Funding Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Funding Circle Co-Founder and CEO Samir Desai
Samir Desai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Advice, do not work in the sales department at funding circle and the PAY IS RUBBISH" (in 5 reviews)

• "Bad pay, long hours, minimal career progression, subservience to the stratosphere of management" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Funding Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Funding Circle is a late stage start up going through some really exciting progression and change. Employees get exposure to projects and opportunities they wouldn't necessarily get in a large corporation. The business is doing some genuine good for the economy and this is celebrated globally!

Cons

Some growing pains, and perhaps the business isn't the 'sexy start up' it once was.

Jul 30, 2018 – Senior Talent Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review - we hope you continue to enjoy your career at Funding Circle!

2. "Great Place to work"

I worked at Funding Circle full-time

Pros

Funding Circle is a great place to work. The company has a great mission and truly helps out small businesses gain access to capital to help grow their companies. FC has an awesome leadership team and is a fun place to work.

Cons

-Very global which can be challenging sometimes
    -Compensation could be higher
    -No 401k match

3. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Funding Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product and mission of this company is fantastic. I think that what the company is set out to do is awesome, and they seem to make decisions that will continually benefit the borrower, rather than simply the bottom line.
    The company is growing pretty quickly, with multiple offices opening up.
    The Office is modern, the amenities provided are great, the snacks and lunch provided is also great.
    The people that work here are also good. Of course not everyone will be the best at their job, but I think that everyone tries to practice what they preach and work hard for the benefit of everyone.
    The benefits are great here. A decent personal development stipend, almost free healthcare, commuter and wellness reimbursement.

Cons

The career progression and personal development is a little stagnant. For the baseline positions, there doesn't seem to be any help offered to actually progress, rather than simply move laterally into another role that requires similar mindset/skills.
    Looking to try to advance into another department seems difficult because of the type of silo that exists. Not saying that the company doesn't talk within itself, however certain departments seems to not give the time of day to others.
    Pay is OK, however, being in one of the most expensive cities in the US (San Francisco) there could be a little more focus on the cost of living.

Advice to Management

When listening to employees, try to actually try to help them. It would be nice to have a little bit more personal attention because sometimes it seems that employees feedback can go in one ear and out the other, however we know that you have a job of your own to get done.
    Continue to strive to improve the status quo, but please do not get into the corporate bureaucratic mentality where important things get put on the back burner, and take way longer than they should to get done.

Jul 23, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback! We hear you. Career progression is an area that we are working on building better structure around, but it does take time to develop programs/paths that are... More

4. "Strategy"

I have been working at Funding Circle full-time

Pros

Great people, culture and leadership

Cons

Slightly longer working hours than average

"Diversity and Culture could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM

I have been working at Funding Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is very transparent about their mission to growing the company. Benefits are cool. Free lunches on Tuesdays. You learn so much about the business and how it works! This is a great opportunity for entry-level.

Cons

The culture is not so welcoming. Your co-worker can be in the same room as you and won't even speak to you. Diversity could be better.

Advice to Management

Please work on a warm welcoming to new joiners.

Jun 12, 2018 – Senior Talent Partner

We agree that Funding Circle is a great place for employees to begin their careers and care deeply about being honest and transparent with our employees. It’s very important to us that we are... More

"Analyst"

I worked at Funding Circle full-time

Pros

Autonomy and low pressure in roles, flexibility in schedule

Cons

Fratty atmosphere, poor upper management

Jun 12, 2018 – Senior Talent Partner

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you liked the autonomy and flexibility in your role. However, it seems you had some negative experiences which we are continuously looking to... More

"Review"

I have been working at Funding Circle full-time

Pros

work life balance, office location, friendly people

Cons

Compensation, hierarchical, do not take care of top performers or loyal employees, some people do a lot while others coast.

Advice to Management

Invest in those that have proven themselves

8. "FC Review"

I have been working at Funding Circle full-time

Pros

People, culture, mission, resilience are all great.

Cons

Can be a bit hierarchical at times.

9. "Good company overall"

I have been working at Funding Circle full-time

Pros

Good culture in the company and strives for improvement of said culture and employee happiness. There is also always a big drive for trying to build the best products we can.

Cons

Strategy tends to leave not a lot of room for improvement in the projects worked on.

Advice to Management

Improve and leave more time for the ability to improve skills and the older projects which have become more outdated.

"Good Culture, Poor Management, No Career Trajectory"

I worked at Funding Circle full-time

Pros

- The culture at FC is amazing. The people you’ll meet at this company are great!

- They take the quarterly culture survey feedback and make the effort in ensuring employees happiness

- Really lives by the values and the co-founder really emphasizes on it

- Finally going the right direction with hiring executives and people with the proper expertise for company growth

Cons

- Lots of growing pains & even though it’s slowly improving, employees are still burnt out and management is overwhelmed

- Employee satisfaction really varied in the different departments because some departments are happy while other departments are hostile

- High turnover which isn’t good for a growing start up company

- Takes advantage of the people and talent that already exists and doesn't promote from within

Advice to Management

- Continue to pay attention to the people who aren’t happy and figure out the outlying problems

- Make sure management is clear when giving employees the right guidance, opportunities, and career trajectory

- Find out what is causing employee turnover and stay competitive in the market for employees

- Long time employees are valuable because of their historical knowledge. So, pay your employees at least market rate and value their work

**Advice to employees / candidates**
    - Make sure you’re valued for the work you do because you’re better than that my friend

- Don’t let management bring you down and tell you you’re not worth the work you've done. Know your value!

- Make sure you know what you’re getting into. Evaluate your managers and colleagues carefully during the interview.

Jan 12, 2018 – Technical Recruiter

We really appreciate your feedback and advice. We are in the midst of our employees taking the Q4'17 culture survey and will absolutely analyze the results. Fortunately, we had a 90% participation... More