Fuddruckers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Chris Pappas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • fun place to work but got to work in a fast paced (in 6 reviews)

• It was a fun place to work at with flexible hours and competitive pay for the quality and quantity of work done (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • 55 when minimum wage went up in Maryland (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management not realistic with expectations (in 5 reviews)

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, Great People, Amazing Leadership! They have a great business plan, Core Values, Stairway to Burger Heaven. If you get on board and follow their plan as well as add your contribution, you can't help but succeed!

Cons

I haven't found the Cons yet...

Advice to Management

FCCPPST

"Fast paced job"

Former Employee - Guest Service Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Guest Service Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Fuddruckers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can get free/discounted meals, which is nice. We sometimes had to deliver meals to guests, but often they arrive at expo and take their own meals.

Cons

May need to stay later than expected shift ending depending on how busy the restaurant is, and guests can be messy, but that happens at every restaurant.

Advice to Management

None

"My Fudds Experience"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pro: I like and respect my superiors on the Fuddruckers. The Fuddruckers side of the company is led by Luke Mandola and his enthusiasm is infectious. Area Leaders are also top notch. During the transition period after Fuddruckers was integrated into Lubys, this was not the case. As the brands split and Fuddruckers leadership changed, the company became a much better place to work.

Pro: The company had my back last year when my family had a life altering event happen. I was loyal before then and I will continue repaying that loyalty for years to come. I have too many friends who tell me horror stories about the jobs they have and to know that the company you work for will support you when they aren't asked to (and didn't have to), means a lot.

Pro: $150 meal card. My little son absolutely LOVES Lubys and that meal card pays for his addiction :)

Pro: Probably the biggest Pro for working at Fuddruckers compared to other concepts is the work/Life balance. I see my family. I have plenty of friends who work in the industry and who complain about not seeing theirs. Their family life is sad and that is a huge reason Fuddruckers is a Great place to work.

Cons

Con: Fuddruckers is still treated as Lubys little brother on far too many occasions.

Con: Too many Assistant Manager's make more than longer term GM's. When GM's aren't getting bonuses, that pay gap becomes a gripe that is often heard among GM's.

Con: Assistants aren't given enough incentives. There are too many companies trying to poach away our good talent. Some sort or bonus structure would help.

Advice to Management

1) Hire a new Chef (or scrap a company chef altogether). Too many of the ideas and recipes the company is coming up with are boring. We are FUDDRUCKERS, the World's Greatest Hamburger! We need to act like it! Far too often I go to other burger restaurants and wonder why they are so much more creative than we are. We have zero excuse. So my advice to management, give the stores some freedom with one burger. Let each area or store come up with their own burger. I know that there will be a competition coming up soon, but don't just have one winner. Each area's winning burger should be added to that area's menu board. Let creativity help build loyalty.

Too many coupons are being offered. We are devaluing our "premium" product by offering so many coupons. I understand the reasoning behind them (to drive sales and increase foot traffic through our doors), but is one very busy day worth losing guests the rest of the week. The company has essentially trained our guests to wait for coupons. Guest's acknowledge this frequently. Our Premium burger is also devalued in our guest's eyes. Why would they pay $20 plus dollars for two combos, when they can wait a day and pay $10.00? Low beef prices led to the coupons, but it's a rabbit hole that's hard to climb out of. What happens when beef prices rise? Why is that a con? Because I honestly fear the repercussions that a loss in sales brings and the long term stability of the company.

4. "Not worth it"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Houston, TX

I worked at Fuddruckers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free meal per shift for managers, not too challenging

Cons

upper management does not listen, gm's pawn ALL of their work on shift leaders, lack of appreciation shown throughout company, do not value students working their way through school as it takes away from their availability, even if part-time

Advice to Management

Step up and listen to your team. Show appreciation.

"line cook"

Former Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Erie, PA

I worked at Fuddruckers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything is great honestly foodwise to customer satisfication

Cons

Not enough boss man communication ,

Advice to Management

Keep it up

6. "Very active position, always on your feet working and overseeing operations."

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great experience builder.
    Managers are usually young so you can always feel comfortable with your peers.
    Pay I guess
    Free food

Cons

Hard to find employees
    No advertising other then in house
    Company doesn't want to pay their leaders. They only want to watch their own pockets get bigger.
    Company is very strict with labor, leaving the management team to run most all positions themselves.
    Company has such high standards, and when you aren't able to reach the goals they are quick to place the blame instead of helping create solutions.
    When a solution is made to better the store the company is always quick to shut the idea down due to labor cost.

Advice to Management

Run! The only real benefit here is the pay. If you are a manager here you will a legitimate team member, who is required to work every position on a daily basis. Then required to do all of the manager duties on the job description. This job is not a normal management job it's a very active role. If you aren't an active person do not apply, the team members need a real leader who will work side by side with them. If you are not an active person the team will find a way to weed you out. With the labor situation the team is usually run very thin, so if they see a "lazy manager" they will not be tolerant of you.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clear Direction - Company leadership is inspiring

Cons

Manager Bonus not as lucrative as past years

Advice to Management

Keep the course!

"Awesome!!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One weekend off a month.

Cons

Sometimes you get hit.. but good team work gets you through.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job!!

"shift leader"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very fair treatment from the management. easy work if your willing to do it. fair based pay.

Cons

customers can be difficult at times

Advice to Management

keep it simple

"Newark"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I have been working at Fuddruckers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management works with my scheduling needs.

Cons

It can get hectic from time to time with surprise business.