Fujitsu Reviews | Glassdoor

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated September 21, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Consulting job was fairly stressful on work-life balance (in 35 reviews)

• Transparency and honesty of the senior management communication exists only on the paper (in 43 reviews)

"sales - Anonymous Employee"

Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Pay, good 401k plan, reasonable holiday hours

Cons

only selected group of managers who’ve spent their entire life working in this company acts as a block against any attempt to bring innovation to the organization. Newcomers at any level are viewed with suspicion and any idea they bring with them from the outside is treated with a mixture of fear and contempt. I was accused of providing wrong data based on their own manual but because of the relationship with the big manager and old people who screwed up the manual and commutations processes, there was extra work to prevent mysef from getting fired. In the end, they all realized they were incorrect but came up with some lame excuse. I dont expect an apology from big bosses but really? I wish all the big manager would have behaved in a professional manner, not personal. Just because you like someone does not mean everything they do is right.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to seriously look into this culture , and replaces MANY old guard with new, professional management if this company is to succeed in the long run.

"System Architect"

Pros

Co-workers are experienced, intelligent, friendly, innovative and helpful. The work is challenging, changes everyday, and there is never a dull moment. It was a great environment to learn new technologies and expand exposure to technology platforms.

Cons

Turn over felt high as employees were burning themselves out due to the long hours and complex technical challenges. Personal lives were almost nonexistent as headcount continued to decrease.

Advice to Management

Staff appropriately, provide more communication regarding strategic plans and how gaps will be filled or overcome. Protect your people assets by implementing process, coverage and automation.

Aug 30, 2016 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for leaving your review, we really appreciate it! We are happy to hear you enjoyed working alongside your coworkers and that Fujitsu offered a great learning environment for you. Thank you... More

3. "help desk"

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor

Pros

Its a job, nothing really great.

Cons

this company hires a lot on contractors, no real advancement or benefits from this company when your a contractor.

"IT review"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Friendly co-workers. There are many processes that you can learn.

Cons

Fujitsu America outsourced the IT team in Sunnyvale to offshore. The entire IT team was laid off in one day. The technologies are old as there is no budget to keep up with the upgrades.

Advice to Management

send employees for training that are relevant to their work.

Aug 2, 2016 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for your review, good to read that you valued your co-workers and had the opportunity to learn a variety of processes within the given environment. Regarding the offshoring of the IT... More

5. "contract"

Pros

good team. good office location

Cons

culture is not american. it is Japanese

"Physical Design"

Former Employee - Principal Physical Design Engineer in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Former Employee - Principal Physical Design Engineer in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I worked at Fujitsu (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Extraordinary bunch of knowledgeable and helpful colleagues.

Cons

Tendency is to micro-manage. Workplace had many inefficiencies that were difficult to change

"Very Short Term"

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor

Pros

Good people, interesting technology. Unfortunately didn't really have a chance to do the job I was hired to do.

Cons

They brought me in on a six month contract-to-hire basis but laid me off after less than 3 months. Not sure why they even bothered hiring me, as they obviously knew major staffing cuts were coming. Feels like I was used as a pawn in a headcount game.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic in your hiring. Bringing someone in just to preserve a head count in an upcoming layoff is not a nice thing to do.

"Electrical Engineer"

Pros

Large company very focused on innovation, lots of bright engineers with long experience and deep knowledge of their field. Engineers are granted a lot of autonomy.

Cons

Like many other multinational players in the IT infrastructure industry, the company tries to surf on the last buzz and generally does not succeed in generating cutting edge products. The byzantine higher management is probably partly responsible for that.

Advice to Management

The board should select VPs based on actual successes rather than years of loyalty to the company. Cross functional teams communications should be increased, especially between product marketing and engineering.

Jul 18, 2016 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for your feedback. As a large, global company we’d like to think that we enable all our colleagues to communicate freely with one and other, offering a wide range of tools. Your feedbacks... More

"Has been a nice place to work"

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time

Pros

Nice benefits. The amount of time off is very hard to find anywhere else. The medical insurance is decent but expensive.

Cons

Middle and upper management are fairly disconnected. Continual layoffs. Low morale. Company is not performing well.

Advice to Management

Instead of thinking that the employees are the problem you should entertain the idea that it is management that is the problem.

10. "IT Specialist"

Former Contractor - IT Analyst in McAllen, TX
    Former Contractor - IT Analyst in McAllen, TX

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment good pay

Cons

It was a temporary project

Showing 583 of 1,888 reviews