Fundera Reviews | Glassdoor

Fundera Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2019

Found 49 reviews

4.1
Fundera CEO Jared Hecht (no image)
Jared Hecht
Pros
  • "(in 12 reviews)

• "Focused not only on building a great product to help small business owners, but also passionate about building a great company to work at(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "We're growing like crazy, and sometimes there are growing pains(in 4 reviews)

• "For better or for worse, the sales team sits on a different side of the office than the other departments since it's much louder(in 4 reviews)

1. "Open and flexible learning environment"

Current Employee - SEO Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best things about Fundera is the people. Fundera is filled with a wide spectrum of personalities and it embraces our differences. Employees are also encouraged to pursue initiatives they are passionate about, which makes for opportunities to bond with members of other teams and departments. The office environment is stellar (filled with snacks, kept clean, and well-supplied) and employees are... encouraged to dress in what they are most comfortable in. There is an overarching element of trust and collaboration, and you aren't micromanaged by your manager, which makes your workflow flexible. Fail fast and learn from your mistakes mindset. Every week I meet with my manager to discuss challenges, work through anything that I have questions on, and check in on my overall well-being and satisfaction as an employee and person in general. If you have special accommodations you are given the freedom and flexibility to work with/around them. You are also asked to give feedback on a consistent basis. There are also a lot of open-door meetings that you can sit in on even if you're not in that department, which is an awesome opportunity to learn about other departments current initiatives and plans for the future. Plus, there are company-wide meetings on a monthly basis that are fun, informative, and engaging.

Cons

Sometimes management can forget to inform employees about team members that are leaving Fundera. It can be challenging to get to know members of other departments if you aren't proactive and social- you have to be willing to insert yourself and make an effort to connect with other employees (in other departments) without a lot of help. Personally not an issue for me but it can be for some. There can be some growing... pains as with most startup environments.

Advice to Management

Fundera's building a great culture here and growing quickly- so let's keep up the good work and preserve what's good!

Fundera2019-09-30

"Mission driven org with mission driven employees"

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The mission. We literally help small businesses every day. Whether it’s to help them get off the ground, expand, or even stay afloat, fundera is there to help them. It’s amazing to be a part of that and know that what I do here makes a difference! -impact: being part of a smaller company allows me to make an impact every day! -the people: the people are amazing. Everyone embodies our values. If they don’t, they... quickly realize this place is not for them. If you’re only joining only for the fun perks but aren’t prepared to elevate the game, check your ego at the door, or walk in a customer’s shoes (not literally), then this place isn’t for you. -future growth and opportunities: this place changes fast and you have to move ahead with everyone. We’re growing, we’re evolving, and there’s a lot of upcoming growth and opportunity. I would love to be here to watch it continue to grow! -perks and benefits: the benefits are pretty great. We have fun as a team and as a company while working hard. -transparency: the ceo knows every person in the company, does skip levels, shares company updates, and has a genuine interest in the people. I’ve yet to work for a company where the ceo was this close to the people outside of leadership. Kudos!

Cons

-as with any high growth, org, there are teams where people are doing multiple roles while we hire more people and ramp them.

Fundera2019-09-26

"Incredible Company and Mission - Great Place to Accelerate your Career"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Fundera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Transparency - Incredibly transparent culture. Board Decks are shared, Town Hall meetings are open and honest, CEO is very approachable. Mission Driven - The company is trying to positively impact millions of small business owners. They really truly care about their customers and want to do right by them. Meritocracy - Promotions go to the best person, the best ideas win. People - So many incredibly smart and... driven people.

Cons

Just like any startup, you must be comfortable with change. Things are constantly changing and Fundera is always looking for ways to improve, if you don't like change then this could stress you out.

Fundera2019-09-26

"Great place to grow your career!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Career Progression: Fundera lays the groundwork for individuals to learn an immense amount and truly grow their career. With clear expectations and milestones to work towards, they take the guessing out of what comes next in your career. They also provide a stipend to every employee to use throughout the year for personal development, showing they truly care about investing in their staff. - People: You won't... find another company with such warm and welcoming employees like the ones at Fundera. The culture is hard to beat, with fun company outings and down to earth individuals from the leadership team down. It's a pleasure coming into work each day. - Transparency: Especially at a growing company, it's sometimes hard to remain transparent when things are constantly changing. However, Fundera is completely open about what's going on in every department, holding bi-monthly "All Hands" and sending out various briefings when needed. The Founder/CEO has even sent company-wide memo's to keep people in the loop. - Mission: As the company has grown, our mission and values have remained the same: to help small business owners gain access to capital and resources that they need to be successful. We constantly hear about the people we've helped, having numerous small business owners come in to talk about their company and their experience working with us.

Cons

- Complexity: Like every start-up, there are going to be a lot of challenges and complex problems to solve. At times it feels like we may make things too complicated, but in the end it always turns out to be the right move and one that helps the company grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and keep being transparent with changes; it goes a long way!

Fundera2019-09-25

"So happy I work here"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for less than a year

Pros

Core values of transparency with all employees and investing in developing team members truly set Fundera apart from other companies, and definitely from other startups. Employees on the sales side are given four months of training up front, along with weekly ongoing training and hands-on coaching from managers. Additionally, all company employees are granted $1k annual self-development budget to use on anything... they want for personal and professional growth. Phenomenal benefits all around with a constant focus on maintaining a positive company culture.

Cons

We move quickly and things constantly change, which is not for everyone. Turnover within the product organization.

Advice to Management

The company is at the size now where we have to make a conscious effort at cross-functional collaboration. Keep up recent efforts like increased town halls, cross-functional team outings, and fireside chats!

Fundera2019-09-25

"Great place to start your professional career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not too long I was a recent college graduate looking for a place to learn, make some decent money and start my career. I was introduced to Fundera through a friend, interviewed and decided to take a chance and join. Admittedly, I was hesitant at first, but fast forward a few months and I'm now on a path to hit 6-figures as a 23 year old and have the ability to potentially manage a team in the next 12 months. I've... learned an immense amount and am thrilled with my decision. I'm working hard, but not many more than 40 hours, have the ability to take vacation when I want and get to enjoy the typical start up things like cold brew on tap, casual office environment and a fully-stocked kitchen.

Cons

For better or for worse, the sales team sits on a different side of the office than the other departments since it's much louder. I wish I got more exposure to other departments.

Advice to Management

Keep doing full-company town halls every 2 weeks so that we can learn about other departments and company initiatives. This is a great thing that I did not know about when I started. It's very informative and interesting.

Fundera2019-09-24
  7. "Great Mission, People, and Career Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fundera has a great culture which prioritizes teamwork, creativity, and empathy. -The team rewards hard work and out-of-the-box thinking with promotions. -Fundera is dedicated to providing small business owners with reliable information and the best financial products for their business.

Cons

As a startup, change occurs semi-regularly from team tactics to additional job responsibilities which can be a pro or con depending on the person.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Your transparency, willingness to listen to employees, and long-term-focused strategizing is appreciated.

Fundera2019-09-30

"Transparent, Challenging, Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Transparent culture by dispensing information from board meetings, office hours to explain changes/announcements, access to Sr. and Executive Leadership is the norm, and leaders communicating company's mission statement and values early and often. Every team member understands where they stand, where the company is headed, and feel "in the loop", -- something I value greatly. Very clear, challenging goals and... expectations. Great team dynamic with high energy while maintaining competitive spirit. Fundera is an excellent place to learn to sell, grow a sales career and create opportunity for yourself. The culture, the pay, the co-workers, the leadership, the career growth are all huge reasons I love it at Fundera. Not being micro-managed, feeling challenged, being a part of something bigger than just a job, but a disruption of an industry, with camaraderie along the way are things I value.

Cons

At times we work past the 9-5pm but I expected that with a start-up. There is a lot of work to be done and I want to be the person to take that on. We could use more engineers and product resources to better support our growing teams.

Advice to Management

Continue building on cross-team collaboration efforts. At times it's difficult getting things accomplished because team leaders are on different pages, but the effort is there! Keep it up!!

Fundera2019-09-24
  9. "Great place to learn but is an unpredictable company"

I worked at Fundera full-time

Pros

Incredible benefits, flexible hours, comfortable office atmosphere, smart, fast-paced work (most of the time), a great spot to learn skills quickly.

Cons

Unpredictable management, frequent and surprising amount of turnover, stalled and limited company goals, tight-knit "in crowd" vibes on each team, has no real "product". Long-term projects are frequently abandoned in favor of quick fixes, teams over-promote and promote quickly, and then there's no real "ladder" for employees to climb. There's no real aim of helping small business owners long-term (all about... providing loans as a short-term fix and no other plans or support for clients along the way at this time). The vibe drastically changed here as upper management turned over frequently.

Fundera2019-09-04

"The grass is greener on the other side!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Fundera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your colleagues are great to work with.

Cons

Upper Management, No work life balance, and a lot of turn around.

Advice to Management

Please hire qualified management and set a better training program.

Found 49 reviews