Frosch Travel Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 5, 2018

2.9
Bryan Leibman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good company, could work from home or in the office" (in 7 reviews)

• "Growing company, so many different opportunities within company" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Micromanagement and hostile work environment due to management" (in 5 reviews)

• "Account Management team that advocates for the client, but NEVER for the teams" (in 4 reviews)

"Travel Consultant"

Pros

room for advancement and flexible schedules

Cons

no raises and benefit packages

"Lack of understanding of human resources"

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom and flexibility in work schedules. Ability to work remotely.

Cons

Criminal underpay and lack of knowledge of their human resource assets. Company is growing by acquiring other companies at a break neck pace, but doesn't have the systems in place or running smoothly enough to make the acquisitions easy transitions.

Advice to Management

Provide performance reviews, a chance for annual raises or performance bonuses, know the human resource assets of the companies being acquired and offer those employees current market value for their experience and skills. Provide more ability for upward mobility.

3. "Recommend"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Travel Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company, so many different opportunities within company.
    Hard work and dedication are appreciated.

Cons

Terrible Medical Coverage. Account management has no leadership

Advice to Management

The only thing I can really say is treat your employees better, better health insurance

4. "Good employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros of working here are the people I get to work with within the company, my team and the work environment. It is family owned which is a big contributor of how the office operates and the relaxed environment.

Cons

The benefits have changed every year since I have been here which can be a headache but this year they are better than the previous years. Like any office there are office politics but just do your best to not get involved.

Advice to Management

We should offer more travel benefits since we are a travel company and hold more office events for team building that way all departments can interact. Also look into merit increases/ or performance reviews that way we know how we are doing and can discuss goals.

5. "Hard Work Rewarded"

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is the first company I have worked for where I feel that I make a direct impact. Management does not micromanage you and if you work hard for them they work hard for you. This is not a corporate environment and is proud of being privately owned. If you have to be told what to do all of the time this is not the place for you. They truly appreciate hard work and dedication.

Cons

As with any company there are issues that come up. The benefits are high, but provide good coverage.

Advice to Management

develop your leaders

"Opportunities to Grow"

Current Employee - Global Support Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Global Support Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my position I wear several hats which has lead to experience in various areas. I interact with agents and account managers throughout the company. This leads to more visibility, and has allowed advancement.

Cons

Unfortunately, with a smaller company, benefit packages are limited.

"Not healthy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are pretty much the only things decent.

Cons

Truthfully this company is a walking lawsuit, things are just ran so out of control it’s just point blank not healthy. The company it self has to many people over looking to many fields. The higher ups are without words it’s just again unhealthy how things are run in that company

Advice to Management

The only thing I can really say is treat your employees better, better pay better health insurance! You have staff that is horrible to your employees and yet they stay around without punishment. I’m sorry no job is worth this and with the lack of pay why Torture yourself. I have to say I’m very surprised that some people have the position they do because you can clearly see they are not suited for the position. It’s really a shame because the company could be better if they cleaned house and payed better, but they never will and that’s why they have such a high turn over rate.

"Poor Management; Great Function aside from Leadership"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location and coworkers are friendly / helpful
     Opportunity to meet others in the hotel sector

Cons

Though corporate, is a family operated so no structure or consistency in policies or procedures. Anything goes environment.

Terrible Medical Coverage
    No 401k match
    No flexible scheduling
    Micromanagement and hostile work environment due to management
    Senior Leadership

Advice to Management

Understand the jobs of your subordinates to lead better and set realistic expectations. Empower and trust and stop bullying staff.

Aside from the travel agents who are happy, administrative departments are overworked and expected to satisfy the Senior Team's inconsistent and poorly communicated expectations. There is no formal training so colleagues are left to train (without any direction) and also complete their own work on time which is impossible in an understaffed environment. Workaholic management (20 hours daily) expects team to work comparable hours (so absolutely no work/life balance here). Micromanagement is unbearable and insulting to the talent they hire; emails cannot be sent without prior approval from EVP (incredibly inefficient) and feedback from subordinates is not valued or implemented. Colleagues are regularly told by management that fellow coworkers are not meeting expectations in an effort to spur productivity through competition but the end result is distrust and a hostile work environment towards management as coworkers get along very well and see through the manipulation. Sadly, there is one cancer in this company that causes regular turnover due to bullying and belittlement. The irony that FROSCH is a travel company centered on relationships but leaders barely have interpersonal skills, management know-how, and are incredibly argumentative and defensive. Please clean up house, family or not. You're losing good people who want to do the work but can't come into a normal working environment.

Young professionals: go elsewhere as this is not an environment anyone can thrive in. Instead of empowering subordinates, one is expected to play secretary to the Senior leader.

Working 10+ hours a day is expected and logging overtime is frowned upon. Non- exempt employees are exploited - all sorts of legal infractions at this company that surely will lead to its demise once people are not too scared to speak up and whistle blow on internal issues. HR cannot be helpful as they must defer to the Senior Team.

If the companies who partner with FROSCH knew what was going on inside, they surely would not want to be associated with the company.

"Travel Agent"

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time

Pros

Large agency with world wide reach

Cons

Top heavy, adequate pay scale

10. "Growing company but..."

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company, so many different opportunities within company.

Cons

UNDERPAID agents won't stay, and that is the bread/butter. Health insurance is not great and too expensive. FAMS are not really offered to non-leisure agents.

Advice to Management

Be more aggressive with pay/new bonus program a big let down, support your agents and seek review by staff of management - should not be one way