Fujitsu Reviews in Lisbon, Portugal | Glassdoor

Fujitsu Lisbon Reviews

Updated February 20, 2017

Lisbon, Portugal Area (Portugal)

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fujitsu Representative Director President Tatsuya Tanaka
Tatsuya Tanaka

1. "Service desk agents"

Current Employee - Service Desk Agent in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Service Desk Agent in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment
    Corporate culture of internal promotions
    Very fair salary

Cons

Human resources department could do better and faster recruitment
    Managers too busy to understand some things which could be improved
    Integration process sometimes chaotic, because of everyone "too busy"

Advice to Management

Stop and rethink things, you have all it takes

Oct 31, 2016 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for recommending us to others and for taking the time to leave this positive review! At Fujitsu we strive to offer the best environment possible to our employees and therefore value your ... More

2. "Red tape all over the place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time

Pros

Salary is above the average.
    Good work/life balance.

Cons

Red tape all over the place.
    They want you to be honest, they value sincerity. When the time comes for you to say what you think, to provide feedback, you are judged based on your opinion. Be prepared to hear a lot of, "talk to your manager", "you can approach HR", etc. When you provide your feedback you will be put aside and viewed as a blocker/problem maker.
    Thanks to this, people talk a lot among themselves about what they think but never reach out to their managers, or any hierarchy about what they think.

Internal progression based more on your ability to sell yourself, rather than performance, ability to execute, evidences. Problem is, people sell themselves and no questions asked.
    Perception is king!

No bonus pay for any role above Agent.

Company grew a lot in the recent years, support structures failed to keep up with it.

Very hard to park in the area, unless you come in to work real early in the morning.

Advice to Management

LISTEN (plain simple listening to what is being said and not what you interpret of what is being said) and ACT upon it.

Forget the anonymous surveys every year and all the actions and meetings to try to tackle the results from it... The above should clear out those issues. Once and for all.

3. "Wonderful people always trying to do better"

Former Employee - Service Desk Agent in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - Service Desk Agent in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will work with wonderful people in a fast paced environment. Everyone will be happy to help you and teach you if you are willing to learn.
    The company knows how to reward you and promote you if you have the right attitude.

Cons

Some people doing the same thing for a long time are not so positive and motivated as they could be, and that impacts their well being and their performance.

Advice to Management

Happy and motivated workers will make happy and grateful customers. I believe something can be done from top management to help workers to keep on dreaming. I believe a survey in order to now what may make people unhappy about their job could give valuable information, and guide in what actions to take.

Dec 6, 2016 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for your recommendation! We are happy to hear that you appreciate the environment we offer our employees and the possibilities we give them to grow. We know that together we can achieve ... More

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Problem Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Problem Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back, fair, responsible, values employees. We feel like we belong, it's a multicultural working place where you will connect with a lot of different people.
    If Fujitsu Portugal GDC you'll be valued by your work and not by your looks. If you are a valued member career progression will be available.

Cons

Sometimes you can have a hard time finding the required information for some burocratical work and you sometimes feel a lack of organisation depending your area.

Advice to Management

Some more organisation skills and some people managers would need more training

Oct 20, 2016 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for recommending us to others! We are happy to hear that you feel valued, working at Fujitsu. We will take your advice regarding the accessibility ... More

6. "IT Service Desk Agent"

Former Contractor - Service Desk Agent in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Contractor - Service Desk Agent in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Multicultural environment, good conditions of work and really good place to develop technical and customer services skills, good department of HR, good benefits, it's a good place to work but it depends the contract that you are in

Cons

Poor management along with bad selection of professionals regarding assessments and career opportunities, attention this depends allot from the service contract that you belong to. In other words there was no common thread, between the different teams.

Advice to Management

To many good professionals leaving the company because of the mentioned cons on my review.

7. "I love Fujitsu :)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fujitsu encouraged us to make things diferently in order to be more effective.

Cons

I work at Fujitsu about 30 years and sincerely I dont have nothing to say here! Fujitsu always care for all needs

Advice to Management

Keep always with Fujitsu mission & values in mind and passed to all for a real team!

Jul 11, 2016 – HR Country Lead

And we love you back :-) Thank you very much for your great recommendation and we look forward to having you on board for many more years to come.

8. "Fujitsu is a strong Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Pros

Global Company, with a long track record in the market
    Good Carreer opportunities
    Solid
    Strong ethical standards

Cons

Too many processes (bureaucracy)
    Tools for internal work not innovative
    Not much training actions for non-technical areas

Advice to Management

Be consistent on the decisions you take
    Listen people feedback and take actions more often
    Invest in training for everyone

Jul 7, 2016 – HR Country Lead

Thank you very much for your feedback and positive recommendation! Your feedback helps us to pro-actively engage with our employees and respond better to their needs. This year with the introduction ... More

"Less talk, more action"

Former Employee - ITIL Process Controller in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - ITIL Process Controller in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Fujitsu (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet some funky people.

Cons

You'll go places, if you like to lick management's boots, rather than doing a great job.

Advice to Management

Less talk, more action. Learn about ''real'' Management.

10. "Good place to grow, if you have the patience and a Manager"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Fujitsu as an intern (More than 8 years)

Pros

It may take a while to move up but it is worth it as it is a steady company; new roles offering new opportunities; internal training possibilities that really add value to your work and CV. If you have the chance to be in a good contract, relation between TM and team is very good (no closed doors, approachable honesty family feeling)

Cons

Management need to improve people skills and go back to being more flexible. HR has too strict rules that does not help people evolution (affecting contract results). Because it is growing so much, it is loosing the " one big family" feeling - under a period of change at the moment, let us see how it evolves.

Advice to Management

Check report results and analyse them alongside your teams pros & cons - a small change in role/responsibility can do wonders to overall productivity - different people have different skills - learn to recognize them and use the great resources the company have and help people develop - people who are recognized give more than 100% !

"Fujitsu Portugal-extremely bad business pratice"

Former Employee - SharePoint Support in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - SharePoint Support in Lisbon (Portugal)

Pros

Very nice place, people are nice.
    Low turn over due to the high unemployment rate.

Cons

HR unable to provide clear and concise answers.
    Low turn over due to the high unemployment rate.
    The contracts are never ready on the first day of work. Very bad practice, and quiet unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Get rid the nationals and start hiring people that have real business experience.

Showing 21 of 1,476 reviews