Frosch Travel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Bryan Leibman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good company, could work from home or in the office (in 6 reviews)

• A great place to start your carrier in travel (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the account management team is ineffective and lacking in knowledge (in 5 reviews)

• NO TRAINING PROGRAM FOR MANAGEMENT (in 5 reviews)

1. "SVP"

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

nothing is bad with this company

"Corporate Travel"

Former Employee - Senior Travel Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Travel Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Frosch Travel (More than a year)

Pros

virtual office, able to work from other locations

Cons

need better organization and training

"management"

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you can work from home

Cons

management is unprofessional, communication is always negative, you are guilty till proven innocent, always looking for something wrong they don't read thru the emails or documentation before they accuse of errors etc. when you prove your are correct there is no apology- it is just ignored. They get defensive and vindictive if you speak up or point out they are wrong. NO RAISES ever!

Advice to Management

management needs to take professional email and communication classes. HR should be more aware of the way management treats direct reports. surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit or two yet.

"Got out just in time"

Former Employee - Travel Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the owners used to be fair and honest and above board

Cons

over the last few years they hired a top layer of managment who are unpleasant, self serving, do-nothings. they step on everyone and anyone to make themselves look good.

Advice to Management

cut out the fat

5. "Amazing Place to Work with Amazing People"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are more pros than cons when it comes to FROSCH. I love every day of my job and the people I work with within FROSCH are wonderful. Best decision I have ever made was to come work for FROSCH

Cons

It's corp world there is always a con here and there. But with FROSCH there really is not much I guess really the only thing would be benefits are not great.

Advice to Management

Always keep the open door you all do an amazing job at that today!

6. "Good Company to work for!!"

Pros

Good Team, bosses, vacation, and flexibility.

Cons

Medical benefits are costly family.

"Sad facts"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are wonderful the staff meaning management and higher ups not so much. Sadly there isn't many pros that I can say and that's pretty sad

Cons

The company doesn't have a great rate for training. This place really looks at you to make 30-40k and live in New York, than when you want a raise it's really nothing but a joke. They seem to care more about there pockets then anyone else. They are not equal with a lot of things with pay with fan trips nothing. It's always the same people and yet wonder why people aren't happy with this place.

Advice to Management

You really need to look around and see that this is New York cost of living is high which in turns means employees should be paid. Also look around a company should not be based on favoritism it should be an opportunity for all.

"Highly recommended for IC's corporate and leisure"

Current Employee - IC Leisure
    Current Employee - IC Leisure

I have been working at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Communication, family friendly, industry reputation - competitive comm structure

Cons

Accounting practices; needs improvement Great people but they seem to hire basic skill level staff and not from travel. I find it frustrating speaking with accounting on my comm and they don't have a clue of how comm work in the travel industry.

Advice to Management

Accounting needs to be a priority. It's great we receive the highest comm in the business but it equally frustrating when you provide us young girls that have no clue about how we work and receive comm from suppliers. Manager role needs to given to those that are qualified, not because she is the friend of the VP. This is not a mom and pop shop, you are global, right?

"Corporate Travel"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other than getting to work from home, I have no pros regarding this company.

Cons

The department I worked in which included nights and weekends, the Director reminded me so much of the bad person on "Mean Girls", if you did anything to alienate her or the female supervisor that was it; might as well start looking for another job as they would make your life completely miserable until you quit or they find some way (and I mean anything) to terminate you with. It was due to that Director that caused so many excellent agents to leave and could not hire qualified agemts. They only positive person was the male supervisor, he was the only person who would defend you. High cost of insurance benefits was also a factor with not enough pay.

Advice to Management

Management really needs to listen to what current & former employees say and not necessarily from HR, as they also did nothing after reporting problems.

"Accounting"

I worked at Frosch Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Possibility to learn various positions within the company. The other employees are a joy to be around!

Cons

NO SUPPORT! Management is quick to point the finger at the team instead of researching the issue first.
    Management has belittled employees in front of others and made them cry.
    Not professional whats so ever. If you have an issue with someone or something you are unable to go up the chain of command because they just name drop. HR is the same way. You can not confide in them because they bring up your name to the person you have an issue with. In turn creating a hostile work environment.
    Management plays favorites BIG TIME!
    Raise? What raise? You have to practically beg.
    Benefits are horrible and terribly expensive to the younger crowd. 401K is a joke.
    No training. Have to learn from the person you are taking over for.

Advice to Management

Perhaps take leadership classes and actually train your employees. Treat everyone with respect and hold everyone to the same standard.