Fundrise Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Fundrise Reviews

Updated 13 Jun 2019

5.0
Fundrise CEO Ben Miller
Ben Miller

"Inspiring company to work for, relaxed environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fundrise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talented people who really know what they’re doing. No micromanagement. You talk over goals with your team and manager then you’re given enough leeway to get on with your work. Everyone is really approachable, friendly, and helpful. Company is considerate that people have lives and are very flexible with time off and working from home to accommodate unexpected eventualities. Relaxed dress code.

Cons

Benefits are a a bit scanty for a tech company but Fundrise is also a real estate company so maybe that’s why. Health insurance is excellent as is unlimited PTO, but more robust benefits would be nice. Office doesn’t provide any food.

Advice to Management

Please don’t change as the company gets bigger. You’re doing great.

Fundrise2019-06-13

"Associate"

I worked at Fundrise full-time

Pros

Working on something brand new, that hasn't been done before, is exciting. You're breaking new ground, solving problems that have never been solved before, and overall every day is new and different. Management is great; supportive of new ideas and willing to hear what you have to say.

Cons

The same pro could be seen as a con. You can't just come in and be taught what to do... a lot of it you are going to have to figure out yourself. So it's great for self-starters, but not as great for people who need a lot of direction.

Advice to Management

Continue pushing into new areas and breaking new ground

Fundrise2017-09-25

"Great to work with"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Fundrise

Pros

I have had nothing but a positive experience working with Fundrise. They foster a very friendly work environment for sure! The Fundrise team encourages learning and wants you to be successful and really try to help accommodate any need you have. My direct contacts are very intelligent, positive and team driven. I truly enjoy working with the team I have.

Cons

I really don't have a negative thing to say about Fundrise. They are really responsive and easy to communicate with.

Advice to Management

I guess the advice I could give to management is to continue to be open and upfront with customers and employees alike.

Fundrise2017-09-12

"Will be almost impossible to top"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Fundrise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Stimulating, challenging work -- an endless list of interesting problems to think about and tackle. Both thinkers and doers thrive at Fundrise. - Smart, humble, hardworking coworkers who will continuously impress you with their speed, determination, and creativity - Incredibly savvy leadership that's consistently 5 steps ahead of the competition - Growth -- and lots of it - Lots of autonomy,... flexibility, and freedom - Convenient Dupont Circle location (pup-friendly, too!)

Cons

Scaling any business is tough and there are occasional growing pains. These mainly take the form of hiring a bit too quickly or slowly or having too many / too few cooks in the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Focus on big wins, don't get caught in the weeds. Keep being intentional and deliberate about the culture of the company. It's excellent.

Fundrise2017-07-05

"Outstanding Place to Work"

I worked at Fundrise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Interesting, challenging work using technology to revolutionize real estate investing. Lots of opportunity to make a big, direct impact. - Excellent leadership and colleagues. It sounds trite, but Fundrise really is a well-led organization of extremely capable people who support one another. Managers really do care about fostering an environment where people are challenged to grow and supported and rewarded... accordingly. - Relatively flat organization with a focus on finding the best solution, then executing quickly with a high level of quality. Maximal focus on delivering real value. - Great office location near public transport and lots of restaurants.

Cons

There really aren't any major downsides to Fundrise. As others have mentioned, the office can get loud at times and there are frustrations associated with trying to innovate a heavily-regulated industry, but neither of those rise to the level of significant "cons" in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Continue to push and support people to do their best work and avoid remaining in their comfort zone.

Fundrise2017-06-29

"Can't imagine being anywhere else"

I have been working at Fundrise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I left successful self-employment to join Fundrise when it was a very young company, not much more than an idea and a handful of people with the means to execute on it. I took the risk because the management team was the strongest I had yet encountered, a combination of being experienced, very well funded, and ambitious, with a shared vision. Five plus years later they continue to amaze me. They've navigated us... through multiple changes to our core business model, but the original vision of democratizing access to good investments has always been the guiding light. In terms of what it's like to work here, this is a place where: - Team members care deeply about doing right by our customers - Everyone is respected, without being coddled - Practicality is revered, sometimes to a fault - You will regularly be humbled by the insane level of talent present in the people around you - Influence is earned over time, by demonstrating good judgment - Things just plain get done, and get done right, with a minimum level of nonsense - Management views this company as their life, and is in it for the long haul The worlds of real estate and investing move slowly, but we are experiencing very strong traction and I believe are on the verge of a major breakthrough. As one of the "original" employees I can say that there has never been a more exciting time to work here.

Cons

Working in a tightly regulated industry can be mind-numbingly frustrating at times, especially when you have a growth mentality. Not a knock on the company, just a fact of life when doing anything in the world of consumer finance. I suspect that is also not unique to Fundrise, but if you are one of the only practitioners of your craft in the company, you can feel isolated / out of touch with trends and new... developments in your industry, unless you make an active effort to stay up to date.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, be more intentional about defining and managing culture as the organization grows.

Fundrise2017-04-01

"A truly incredible company"

I have been working at Fundrise full-time

Pros

I can't say enough good things about Fundrise. It is a truly incredible company. A few of the most impressive aspects: - The managers are fantastic. Management can truly make or break a company, and at Fundrise the managers are innovative, supportive, smart and personable. They treat their employees like equals and make everyone feel that their opinion is valued. - Fundrise is a true innovator and continuously... manages to stay several steps ahead of the competition. They do it first, and they do it better. - You’re surrounded by some serious talent, and you will learn a lot. - Team members are passionate about Fundrise and the mission. People work hard; not because they’re forced to, but because they want to. - Hard work is appreciated, and employee growth is a priority. - Work days are always fun. People are constantly joking around and having a good time. - Office dogs. Enough said. A lot of us often say that after working at Fundrise we’ll never be able to work anywhere else. It’s rare to find a company that is both functional and fun, and I can’t imagine a company pulling off that balance better than Fundrise.

Cons

- The open office plan means it can get pretty loud in the office at times. I personally don’t mind, but it could potentially be an annoyance for some people.

Fundrise2017-04-06

"A great place to work"

I have been working at Fundrise full-time

Pros

It's great being a part of a rapidly growing business. The amount that the company has changed over the past few years has been amazing and offers tons of opportunity for professional growth. Plus the dogs are awesome.

Cons

If you don't like dogs, you might not fit in here...

Fundrise2016-03-14

"Revolutionizing real estate with tech!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fundrise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tremendous growth potential, great benefits, intelligent colleagues, revolutionary technology, open communication policy, ability to make a difference, and dogs in the office!

Cons

Depending on job function, some travel is necessary.

Advice to Management

The growth I've seen at the Company since joining has been incredible. I have been amazed at the Company's ability to maintain it's values and quality of talent during this time. As the Company continues to grow, I advise management to refuse any efforts resulting in dilution of Company values or quality of incoming hires.

Fundrise2015-08-05