Fujitsu Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Tatsuya Tanaka
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Consulting job was fairly stressful on work-life balance (in 35 reviews)

• Transparency and honesty of the senior management communication exists only on the paper (in 43 reviews)

"Brilliant place to grow your career!"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for career growth and the people there are GREAT! This is a GREAT place to work.

Cons

so many processes and bureaucracy. Doing an expense report takes FOREVER. For a technology company, they do not empower their employees with great technology.....

Advice to Management

Build a system to support 1)Mastery 2)Autonomy 3)Purpose. We have OLD technology internally and look silly trying to sell cutting age next generation software, hardware and services when we have OLD clunky laptops, our network is slower than Christmas and we use a way of connecting to a VPN that was established in the 90's. Get with the program! invest in the company making systems more efficient. I spend more time on expense reports than it is worth.... this should be simple.

Fujitsu Response

May 11, 2017 – HR Country Lead

Thank you for your positive recommendation. It is good to hear that you are happy with your colleagues and the career opportunities we offer. As you know we are always keen on improving our processes... More

2. "They treated me very generously and humanly"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work was interesting, pay was good and Most Important my managers were above average and had a heart beating in their chest.

Cons

they don't do enough work in contracting in my area

Advice to Management

Thank you for valuing my intelligence and contributions.

"Entry Level Position That Leads Nowhere"

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Springfield, VA

Pros

Being in the field you are not locked inside a building. I enjoy working at the customer's site, retail, and building a relationship with the store's manager. The other techs in the area are helpful when needed. The company has its own National Tech Support which is beneficial when coming across an unusual problem. The strength of the company is the worker bee's, the one who actually are doing the work to ensure the company survives. Benefits are average.

Cons

Too much management in comparison to actual workers. Field Managers do not manage employees; they manage reports. Management cares about making the 'numbers' look better. Unfortunately many times these better numbers translate into lower profits. The pay structure is out of whack. Older employees make about 50% more than employees hired in the past 5 years. Some techs make twice the pay and do less than 1/2 the work. Low level managers make 3-4 times what the new employees make. In the 4 years I've been here there have been 3 periods of layoffs. The company is shrinking in size yearly. Very little communication from the current manager and essentially no praise when going out the way to please a customer.

Advice to Management

Cut back on middle/upper management or at least replace them. The company is going downhill with them. Create an environment where employees will offer suggestions to help make Fujitsu what it should be. Evaluate the pay structure so that it is fair to everyone. Phase it in over a period of years so that everyone will know where they'll be at that point.

Showing 3 of 1,997 reviews