Fund for the Public Interest Core Canvasser Reviews | Glassdoor

Ed Johnson

"Core Canvasser"

Former Employee - Core Canvasser in Boston, MA

I worked at Fund for the Public Interest

Pros

I liked getting to talk to locals about the issues and the office was a great environment of kids my age to socialize with.

Cons

Working to make a weekly quota was really stressful to me, and that is why I quit after working for about 2 months. We also had to work holidays, which I didn't want to do during the summer.

Advice to Management

I would advise to management that it's important to keep morale high and not to focus too much on the quota. I found it very stressful when they would keep reminding me that I would be fired if I didn't raise a certain amount of money.

Fund for the Public Interest2016-12-05

"Worst Job ever"

Former Employee - Core Canvasser in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Fund for the Public Interest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time so the paycheck is decent The over quota bonus can become lucrative

Cons

No job security, miss quota twice in a row or three times and you're out. How well you do is largely determined by turf, which is decided by the directors, who play favorites to an extreme degree ( I was fired without notice, without ever missing quota, and without and explanation) Hours are horrid - In Minnesota you have to work from 1:45 PM to at least 10:00 PM usually later. As late as 11:30 PM A lot of the coworkers...

Advice to Management

Have a little transparency. I know that you getting staff relies on people not knowing how horrible this job is, but you make the experience horrible for anyone who wants to be anything more than a mindless canvasser.

Fund for the Public Interest2015-06-13