only concerned about their own advancement within FMC. They continue to point out your PERCEIVED flaws and/or problems in front of the boss. When in reality, everyone is there to work as a team and no ONE person is more important than another.

Policies, procedures, and systems that are implemented FREQUENTLY change. Don't get accustomed to doing things one way because they will surely change; but, there are no justifiable reasons for the CHANGES.

FMC has switched name(s) several times and previous reviews on Glassdoor.com have not been favorable, either. For example, FMC was formerly Quadrant HealthCom. A rating of 1.7 for this company is being generous.

HR, the face of a company, is equally as clueless as upper management, which I will not elaborate on.

Avoid this company or stay, get the experience and leave for a better role. Job ads for this company may look attractive, but working at FMC is a different story!

Advice to Management

Do less belittling and more educating. Take management classes to improve employee morale. Respect your colleagues who depend on your direction.

8. "Work Great, Compensation Low"

Pros

Great experience in medical communications field.

Cons

Salaries are low compared to other similar companies.

"Mid level manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ

I have been working at Frontline Medical Communications (More than a year)

Pros

Experienced, knowledgeable, hard working, great group of people. Most work well together to achieve the best results.
    Depth and breadth offerings.

Cons

Limited or misallocated resources. Goals do not align throughout, starting from top down.
    Those out for themselves disrupt/derail efforts of other team members.
    Objectives not well defined and often change to quickly. Unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Focus on core objectives and achieve excellence with existing developments/products/services before moving on to new ones. If you want to be the best, work with the best, build trust, and treat them with respect. Communicate equally, not selectively. Communicate clearly. Communicate often and regularly.

"Senior writer"

I have been working at Frontline Medical Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to cover a variety of topics, lots of travel

Cons

Tough to build any kind of deep knowledge base since you're spread around quite a bit. And several rounds of layoffs have left us shorthanded