Fujitsu Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fujitsu Representative Director President Tatsuya Tanaka
Tatsuya Tanaka

Pros
Cons
  • Consulting job was fairly stressful on work-life balance (in 33 reviews)

• Transparency and honesty of the senior management communication exists only on the paper (in 42 reviews)

1. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Friendly and comfortable environment

Cons

No bad experience! Work stress at times but that's everywhere

Advice to Management

Management is great!

"Project Manager"

Current Contractor - IT Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Contractor - IT Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Fujitsu as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long Term Contracts, Employment Security, Location

Cons

Rates not Optimal
    Contact Frequency Low

Advice to Management

Consider total transparency on Contract rates versus Client charge rates.

"Should be called the SS Titanic"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people at the bottom of the chain are helpful. Some are complete jerks. Salaries about about average. Can't really think of any other pros to working here.

Cons

This place is an absolute disaster! They are a drowning company in a declining hardware market trying to stay relevant. Company leadership is the worst I have ever encountered in my 20 + year career. Bob Pryor is as political an operative as you will ever find. When he came in he brought in his "FOB's" (Friends of Bob) who, for the most part, are completely ineffective. Their culture is to beat you and beat you to try and suck more life out of you. The place is in shambles with very high turnover.

I used to wake up every morning dreading attending the call after call after call that Fujitsu spawns. I finally quit when it started to affect my health. I have since found another company in the Bay Area that is FANTASTIC to work for and has made me realize just how horrible FAI was. So glad I left FAI!

My advice to potential employees is to RUN AWAY from this company as fast as possible! Pick just about any other company out there and they will be better than FAI!

Advice to Management

Quit!

"Current high star reviews are written by HR members, dont believe the hype"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice Campus
    Easy to get to
    Cafe on campus
    Gym on campus
    People are some what friendly
    New culture is working hard to try and change minds

Cons

All decision making comes from japan so things are slow going
    Development cycles are long and tedious
    To much work gets sent to India
    Our work/code over the years needs to be repaired, not as sleek as it use to be
    Older work force does not want to change or accept the new methods, they become giant roadblocks
    A lot of the older managers do not understand what is going on around them
    Since the company is so flat there is no where to go

Advice to Management

To all the people reading these reviews first look at the items below, they are obviously written by members of the HR department, all perfect stars and glowing reviews. Also you will notice that HR is finally using Glassdoor, before they had a policy not to even acknowledge it but it appears that has changed and they are actively responding to posts and changing content.

To management, please don't try to white wash what is going on here at FNC. We had two big lay offs both within the last 3 years and our future is looking questionable. That needs to be addressed with employees, they need to know and understand just how things are laid out and that we are dependent on everyone doing their share to make us great again.

Fujitsu Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re working to expand our reach to past, present and future employees through active engagement in social platforms like Glassdoor. Reviewers may ... More

"Working at Fujitsu was a trial by fire."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Providence, RI

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a good opportunity to work in the banking business and have exposure with many departments. The we're many opportunities to improve the process and upgrade my skills.

Cons

There was very little guidance and the job goals were very unclear. Moral of the employees was low and people were laid off frequently . Very detached upper management and micro managing middle management.

Advice to Management

Work more closely with new employees. A little bit of guidance and direction would go a long way.

"Frustrating"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The rank and file is populated with many intelligent, hard working people.
    Significant progress being made to define program/project management guidelines.

Cons

Routinely sell projects with budgets and timelines that cannot be achieved.
    The matrix organization causes unhealthy competition for scarce resources.
    No investment in training and learning.
    Morale seems to be of concern to no one.

Advice to Management

Staff appropriately. Recruit proactively. Sell intelligently (based on genuine past experience).

"I love working at Fujitsu!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth; supportive of training and certifications; great collaborative environment; telecommuting allowed in most areas. The people that work here are the nicest and friendliest in the IT arena, which is far more valuable than any cons.

Cons

Get your money coming in, because annual raises are quite small.

Advice to Management

Sr. VP's values are a bit out of whack as they appear to be more concerned with themselves rather than caring about the company overall.

"Get Real"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When you are on a client facing project and your are performing well, they are a great company to work for. The project are fun and the non-management people are great to work with on any project.

Cons

They will pay you for every hour worked as long as it is not more than 40 hours a week. If you are a contractor for them, then you get paid for every hour worked. This was a failed management trick to save money and screw the employee!

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your valued employees in all areas of the business like you do you contractors.

"Very Disappointed"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hours are flexible, a lot of good people, good products

Cons

Very low employee morale. Constance change at the exeuctive level. Salary for positions are below the average for the area. Processes vary by business unit. Products even though good are to costly. No employee activities. Executives get bounses even though the company is not profitable.

Advice to Management

Focus on what you do good, quite trying to go after the hot tickets (Cloud) that you're not good at. Needs stability to create a company structure and growth...

"Better stay away - lot of politics, no challenging work, overall very poor place to work."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Richardson, TX

Pros

-Has okay benefits.

-Holidays and vacations were good.

Cons

-Extremely bad employee moral.

-Lots of management here that's been here for decades (some of them a Quarter-century) and most are incompotent or clueless.

-Horrible place for younger workers due to non-promotion of internal qualified candidates in favor of nepotism (which is rampant).

-The most toxic work culture I've ever seen (turf wars, intimidation, widespread anger and frustration, bully style management who hire scapegoats, dysfunctional meetings, completely incompetent HR staff).

-Overall this place is just awful and I would recommend you look elsewhere (especially if you are young).

Advice to Management

This company does have the technology and key employees to make it an outstanding company, senior management and director levels are the issue. The company ran much better many years ago prior to the so-called leadership what is in place now.