Furnished Quarters Reviews | Glassdoor

Furnished Quarters Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2019

4.1
Furnished Quarters CEO Steven Brown (no image)
Steven Brown
  1. "The grass IS greener"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast-paced, never a dull moment, constantly expanding & growing, family oriented, highly devoted management, and the list goes on. For me, leaving my previous job was terrifying, but FQ has proven that the grass IS greener on the other side. Great place to work if you want to grow with a company that is also growing. They are highly supportive of promotions with in, and push each employee to be the best and do... the best they can. Upper management's "door is always open", and that's the truth. Great place to work!

Cons

A "positive" con is that the company is growing so much there is a lot of work to get done, but it is a good problem.

Furnished Quarters2019-05-22

"Best company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its one of the best companies to work for . Veer friendly ,flexible environment. Lot of growth opportunities

Cons

None so far come accross

Advice to Management

Nothing, since I recently joined

3. "Creative Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am lucky enough to work under amazing leadership in Global Solutions. FQ is fast paced, constantly growing, and open to ideas and better solutions. Great company overall! Very collaborative team!

Cons

Better incentives or benefits. This is a private company but most companies in NY offer a stipend for the MTA or give 3% raise annually due to cost of living increases. MTA rates go up, rent goes up. Private companies don't have much flexibility I suppose.

Furnished Quarters2019-06-03
  4. "Corporate atmosphere with Family feel"

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great, supportive team, aimed to cultivate a positive work environment. Executive and director teams are open to suggestions and new ways to do the job, from any level, which keeps the work place evolving. Promote mostly from existing employees, which is encouraging and complements the benefit package and annual salary raises. The company perfectly mixes corporate run and family run atmosphere; the owners... are absolutely fantastic people who really care about the employees! The company promotes a healthy work/life balance and offers many projects and "extra curricular" activities at work to motivate employees to not be bound to the desk job - so nice to be told to get up and move, instead of scrutinized for not being at your desk every moment at work.

Cons

Area of opportunity: Training can use improvement; there are some inefficiencies between departments and cross training, but the company is always working towards fixing that. Internal promotions are mostly in the Sales department, not many other departments are promoted as often - only a con if you are not in the sales dept.

Furnished Quarters2019-05-22
  5. "Management Ruins it..."

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is decent. CEO is friendly, and approachable. Office space is bright and clean.

Cons

Management is inauthentic and unapproachable. They will take advantage of you at any given chance. Professional growth is extremely limited regardless of the fact that Career is a CORE Value(You will know more than you managers!) Very high turnover rate. Multiple Grovo Lessons are mandatory every quarter in addition to pointless quarterly goals. Office can be very loud (TV conversations, coughing, sneezing are... habitual ) Besides your average company benefits (healthcare, PTO, filtered water, etc.), nothing else is offered. Nepotism (family owned company). Office Politics (nobody is equal here and your job title is irrelevant).

Advice to Management

Do away with Grovo. Offer more benefits to attract and retain talent(snacks, catered lunch, birthday celebrations, work from home days, etc.) Actually promote from within.

Furnished Quarters2019-05-23
  6. "#AmazingFQ"

Current Employee - National Guest Services Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Furnished Quarters is a top shelf organization! I am thrilled to be amongst this amazing and talented group of individuals. The opportunity that I have been awarded is everything that I have could have wanted. Each Associate has respect for one another & respect for the customer; and wants to ensure that extraordinary internal and external customer service is achieved in our day to day business. I love the... passion for customer service that FQ has!

Cons

Wished the opportunity had come - WAY SOONER!

Furnished Quarters2019-04-06
  7. "Dynamic Company; Top Notch!"

Current Employee - National Guest Service Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time for less than a year

Pros

I pinch myself every day, feeling so fortunate to work for this incredible company. Furnished Quarters truly values its customers, guests, partners and employees. I have worked in public relations, guest/customer service for a very long time, but have never before experienced this level of dedication to quality and value for all stakeholders. Many opportunities in this growing company, and employees treat each... other with respect and courtesy. Excellent, conscientious management; core values that aren't just for show. It truly is an honor and a privilege to work here. Also, they do an excellent job hiring talent; they care about providing the very best service and ensuring a harmonious, inclusive work environment. You really can't do much better. If you're looking for a challenging and incredibly rewarding career move, watch for openings and apply. Great salary, incredibly robust benefits package. Be prepared to give your best; it will be returned to you ten-fold.

Cons

Have not found any and doubt I will.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Excited to be part of the company's growth, and proud to represent you. Thank you for the opportunity.

Furnished Quarters2019-04-05

"Housekeeping"

I have been working at Furnished Quarters

Pros

Nothing... I have nothing good to say they don't care for the housekeepers

Cons

Everything about this company the pay the mount of work we have to do. Is not worth it.

Furnished Quarters2018-08-05
  9. "Awesome company!"

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time

Pros

Furnished Quarters is truly a first class organization that highly values its employees and clientele. I have been on board for just over a month, and it has been exciting and inspirational to be part of the team. My colleagues are super nice and have gone the extra mile to make me feel very welcome. I love this company!!!

Cons

I wish I had joined FQ sooner!

Furnished Quarters2018-02-11
  10. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Furnished Quarters full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great company with really intelligent and supportive employees in all roles. I've seen many internal promotions and it's a great work environment. Managers recognize the work of employees on a regular basis. Benefits are very good. Overall great place to work.

Cons

None to share. Great team of people.

Furnished Quarters2018-02-01