KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 333 of over 356 reviews

4.0
Funding Circle Co-Founder and CEO Samir Desai
Samir Desai
Pros
  • "Product: No other company has been able to figure out peer to peer lending as good as Funding Circle(in 30 reviews)

• "Great people who are down to earth(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can work more on career progression(in 13 reviews)

• "A very high turnover is present(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Strong Leadership

Oct 19, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am constantly in awe of our Management team, especially through these challenging covid times, and so I felt it the right time to leave a review on what a great place Funding Circle is to work for. I feel proud and honoured to be working in a business that values your input and is supportive in every way. There is a very open communication channel from all of our senior Leaders. Our CEO in particular has demonstrated complete honesty & integrity throughout this crazy year and I am super proud to be a part of his Funding Circle family. He is humble in every way and is incredibly inspirational - he has a way of pulling you all together on his journey and creating a forward thinking culture, I am thoroughly enjoying my time working here. It is great to see and feel the impact working in a P2P lender and what our organisation is doing for our wider communities.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2 people found this review helpful

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're really please to hear you're enjoying your experience at Funding Circle. Our CEO and Senior Management Team are working hard to ensure strong communication throughout this extended period of home working. We'd like to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Funding Circle.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company great direction

Sep 7, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, mission and the strategic vision

Cons

Credit is challenging, especially during Covid

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really pleased you're enjoying your time at Funding Circle! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

3. The latest conversations about Finance

83 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Mission driven company, strong career development opportunities

Oct 14, 2021 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company does a great job working with its employees on career and skill development. Each employee has a LinkedIn learning account, there's a mentorship program, and there are many examples of leadership being open to horizontal career moves

Cons

Not a lot of structure

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Team, poor company overall

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some teams inside of FC that were truly amazing and should have been the examples FC used to model themselves after. This team had the culture and the talent to do amazing things, but unfortunately they were restricted by forces outside of their control (I.e., not given the support from the right execs or other key departments to do what was needed or best for the company)

Cons

I was one of only 2 persons who identified as black on the tech team in US and 1 of a handful throughout the entire US business. Funding Circle mad 0 effort to improve it's diversity from race or educational background standpoints. With that said, the ultimate growth area is granted to the senior leadership (executives) and not the employees that report to them. The exec team did not make efforts to bring the appropriate technology or diversity voices to the table. FC is a walking GDPR and CCPA lawsuit waiting to happen. However, I would strongly recommend that any prospective employees and customers do extra research on the company and come to a conclusion for themselves, but please be careful when considering Funding Circle as your next employer.

3 people found this review helpful

Head of People

I’m very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at Funding Circle. We continue to work hard to create a culture where Circlers of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, have the opportunity to contribute their ideas, and be successful. We are not where we want to be yet; however, we have taken very concrete steps to continue to increase our diversity and ensure an inclusive environment. A few examples include expanding our diversity committee to ensure we have representation from different levels and ethnicities, conducting listening sessions with people of color, conducting wellness and engagement surveys, and identifying employee advocates. We also published our first-ever US Diversity and Inclusion Report. It’s on our website if you’d like to read it.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

EXCELLENT

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun cool fresh exciting love

Cons

there are no cons working here

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really pleased you enjoyed your time at Funding Circle. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication and best of luck in your new role!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great culture and vacation/benefits

Jul 21, 2021 - Strategic Partnerships Manager in Burlingame, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming culture, good values/mission, great vacation and benefits.

Cons

Struggling business model trying to be the "white knight" in a dubious space.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! I'm happy to hear you are enjoying our culture and benefits. It has been a challenging year; however, we have a strong plan in place and a great team working hard to execute on it!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging work with great people

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work but team is very supportive and wants you to succeed

Cons

Can be difficult when lending market is not super favorable

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture and Benefits. Uncertain on management, future, and direction

Apr 21, 2021 - Anonymous in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick Hits: - all the good stuff from a tech company (food, subsidies for gym, doordash, office upgrades, etc.) - Fantastic people - Good location in downtown Denver - Flexible WFH policy - Good healthcare - Stock! More detail: I worked at Funding Circle for three years. It's an overall incredible place to work and I was given many tools and opportunities to succeed and grow in my career. I made some great friends and when we were in the office, genuinely looked forward to coming in. I'm a little nervous for what the future holds and think it would be pretty difficult/near impossible for someone joining the company now to have the kind of journey I had (I had a combination of right place/right time, good work ethic, and luck). I wish the company all the best and have had a very positive experience there, I might look like a fool 12 months from now for leaving, but who knows, if you're up for a challenge/bumpy ride/are looking to get your start in the fintech world, give it a shot!

Cons

- Really unsure on the next 6-18 months for the company and where it goes after COVID - Having almost our entire HR and engineering teams in the UK is not great. - Big disconnect between UK/HQ and US business. They are really two different companies trying to be run the UK way which can be frustrating in the US. - Different "fitness" subsidies for SF and Denver office. I understand SF has higher cost of living but seems pretty silly in a primarily WFH environment to have a $40 difference in this. Everyone should be treated equally regardless of location. Either give everyone the same or average the difference IMO (the SF team is 1/2 or a 1/3 the size of Denver) - Some managers are fantastic, others are absolutely terrible and really lacking in soft skills. It's really you get lucky or don't, trust your gut on your manager in the interview process. - Pay is below average, they try to make up for it with perks. - They try to cut corners on IT, Tech, HR, etc. (cheapest software, expect 1-2 people to handle ALL the responsibilities of these teams) - Fix HUGE problems with bandaids

2 people found this review helpful

People Partner Lead

Thank you for the feedback. We agree all the perks are great and we're excited to get back to the office very soon. The past year has been challenging; however, as we've discussed in our monthly meetings, we have a very exciting future. We have a clear plan for the US business to continue to grow and help small businesses!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good

Aug 5, 2021 - Parttime Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start and

Cons

Need five words to finish

11. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good for career development, poor pay

Jun 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are mostly good Unlimited PTO is a big plus

Cons

Management is winging it The best talent leaves because of below market pay

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We benchmark our total rewards package every year to ensure that what we are offering is competitive. We also survey Circlers who choose to leave to understand what led to that decision and are continuously working to improve the experience of all Circlers. Thank you for all of your contributions!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 Reviews