Fulton Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Fulton Financial Reviews

Updated August 29, 2017

Fulton Financial Chairman, President, and CEO R. Scott Smith Jr.
R. Scott Smith Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Misleading Position"

Former Employee - Service Representative
    Former Employee - Service Representative

I worked at Fulton Financial full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, coworkers and managers are very supportive. Credit card promotions are almost always going on, so there's incentive to selling them. Plus there's often free food or food trucks around, so you'll never go hungry!

Cons

It wasn't stressed enough during the interview process that it was mandatory to try to sell a product or service every phone call (even to irritable customers). It also wasn't stressed that we had to sell 6 credit cards per month and 6 services. I never wanted to work in sales and I always felt like we were pitted against each other and unfairly compared to reps who had been there years. Also, training focused too much on procedures and rarely on policies. When it came time to actually perform the job, I ended up doing things I shouldn't have because it was never explained to me. Many (but definitely not all) employees in other departments are quite incompetent, and we're responsible to clean up their messes and take the blame from customers. The CEO and some areas of management (outside the dept) have a reputation of acting like they should get preferential treatment. Finally, there's promise of upward mobility, but you must meet a 4 out of 5 on all parts of your evaluation (including sales) for 6 months straight to even qualify to leave the department.

Advice to Management

Stress more that this is a service AND sales position. Also, give us a way to report other employees' errors (which are sometimes huge) without feeling like we're tattling.

2. "Not a great place to work"

I worked at Fulton Financial full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Nice people to work with.

Cons

technology is far behind where it should be. Managers are not supportive. Raises are small.

Advice to Management

Senior management should be more present and visit with the employees once in a while, so they can get to know the people who are working hard for them.

3. "Could be better"

Former Intern - Accounting in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Accounting in Washington, DC

I worked at Fulton Financial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and was able to combine it with school work comfortably. My immediate supervisor was understanding when it came that I had school responsibilities

Cons

Lack of diversity in my department, and from what I could see in the company asa whole
    Monotonous work
    No clear structure as to what I was supposed to do, it seemed like they just kept adding tasks that others didn't want to do to me

"Just OK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

Some nice people work there.

Cons

So glad I moved on. Very little chance for advancement. IT systems really need to be brought into the modern era. Pay is very low. 401k company match doesn't start until 1 year of service is completed. Management seems to be confused as to what direction they want to take the bank. Complacency amongst many employees. Bank is somewhat stuck in the past. I am not sure Fulton would still be around if Susquehanna Bank had not been bought out by BB&T.

Advice to Management

The bank is surviving on its local 100 year + reputation alone, which has very little to do with those currently in management. Need to bring in some bankers with more worldly experience to take the bank to the next level to compete better. This won't happen with current management, you seem overwhelmed and out of ideas. Actually take to heart and act on the employee engagement surveys.

5. "Loan Accounting Specialist"

Current Employee - Loan Reconciliation Accounting in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Loan Reconciliation Accounting in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Fulton Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Monday- Friday 8:00 to 4:30, good life/work balance. Co-workers are great!

Cons

Pay! The pay is not worth the tedious work involved. Feel stuck in that job position

Advice to Management

Listen more to the bottom employees so that real change can be made

6. "Great Benefits - Better pay elsewhere"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Fulton Financial full-time

Pros

Great health and education benefits. Friendly corporate culture. Upper level management are typically very approachable.

Cons

Corporation as a whole are resistant to change. Not a lot of incentive to work hard. Promotions are earned via nepotism (a surprisingly large amount of it) and years with the company, rather than hard work and performance. The company loses a lot of young talent as a result. Pay isn't competitive, which is another reason turnover is high with younger employees. After a few years of experience, they find they can leave for another institution and get a significant pay raise.

Advice to Management

Invest more heavily in technology and young employees. Filter out the legacy employees that are still around just because the company takes pride in employing people for decades.

7. "Credit Analyst"

Former Employee - Commercial Credit Analyst in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Commercial Credit Analyst in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Fulton Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The have a good working environment along with some very good benefits. Work environment is very friendly and everyone is respectful.

Cons

Employees are paid a salary that is a long way under the industry average. Although the benefits are good, the base take home salary needs to be increased.

8. "MT Program is a great entry-level position."

I have been working at Fulton Financial full-time

Pros

Very well structured, friendly people, promising future for the company given the bevy of changes it is going through internally.

The management trainee program is a borderline revered program at FFC and it shows by how many "alumni" of the program are still with the company (a lot of former trainees have spent their entire careers at Fulton).

Cons

Typical hierarchical politics can be a bit redundant but this happens in most large corporations. Depending on the area you rotate in, it can be a challenge to get to know people if you're not in a rotation for more than a month.

9. "Back office Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Call Center in Mantua, NJ
    Former Employee - Call Center in Mantua, NJ

I worked at Fulton Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a call center. Pay was OK, benefits were sub-par. Managers are nice. At least they offer 401K.

Cons

The communication between the branches, call center, and other departments are terrible. If you try to contact other departments to research something, they don't really want to assist you or do the least amount of work possible; if the task requires any work on their part they give you attitude and a hard time. They schedule is ridiculous, some days they have you working an hour or two more if you have to work that weekend. their are too many shifts and anyone who get stuck with 10-7 shifts are just screwed in my opinion especially those who have to drive in that terrible traffic.

Advice to Management

My advice if you want all shifts to be covered, set permanent shifts for your employees. Make a shift Differential for those who have to work the later shift and weekend shift. Switching people shifts all the time will not keep your employees happy especially if your not notifying the employees of the changes. When I was hired I was told I would only have to work a Saturday every 3 weeks or so, then all the sudden when I started working you switched it to every other weekend. Perhaps if you could keep you employees happy they wouldn't leave.

10. "Loan Operations"

Current Employee - Loan Operations in Nazareth, PA
    Current Employee - Loan Operations in Nazareth, PA

I have been working at Fulton Financial (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy going environment to work in, Co-workers are very helpful, Great leadership, Flexible, Working in a team is very important for them and I enjoyed that.

Cons

They have slow times durning the year which could get slightly boring.