Frost & Sullivan Reviews | Glassdoor

Frost & Sullivan Reviews

Updated November 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work culture and work life balance (in 68 reviews)

• Excellent place to learn and to earn (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus payouts have been delayed for 2 years in a row with no word from senior management (in 37 reviews)

• When you employed by F&S, you will receive a minimal or no training, there is no routine refresher course too (in 27 reviews)

"Like high school....complete with cliques, mean girls and games! Event professionals STAY AWAY!"

Former Employee - Events
    Former Employee - Events

I worked at Frost & Sullivan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work remote, travel and really that's about it

Cons

The Events team are experts at backstabbing, bullying and blaming. Never in my professional career have I dealt with a group of people that are so toxic. If you do not fit in, you're chastised, treated like a pariah and basically left to flail in the wind until you cannot take the isolation anymore and you leave.
    In my time there, I watched this scenario unfold on several coworkers. Events team leadership is even worse. They are so one dimensional and so benign and so hands off that they instead of formulating their own opinions about team members and their capabilities , they are listening to the opinions of their event managers/sponsor sales and production people aka the sorority sisters/mean girls who basically decide who stays and who goes.

I left of my own accord after acting like one of the girls for several years which I am not proud of.

Advice to Management

Take a look at this team...although I'm sure if upper management actually cared, they would have done something with this train wreck already

Oct 11, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The Events team is truly passionate about their work and over the years, have developed strong bonds. No team is without healthy disagreement at... More

"Opportunity but also roadblocks"

Pros

Smart people. Committed people. Great brand.

Cons

Strengths are specific analysts. Great if you want to be one or work with them.

Advice to Management

employees can have great ideas also more ground up input more efficient admin process consider reapportioning numbers - less snr management and more bright young people

3. "analyst"

Pros

Frost has a good reputation across a variety of industries and its analysts and sales team are quite knowledgeable.

Cons

Frost is dispersed in US in California, New York and Texas and internationally. Each research area and team is its own silo.

"Low Salary, no recognition to hard work, long hours."

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

Pros

Developed good network with clients

Cons

No training, lack of support, lack of incentives, lack work life family balance.

Advice to Management

Work with the employees and listen to them

"Always challenging but fun."

Current Employee - Business Development in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun and challenging. Tons to learn about all aspects of sales, research and consulting. Ideas are encouraged from all levels. Exposure to different cultures and regions.

Cons

Growing pains...if you are looking for SOP manuals, this is not the place for you. No hand holding here. They could hire more infrastructure to support a greeting company. Running pretty lean but they are trying.

Advice to Management

Get rid of non team players more quickly!

"Great for experience. Stepping stone"

Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at Frost & Sullivan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products/services. Best events. Great working experience. Great co-workers. You can work remote in many cases.

Cons

Old-world management. Antiquated enterprise technology (lotus notes?). Overworked employees. Sub-par pay.

Advice to Management

Look at what successful companies are doing and try to copy. It does not seem like you will be able to come up with the answers yourself.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Remote, OR

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work as an analyst. Very fast paced and expectations are very high. If you expect someone to tell you what to do every day, this is not the place for you, but if you like to be self directed, explore new areas and ride the cutting edge of technology, this is where the action is. Compensation is competitive and the benefits are industry standard. I would definitely recommend Frost & Sullivan as a place to work...but the key word here is "work."

Cons

Can be a confusing place to work with so many people going so many directions. The company tries to keep up with people's desires for tools and training, but many of the things we do have no formal training available. Upper management seems to be playing catch up most of the time.

Advice to Management

Engage more with the analysts on the front line. Frost & Sullivan makes most of its revenue on analytical services...focusing on consulting is not something that resonates with the analysts, nor is it what they do.

Jul 25, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We agree that self-directed self-starters seem to do well in our environment. Training is a challenge that is on our radar and we are looking at ways to make... More

"Do your homework...."

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Frost & Sullivan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much...there are a few good people at Frost

Cons

Lack of Leadership, do not invest in employees, burn and churn, build relationships by making 100 calls a day, put unqualified individuals in mid management. The individuals that do well in sales have been there 10+ years.. There are a few good teams in Frost, but the majority are horrible. Just got 401k this year, for them to contribute the company must meet ridiculous numbers, so don't plan on getting any contribution from them. Insurance benchmarks are bad....Do your homework, interview current and former employees. The culture is very negative.

Advice to Management

Take what your trying to sell and implement it into your company...

Jul 25, 2016 – Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. One of the functions of the Business Development Executive role is to generate leads through making calls, we are up front about this with... More

"Sales"

Pros

flexible work hours, laid back management (except for event sales), pretty good pay, family type environment among-st coworkers

Cons

there is a bit of a high school feel here at times. there are people who definitely favorites but overall they try and keep everything pretty fair

"Think twice (maybe 3 times) about this place"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Frost & Sullivan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, really not many pros at all I can think of over my year working at this awful company, i chose to get out as soon as I could like a lot of people who work here. Very high turnover rate, they make no effort to retain any talent and don't fairly compensate their employees. In an, not a good experience. Avoid at all costs.

Cons

Everything else. Low pay, horrible benefits, even worse management. Their HR may do a decent job at trying to rebuke any claims here made about what an awful workplace and company this is, but I hope anyone considering potentially working here can see right through their excuses and bu||$h!t.

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to begin... Take a 2 week vacation, then quit.

May 5, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and the HR "shout out". We do a decent job regarding rebuking claims because we aim to focus on facts when pointing out inaccuracies in reviews. For example... More