Frutarom Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 52 reviews

2.6
Frutarom CEO Ori Yehudai
Ori Yehudai
Pros
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor integration of companies they purchased through the years, causing high turnover and much confusion(in 5 reviews)

• "no raises no bonus's just unlimited pizza and crappy bbq to look forward to(in 4 reviews)

"Great Company. Very Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Frutarom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overcoming the challenges will make you stronger. Having to multitask and solve problems keeps your brain healthy and strong. Being mentored by your superiors into becoming professional and obtaining the skills to socially and independently entertain, coach, teach and guide new and current employees is an excitement. Full support from top to bottom. They care about employees who go above and beyond, like any... other company. You have to prove your worthiness to gain any promotional opportunity. Which in the end keeps the responsible, reliable, trustworthy, hardworking, etc. employees around. It is a shame to see these reviews off former employees or of current employees that only see things from one side. We did hit our target, so why do we deserve raises. We already get paid greatly for light work. I have shoveled sand gravel rocks cement chips in the brutal sun at 98 degrees for $10 an hour. At Frutarom you make much more than that an hour to basically make "Koolaid" with detailed instructions and plenty of support. Other departments are hotter than others but trust me I sweat and worked so much harder at the shoveling job in one day than I have the entire 2 years ive been with Frutarom. These bad reviews are from people who want to do the bare minimum but receive praise and compensation. Reminds me of "Participation Trophies. Hard work pays off. Thats a fact. Slackers complain while fighters achieve. We all need to learn this the sooner the better. Everyday you should challenge yourself to being better than the day before. And learn something new everyday. Become "asset-able" and you will be rewarded. I praise this company everyday for giving me a opportunity to prove myself. I will be successful and I know the company will support me in doing so. Thank you Frutarom, keep doing what you already are and know that there are employees here that fully support you. Best wishes.

Cons

None. This is a Great exciting company. Well we could get a vending machine and possibly a basket ball hoop for lunch breaks during the summer.

Advice to Management

Keep me around. You wont regret it. Find more employees like me. Get rid of the slackers. If they are below standard. Get them out. Keep praising those who go above and beyond as usual.

Frutarom2017-01-17

"Makes sense why the company is being closed."

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Frutarom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, relaxed atmosphere, great outplacement and severance package

Cons

Not terribly competent office staff.

Advice to Management

None. IFF did the right thing in shutting down the company

Frutarom2019-10-02
  3. "Feelings of latent stress/frustration abound"

Former Employee - QC Lab Technician

I worked at Frutarom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good coworkers to work with, interesting and engaging field, lots to learn, never slow. Flavor manufacturing teaches you a lot about food science and biochemistry, and it is an engaging and interesting field. Makes many products that are used in many popular foods.

Cons

Low morale, below average pay compared to other flavor manufacturing companies, punishment for making mistakes is high, high frustration between coworkers versus upper management, high stress. If you are a temp-to-hire they do NOT follow promises to hire you on, despite saying you are doing great. Everyone frequently expressed frustration and unhappiness over miscommunication, inefficiency, stress levels, and... pay rates. The warehouse was unkempt, and products were hard to locate for testing, resulting in lots of wasted time looking for containers that don't exist, and management refused to set aside time to clean up the warehouse and take stock. There were many ways that the warehouse or production could be improved, and therefore streamline production and workflow, but they were stymied by not being willing to take the time to do it as that would mean less money in the short term. Personalities and priorities between levels of management did not match. There was always high levels of latent, ambient stress being felt in the laboratory. Supervisors were not present to oversee lab functions often but always prioritized speed which caused errors.

Frutarom2019-09-06
  4. "Play your cards right and you'll climb the ladder if not..."

Former Employee - Chemical Operator in Corona, CA

I worked at Frutarom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Somewhat laid back environment, but needs more structure.

Cons

Be careful if you gain any position above another jealousy is awry

Advice to Management

Need to keep employees in check, dont play favorites

Frutarom2019-08-23

"Poormanagement, poor integration and few raises"

Former Employee - Other in Cincinnati, IA

I worked at Frutarom full-time

Pros

Fast paced company. More change will happen in near future with IFF merger.

Cons

Difficult to get a raise. Hostile management from the top down. Poor integration of companies they purchased through the years, causing high turnover and much confusion. Lots of back stabbing among some groups. Trust no one.

Advice to Management

2020 will see many changes in the USA site and teams. I did have to laugh at one review regarding the CEO's napoleonic tendency. I'm afraid it is true. In 2009 when the economy tanked, most groups throught the globe took a week without pay or worked 4 day weeks (with 4 days pay) while the CEO took home a $900k bonus for all the money he saved the company. That is not a team player. Since IFF clearly overpaid... for Frutarom, I think massive cuts and shut downs will happen over the next few years.

Frutarom2019-08-19
  6. "Goood"

Current Employee - Shipping in Queensbury, NY

I have been working at Frutarom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay good management a lot of vacation

Cons

Nothing everything is good and chill

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Frutarom2019-02-12
  7. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Frutarom

Pros

Great group of people, like a family enviroment

Cons

Some of the people there are back stabbers

Advice to Management

Not to play into all of the drama

Frutarom2018-08-06
  8. "Quality"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Toccoa, GA

I have been working at Frutarom full-time

Pros

Good insurance plan and benefits

Cons

Large turnover. Not having right resources to do job. No raises.

Frutarom2018-05-11
  9. "Lab"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Frutarom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good company to work for with many opportunities for advancement, a supportive senior management and HR department. Demanding but you learn a lot. Sorry, they closed our site.

Cons

Not much on this side of things

Frutarom2018-04-15
  10. "Good Managers"

Current Employee - Production Department in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Frutarom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Frutarom is a very good company and anyone writing a negative review about the company is typically a slacker who doesn't want to work hard or obey the rules of the company. I saw some negatives about HR and I do not agree. Both HR ladies work really hard and always support the employees. I was supported when I had a death in my family, flowers and other ways. Its sad when you have lazy workers and they make... the company not good.

Cons

I wish we need more training on Oracle.

Frutarom2018-01-22