Fujitsu Reviews | Glassdoor

Tatsuya Tanaka

1,894 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Consulting job was fairly stressful on work-life balance (in 35 reviews)

• Transparency and honesty of the senior management communication exists only on the paper (in 43 reviews)

1. "Senior analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good place to start a career.
    Interesting travel opportunities.
    Job security if you are the right fit

Cons

Delayed or cancelled raises and bonuses.
    Constant reorgs.
    Promoting improved internal processes seen as subversive.
    High risk of being fired when on the bench.
    No training on Macroscope for new employees

Advice to Management

Stop considering employees as disposable resources

2. "SDM"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefit scheme
    Work Life Balance

Cons

Lower Salary than competitors
    Culture can make process get in the way of what is important

Advice to Management

Bring the salary up to the comparative salary to competitors

3. "Good company to work with"

I have been working at Fujitsu (Less than a year)

Pros

Good projects to work with

Cons

Frequent travel which doesn't give a consistent location

"Worst Company i have ever worked with"

Former Employee - Finance Director
    Former Employee - Finance Director

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with Fujitsu as a Cluster Finance director started last year and left the company in less than a year, there is no Pros Fujitsu has as a business which makes it remarkable or extinctive work place and comparable to the sum of horrible things I have seen

Cons

i will write honestly from what i saw as i had to leave the company last summer after working for almost a year with them as Finance Director.
    as they say Finance is the mirror of every Business.

Fujitsu EMEIA has weak management and suffers from so many internal and systems issues, you cant find words to describe the turbulence, infighting, changes in decisions, so many systems and power positions with different views, management has no clear vision and no experience at all, they care about how to get their salaries end of the month and fight at year end for their bonuses after firing their teams members, each country acts differently and independently.

I was shocked when I attended the first region controlling meeting at UK office Baker St.22 with how much Fujitsu lags behind new business models and modern systems and knowledge, the problem is that in merger between Fujitsu Technology Solutions-Germany and Fujitsu Services -UK in one company the leadership assigned internally in UK has no knowledge of Products business which is totally different , ( there is famous organizational rule says "beneath surface changes old power structure remains and the old structure is added to the old one like a house with additions, things get confusing and no one knows what to do".
    company management has no clue of how to run a multiregional activities and showed no interest in remote regions in general , in Middle east Turkey and India management is in deep corruption and misconduct , overall you feel managers at Fujitsu either run business and manage teams fire and hire as if its their own company ?
    legal problems I have seen everywhere and issues of misconduct is huge at Fujitsu, really in deep trouble, paying bribes to third party through their resources vendors to win deals and they never get these projects delivered and late dues and legal issues start cumulating.
    So many people are on the bench, EMEIA puts hidden headcounts in remote regions to exclude them from transformation plan in Europe, eventually who loses his job in Fujitsu are those real professional and hard working people I met within the company.
    So many ERP systems in Fujitsu they spent 3+ years to decide which ERP they want to go with eventually they will fail to implement any in current chaos.

Internal audit In Germany is weak, they even visited my Cluster before I joined the company and put so many trivial points without noticing that some companies in the cluster has no ERP and issuing sales invoices manually ??.
    they didn't notice that some companies are joint ventures to facilitate local businesses in illegal way ?

When I tried to implement new system the management objected and constrained the whole project.
    they refused to assign new procurement managers because they are paying high resources costs to third party vendors while Fujitsu resources are enjoying their time at home ? saying we don't have budget despite they hired enormous headcounts in HR and service delivery without having projects ?

in terms of work life balance its the most horrible place i have ever seen, they don't respect their employees time and days off, due to pattern of chaos everything is Urgent, the recent survey done internally showed revealed shocking outcome of employees engagement and enablement, some senior managers had been hit by chairs.

I always wondered why good productive and valuable people left this company in the past until I discovered all these issues after 6 months from joining .
     "i don't recommend Fujitsu as my personal advice before anyone gets himself embroiled with this bad handicapped business, please think of another opportunity - don't ever believe this is an international business, its laterally a Grocery run by Bunch ......... "not everything shines is Gold"

Advice to Management

My Advice goes to Fujitsu JAPAN who are still sleeping and Oblivion.... if you want to make a good company transformation to bring Fujitsu Global to competitive position like old ICL and old Fujitsu-Siemens , fire EMEIA top management Fire all your management everywhere, bring new blood, new professional leaders, real entrepreneurs , so many are their in other ICT global players.

5. "Very Professional"

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time

Pros

Employees are approachable, professional, and fun environment.

Cons

Very strict, but not actually a downside.

6. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Applications Developer
    Current Employee - Applications Developer

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time

Pros

Good place to work with

Cons

Total number of annual leaves

Advice to Management

No advise to top management

7. "Nice and fair environment"

Current Employee - GL Team Leader in Piotrków Trybunalski (Poland)
    Current Employee - GL Team Leader in Piotrków Trybunalski (Poland)

Pros

Many. Good development path, fair compensation, international enviroent, nice location and building , wide scopes, many domains, growing fast, good knowledge

Cons

Some times important decisions take lot of time. No parking places. No good connection for public transport. Generally nice place

Advice to Management

Don t change

Dec 15, 2017 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for your review and positive recommendation. We are very glad to hear that you think we offer good compensation and good development paths. It is also good to hear that you think we have a... More

8. "good company to work with"

Current Employee - SAP Mm Functional Consultant in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - SAP Mm Functional Consultant in Noida (India)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible in hours , good onsite opportunities

Cons

less projects for experience in sap

Advice to Management

get more projects

Dec 15, 2017 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for your review and positive recommendation. We are glad to hear that you value our flexibility and onsite opportunities. We would like to encourage you to discuss your comments about... More

9. "Senior IT engineer"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Kazan (Russia)
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Kazan (Russia)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good chance to get an experience to work with customers.

Cons

Poor quality resource management. Demotivating engineers of poor Russian-style management

Advice to Management

change management to non-Russian, independent from internal traditions

Dec 15, 2017 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you think we offer a good chance to get experience in working with customers. However, we are sorry to hear that you are not always satisfied with... More

10. "Work life balance"

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time

Pros

Flexibility in work timings
    Lots of training available

Cons

lagging in technology
    Compensation and benefits needs to be revisited

Dec 7, 2017 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for leaving your review. It is good to hear that you value our flexible working hours and that you think we have lots of training available. However, we are sorry that you are not... More

Showing 1,894 of 1,999 reviews