Fruit of the Loom, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 17 Nov 2019

3.6
Fruit of the Loom, Inc. CEO Melissa Burgess-Taylor
Melissa Burgess-Taylor
Pros
  • "Good benefits, decent salary, only major corporate HQ in the area(in 17 reviews)

• "Great company with great benefits(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "You don't mean anything to the upper management(in 7 reviews)

• "Long hours, stress load is a lot and plays favorites instead of who does the job best(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place To Work, With Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Treasury in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interview process at Fruit of the Loom is one of the best I've experienced so far. Each person I dealt with was friendly and informative. I was impressed with how open and honest they were throughout the entire process, from phone interview to offer. There were minimum "cookie cutter" questions during both the phone and in person interview. I felt that the interview was truly directed toward the position and how... I would fit in it. The atmosphere at Fruit of the Loom is great. I felt the on-boarding process was quick and easy compared to other companies I've been with. Every team seems like their own family and the company truly strives to create a fun, positive and productive workplace. I absolutely love the "Dress For Your Day" policy. It allows everyone to dress to a comfort level that allows you to focus more on work. It seems that every week there is something fun going on, whether it be a food truck on campus, raffles, bracket tournaments, free apparel, etc. I look forward to spending many years with Fruit of the Loom!

Cons

No free underwear or sweatshirts for employees! :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue the progress of policies and benefits geared toward employees. Continue showing value and appreciation for your employees, because that is a rare find in the job market now. Fruit of the Loom is a great place to work!

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-05-01
  2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am so proud to be a part of this team! We have a group of talented, motivated and passionate individuals working hard and having fun doing it. The culture feels very familial and my team works very well together to achieve common goals. This is a great place to be whether you are just starting your career or if you are a seasoned professional.

Cons

It's a bit old school here and that has its challenges as things can move very slow.

Advice to Management

We need to shift from being reactive to being proactive in the marketplace. Some WFM flexibility would be nice, too.

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-09-26
  3. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

My boss has been amazing and a lot of face time with upper management.

Cons

Sometimes slow to initiate change

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-11-02
  4. "Great environment... until it's not"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits. Great networking opportunities such as Young Professionals Program, Toastmasters International, and annual corporate events. Depending on the department you'll likely have an excellent work culture that builds you up and supports you with plenty of resources for learning.

Cons

Notorious for "purging employees" on a regular basis. Difficult to feel like your job is secure. Better management would certainly reduce the amount of hiring/firing being done. Not a lot of accountability for management and the lower level employees suffer. Typical office politics. Also, no hope for WFH.

Advice to Management

Consider WFH for some positions. Even if it's just 1 day a week or a specific number of days (10 days a year even)

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-11-06
  5. "High turnover rates"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits. Weekends off. Walking paths.

Cons

Huge layoffs every year after Christmas. You never knew if it was your departments turn to hemorrhage people. Constant fear of being fired for no reason was stressful. Awful people in high positions who were terrified of losing their jobs which made them happy to throw others under the bus. Never felt like a team. No cohesive message. Forced retirements.

Advice to Management

None. They know what its like there.

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-11-17
  6. "Thankful to be part of a team that appreciates all levels of employees."

Current Employee - Sourcing Analyst

I have been working at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours available. Competitive benefits, including paid vacation, health coverage available, retirement planning available, employee discounts and many more. Open communication and clear expectations from management. Continued education available and encouraged for all employees.

Cons

All employees are measured against manager's goals specific to their department. I wish there were an easily accessible employee directory by department.

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-09-25
  7. "Good place to work with nice people"

Current Employee - Marketing in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've enjoyed everyone I've met here.

Cons

Things tend to take a while to get started and worked through.

Advice to Management

Try to be more agile..

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-09-24

"Employees are just a number to them."

Former Employee - Technical Support in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Health Benefits For Employees.

Cons

They do not care for their employees. They're just a number to them to cut to make budget instead of improving the company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as if they were an asset not like a number on a spreadsheet.

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-09-24

"Okay company"

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent money, static and stable work schedule, benefits, people within the company are generally nice, fairly typical professional office type work

Cons

Company has been going through some downsizing. I had done my job exactly as instructed to the best of my abilities, but due to financial losses out of my control my position was basically outsourced to save money. They did give a severance pay and a one month heads up before cutting me off, but still it left a bad taste in my mouth considering how much I tried to show my dedication and commitment to my job and the... company.

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-09-05

"A Changing Culture"

Current Employee - Salesforce Solution Manager in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Fruit of the Loom, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ability to work with latest tech

Cons

Low Income and Salary Culture Problems Employees Are Not Valued

Fruit of the Loom, Inc.2019-08-08