Furnitureland South Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Harris

1. "Furnitureland South is a great career choice."

Current Employee - Client Relations Specialist in Jamestown, NC
    Current Employee - Client Relations Specialist in Jamestown, NC

I have been working at Furnitureland South full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Encouraging and motivating management. Family/work life balance. Competitive pay. I love working with a staff that works with so much pride in their profession. The company is very involved in the community. The CEO and president are both humble, involved, personable and kind. My thoughts and advice are genuinely considered. This is the first place I have worked where I truly felt appreciated and accounted for.

Cons

I cannot think of a downside so I will write this to fulfill the 20-word minimum.

2. "Outlet center"

Current Employee - Outlet Center Dock Lead in Jamestown, NC
    Current Employee - Outlet Center Dock Lead in Jamestown, NC

I have been working at Furnitureland South full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, decent pay, open door policy, room to advance and grow. Great work atmosphere!

Cons

Have to work some saturdays but not that bad.

3. "Great Job for Minimal Work"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Jamestown, NC
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Jamestown, NC

I have been working at Furnitureland South full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make great tips per trip. They pay you well. You only work 3 full days and and load your truck, which takes half a day from 7-12. So great pay for 4 days of work per week. A great staff to work with as well.

Cons

A lot of heavy lifting and irritating customers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, you make this job enjoyable and worth doing.

"Good people, not so good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Furnitureland South (More than a year)

Pros

I had great co-workers and a good manager that was flexible and understanding. Starbucks on campus was a plus. Decent amount of PTO, plus paid holidays. They do Thanksgiving and Christmas lunch for the entire company, chili cook-off and other fun events like that throughout the year plus departments might do their own department-wide events as well.

Cons

Pay was low and there wasn't much room for advancement. They expect a lot out of you and want you to do quality work, but they don't want to pay you for it. Jeff, Jason and other "big dogs" weren't very nice and I heard them on many occasions make comments about taking advantage of people or other shady business practices they were doing. People in upper management want to tell other departments how to do their work, when they have no experience or education on HOW to run a department of that type.

Advice to Management

Pay people a decent wage for all of the hard work they do to make your company a success. Listen/take advice from employees who are doing their work everyday & understand their position, instead of assuming you know everything because you own the company.

"Cool Place to work!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Jamestown, NC
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Jamestown, NC

I have been working at Furnitureland South full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited amounts of Furniture to sale. Its like the Disney World of Furniture. Great people to work with and lots of potential.

Cons

100% Commission and providing a longer training period.

"Furnitureland South is a great family owned company that I would recommend to any of my friends to work here!"

I have been working at Furnitureland South full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a commission based job, you have unlimited growth and depending on how hard you work is how successful you will be. Furnitureland is growing tremendously even during the economy. We are the largest in our industry and being family own makes it great to work here!

Cons

A challenge could be working commission because it is not for everyone.

"Furnitureland South"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in High Point, NC

I have been working at Furnitureland South full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They definitely give you the necessities to expand your business and to promote yourself. This is a great job if you want to be an interior designer- it can work as a stepping stone to your own business and can be eye opening to the details of an interior designer's job. The benefits of this is that you don't have to pay for your own marketing or for your own space to work in- Furnitureland provides it all for you, they even provide you with the clients. You're also put onto a team of other designers- I think the team setting helps you to learn the job at first. The people are also super encouraging and helpful too.

Cons

Some of the challenges are finding your own clients- you always have clients who walk through the door but developing a customer base and finding your own customers can be a challenge at first.

"Not a bad place to get your feet wet, but there is very little room to move up."

Current Employee - In-home Furniture Delivery/Truck Driver in Jamestown, NC
    Current Employee - In-home Furniture Delivery/Truck Driver in Jamestown, NC

I have been working at Furnitureland South full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

consistent work, you get to be your own boss on the road, meet interesting people and travel the country

Cons

very hard, labor intensive work, the middle managers can be a little condescending towards you, the is no bonus or raises....ever. company charges you for any damages done to furniture, customers home, or equipment. costly health insurance. no room to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

try to give a raise once in a while, a guy that has been doing the job for 10 years should not make the same as a guy that has been doing it 2 weeks. create some sort of safety bonus or retention program to keep good talent inside the company. you are bleeding good people.

"Life At Furnitureland"

Former Employee - Floor Tech in Jamestown, NC
    Former Employee - Floor Tech in Jamestown, NC

I worked at Furnitureland South full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are all for the most part great people. Your fellow employees make the work worth it. The work is steady.

Cons

The pay is below average. There is also little chance to move up the company. There are usually very little bonuses if they even have them.

"Design Consultant"

I worked at Furnitureland South full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my time here. The people are wonderful and the facilities are world class. If you work hard you can do well for yourself.

Cons

Just the typical sales cons. Some people are just not cut out for sales. Usually someone knows this before they apply to a job like this.

Advice to Management

I really cannot think of anything to put here other than to keep treating the employees well. People are generally happy here and I enjoyed my time at FLS.