Fujitsu Reviews | Glassdoor

Fujitsu Representative Director President Tatsuya Tanaka
Tatsuya Tanaka

1,627 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Consulting job was fairly stressful on work-life balance (in 33 reviews)

• Transparency and honesty of the senior management communication exists only on the paper (in 40 reviews)

"Some managers are great but their payroll and A/P people do not care about employees"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Depending on where you are working you may get a great manager that will take an interest in you.

Cons

They were late on a couple of my paychecks (like 1.5 months late). They killed all work in the Chicago area which means you travel or get fired. The accounts payable people and payroll people do not care about handling problems in a quick way. (It took me 4 months and threatening a lawsuit to get money back from them for expenses that they "mistakenly direct deposited to the wrong account".)

Advice to Management

Make sure your people are paid.

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

If you want a place to coast until retirement you can join the other "living dead" that inhabit the place

Cons

Management focused only on bottom line, no resources, company unable to compete properly, lots of very senior people who do nothing just waiting to retire

Advice to Management

There is nio point in giving them advice as they have stated they do not care what employees think

"Look before you leap"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant. . . in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant. . . in Denver, CO

Pros

You can work in many areas..

Cons

Very rigid. Political environment and lot of backstabbing in the Denver office

Advice to Management

It is good that they changed the Senior management in Denver office. They messed up the whole thing.

"Fujitsu - Welcome to Bizzaro World"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

Pros

The paycheck is steady and the benefits are not too bad.

Cons

Management does not listen to employees' suggestions. Favoritism is pervassive, and 20% of the people do 80% of the work. Ignorant people are hired and promoted, whereas the hardest working people remain at the bottom. Management is very secretive or makes misleading statements. The entire process in which to accomplish things are done "ass-backwards". I have never seen anything run quite like this Company. I feel like I work in Bizzaro World where everything is upside down and backwards. I really could keep going, but I think I shall stop. I think you get the picture. The only way to make it in this Company is to be an ass kisser and never say anything to "rock the boat".

Advice to Management

My only advice to you is go back to school to learn how to be a human being.

"The WORST company I have ever had the misfortune of being associated with."

Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Seattle, WA

Pros

Pay was good. I was virtual, so I was flying all over the country, racking up frequent flyer miles and hotel points.

Cons

The bottom line is, the people there don't have a clue in how to run a business. I had zero support from my management. FC purchased Rapidigm, where I worked. I scheduled a 3 day weekend to take a short trip with my family. I made sure all my duties were being handled by a superior to me. Over the weekend, disaster struck and my boss told me it was all my fault. I explained that I had turned everything over to a fellow worked, who was senior to me. Turns out this guy lied and told my boss I hadn't turned over anything! I tried to explain to my boss that the superior had lied, but I wasn't believed and my boss didn't care. The next month the practice had a national meeting, and while my name wasn't mentioned, my boss used "MY" screwup as how the company was losing business, and how we can't have idiots working for us! I went to him afterwards in private, and asked him what exactly should I have done different? He said "Just do your f**ing job!" I told him I thought I was, but I could use some constructive feedback and guidance. He said I should know how to do my job, and he then walked away. This was all during the absorbtion of Rapidigm into Fujitsu Consulting. After this particular trip, I was then demoted, and then a few months later, laid off.

Advice to Management

Maybe THEY should do their job?!!

"Senior Leadership like VP's should be more experienced and open minded"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

If you have people of your caste and region in higher management, you are covered. If you belong to the caste of the existing VP, you are safe even if you don;t do anything.

Cons

Some of the leadership belong to Indian Culture and they tend to be bias in dealings and are more favourable to their caste or religion people.

Advice to Management

Senoir management should be above regional and religious discrimination.

"An Global BODY SHOP company with high billing rates and low job security"

Current Employee - Senior Oracle Technical Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Oracle Technical Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Very good Paralegal and HR Services....Competitive salary with the industry if your at senior level. They often give an 2 weeks notice to their bench employees.

Cons

Other than good paralegal and HR services this is an Worst company to join. They say tht they are competitors of IBM, EDS, Accenture, Deloitte but they can't find any good projects for months....simply to say its an "BODY SHOP" company like many Indian companies in New Jersey with an Global Name. All the senior level technical guys are Indians who just want high billing and promotions....they wn't care about employee job security and career. The standards are worst over here....Even if you have good recognition from the clients they can layoff... if your on bench for over 3months. They can't find any project nor unable to bodyshop coz of there high rates ($100 per hr) If your got any project with lesser rate they will simply reject it....Its better to join an 85:15 company if are able to get your own projects. This happens to be biggest mistake I ever made in my life joining this BODY SHOP Global company. Please think twice before you join this company. Its an humble advice.

Advice to Management

Better cleanup your higher management and AE who are unable to get any projects/business. Kindly avoid "BODY SHOP" this is an global company not an 85:15 New Jersey company. Give employee's more job security.

"Should be called Fujitsu Insulting"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Compensation in terms of pay, bonus and benefits is comparable to other similar companies.

Cons

There are no opportunites for career development at this company. They would rather dump you and hire a new body with the skills they want rather than develop new skills in existing employees.

Advice to Management

Since managers get their positions by tending to their superiors backsides, they only tend to promote underlings that take care of their own backside rather than promoting individuals based on skill or ability. This leads to managers who are ineffective at managing a consulting company and a lack of growth opportunity for skilled individuals.

"Fujitsu Consulting is unable to stop the bleeding."

Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate Practice Director in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You will receive a paycheck.

Cons

Managers in this organization have historically prompted subordinates to cater to the needs of a supervisor’s career in deference to their own ambition. The management team is filled with people who lack effectiveness in managing and leading the consultancy to achieve greatness. Promotions are doled out to people unqualified for positions but have proven themselves to aid in career development of their superiors. Loyalty is a one way street.

Fujitsu talks about Macroscope as a standard methodology but the consultancy has no idea how to implement or manage the process. Macroscope is not pervasive in the corporate approach. It is used as a carrot to entice clients to purchase services.

There is no vision at the senior levels and is born out by the number of times strategy and focus has shifted in two years. At this date, the management is once again creating vision and mission statements that should have been set two years ago when the acquisitions began.

Fujitsu has not been able to garner support from the sales team as witnessed by the loss of market share during the past two years. Practice managers and consultants are expected to seek out and sell engagements to clients. If the bill rate for any service drops below $100/hour then the business is rejected. Fujitsu's interest is in driving bill rates up and not in providing excellence in delivery. The culture covets the sale and not the delivery of excellence.

Executive management is disinterested in leaving their offices to see for themselves what is happening in the field. They rely on the reports of managers who only wish to save their own skin by blaming poor revenue growth on their subordinates. It is interesting that this is accepted by the executive branch. When will they realize that all the transformational leaders have been eliminated by functionaries who only want to climb the corporate ladder?

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to what is happening below you. Question why a person with one year of consulting experience and no direct training has been named operations director. Question why some very capable people have been "laid off". The answers are clear and simple. It is time for senior management to clean the middle management house of people more adept in politics than in leading people to achieve personal greatness. It is through the success of the consultancy that Fujitus will attain corporate health. If the consutants are not successful then the company is not. Loyalty and sevice is a two way street. Practice management needs to serve their consultants and clients better. Practice managers need to answer their phones... no matter who is on the other end. The idea that if the caller is a consultant then she/he is not important is eronneous.

In short, stop trusting people who have managed to shrink a cash cow. There is too much selfish motivation and not enough team motivation. This is as much advice as I am willing to give for free.

"Fujitsu Conslting - Not a Good Company to Work at all"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Edison, NJ

Pros

looks like large company in think

Cons

Marketing is not good, Sales are poor, management is even poor.Nobody cares what is happening with Consultants working for them.They leave alone existing employees look for new.No career growth,no communication between consultants,managers,practice managers

Advice to Management

Consider the actual consultants who feed the company with dollers

Showing 1,627 of 1,709 reviews