Fundera Reviews

Updated Nov 30, 2020

4.0
Fundera CEO Jared Hecht (no image)
Jared Hecht
Pros
  • "Focused not only on building a great product to help small business owners, but also passionate about building a great company to work at(in 12 reviews)

• "Fundera is dedicated to providing small business owners with reliable information and the best financial products for their business(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "All sales team members sit on one side of the office while other departments sit on the other(in 9 reviews)

• "While fast-paced is generally a pro for me it can be a con at times(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great company with great people"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Sales Operations

I worked at Fundera full-time

Pros

Lively office and great atmosphere with room to grow

Cons

Fast paced environment, which is not for everyone

2. "Great company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY

I worked at Fundera part-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture and great people

Cons

No cons in my opinion

3. "Solid Foundation To Navigate Uncertain Macro-Environment"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The leadership team is composed of seasoned, smart, approachable subject-matter-experts who genuinely care about driving our mission forward and helping their teams develop. The company is more open-minded than ever before to expand our scope and invest in new opportunities for growth. I am able to take on more and more responsibility and continue to learn from new experiences.

Cons

The company is up against a lot of headwinds right now given the struggles facing small businesses and the limited capital options available in the market. This can make progress seem slower and be challenging to navigate in the short term. Nonetheless, it underscores our longer-term mission and vision for helping small businesses find the financial solutions they need to succeed.

Continue reading
  4. "Fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Partnerships in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fundera provides more opportunity for autonomous responsibility, influence and responsibility than I've experienced at any company before. Throughout this year as the small business has changed dramatically, we've been quick to adapt to the changes needed to help our customers navigate this economic environment. While it hasn't been easy, I'm glad that we're able to make a positive difference for our customers. The management here cares about my development and regularly looks for opportunities to help me grow and expand my skillset. I can see that my manager takes a genuine interest in me beyond my role as just another employee here

Cons

With regular changes to our business and the broader small business economy, our company-wide communication has felt like it ebbs and flows between very transparent and periods where it's less clear what's happening. While I expect this in a start-up environment, frequent communication from the leadership team is helpful in keeping everyone aligned.

5. COVID-19

"Dynamic Company Where You Can Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Fundera full-time

Pros

- There are a lot of interesting problems to solve in Fundera's industry and the company has big lofty goals. We're always trying to be better, think of new ways to do things, and ultimately drive an impact for our customers and within the industry. - Very fast-paced. I've never felt a lull in my time here! - Leadership values good ideas and input from the rest of the company. In every point of my career here I've always been able to share my ideas, thoughts, and feedback to leadership and felt like I was being heard. I've also been thrown into a wide array of projects so I've learned and grown so much at this company. - The leaders genuinely care about their employees. - The mission to help small business owners make better financial decisions is invigorating, especially now as small business has been so impacted by the coronavirus outbreak.

Cons

- While fast-paced is generally a pro for me it can be a con at times. Decisions are evolving constantly, and we're trying to do many, many things at once. - The industry is especially challenging to be in right now as covid has so profoundly impacted business owners. It can be hard to know you're moving in the right direction when the market is swinging so heavily with what's happening in the pandemic.

6. "Support Management and a Desire to Continuously Improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers at Fundera dedicate time to support/listen to their direct reports. Having worked at Fundera for over a year, I feel that my time is respected and allocated to value-add activities. The company also is constantly trying to improve. Employees are polled frequently and results of the surveys make it into Company OKRs and management-level initiatives. Management is contantly pushing themselves to be better and create an office culture where people want to work. They listen to employees and react with positive change.

Cons

Fundera operates in a challenging industry, especially given the current macroeconomic climate. It is a fast-paced culture where business decisions evolve in real-time.

7. COVID-19

"New world but adjusting well"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has had to adjust, like many others during COVID. Management has been open about what's happening & what our plans are and hasn't been shy about being direct, which I always appreciate. Sales has had to change directions several times the last couple of months, but we are now getting to a steadier state. Commission incentives & bonus programs were re-rolled out, and we've been finding more opportunities to connect remotely.

Cons

Since the Pandemic began there has been constant change, which can be jarring. As I mentioned above, I appreciate hearing what is going on with the company & what our plans are, and don't feel as if I'm being left in the dark.

8. "On the right path back to normalcy and beyond"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Fundera full-time

Pros

Fun, exciting, engaging sales culture. The company is honest and provides as much context as possible even when unpopular or tough decisions are made. There is a clear path forward that our customers, our employees, and our company will all benefit from.

Cons

The market requires us to pivot frequently and this is not for everyone. You need to be excited by change and new opportunities.

9. COVID-19

"Was Great, Not What it Was"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Fundera full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office, when it was open, was a fun and energetic environment full of awesome people who spent a lot of time trying to help each other out. A lot of those people are still at Fundera.

Cons

Fundera's culture quickly fell apart after the office closed, and management's efforts to remedy it have pretty much too little too late. Without the office environment, what was always a fairly grinding sales job, constantly trying to hit a monthly goal, flat out sucked. Management continued to set unforgiving expectations despite well knowing that the company's target customers, small business owners, have been getting brutalized around the country due to COVID, severely impacting their ability to qualify for loans. While the company did used to boast a fairly diverse platform of lenders who were competitive with each other, and a few who offered bank-type loans, those are mostly gone now. What the platform now features almost entirely is the notoriously predatory Merchant Cash Advance - a product that Fundera once had a company-wide vendetta against, due to things like astronomical APRs, and daily repayments. That did not deter sales management's expectations of their sales reps, or prevent them from putting the brunt of the blame for the company's struggles on them. The decision making of sales leadership has never ceased to boggle the minds of the sales team members. Almost all feedback on questionable decisions from sales reps never makes it much further up the ladder than the managers themselves. There is a quagmired middle layer between the sales reps and upper management of individuals who were successful as sales reps, but spend more time deflecting questions than addressing the concerns that they are rooted in. The company also preaches its "unlimited" PTO policy, but it is well known that for the sales team that this is nothing more than a mirage. The quota relief policy is an absolutely joke. It repeatedly changes and the only thing more rare than someone who actually understands it is someone who actually gets the time off they want without sacrificing a month's bonus.

10. COVID-19

"Intelligent People, Misguided Management"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Genuinely good, smart people work here. The people doing the day to day work are talented and know their jobs well - In the past, Fundera did help many small business owners out of some horrible debt situations. - The company is generous with vacation and taking time off.

Cons

- Knee jerk reactions to the pandemic in the form of two rounds of layoffs (the most recent round came without any warning). These have left the remaining employees arguably worse off. - In relation to the above, turnover has increased from people not laid off due to frustration and burnout. Good people are leaving that cannot be easily replaced. - With more and more people leaving, the remaining employees are now expected to pick up the slack and meet the same goals. - Management is very stubborn with their plans and goals. It is their way or the highway, even when it is clear their way is not working. - The product offerings at Fundera have degraded significantly. Costly MCAs are now common on the platform. It is difficult to sell this versus some of the other loans out there. - Everyday we are left questioning whether another round of layoffs will surprise the remaining employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 English Reviews