Fuscoe Engineering Reviews in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Fuscoe, former employee"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

they attempted to create a positive atmosphere with group actives

Cons

poor management, and good work goes unrecognized, very cliquey, it was like being back in jr. high with the social interactions

Advice to Management

you should focus more on competency then image

Fuscoe Engineering Response

Aug 2, 2016 – HR Manager

This comment is fairly dated, and I think this perspective is as well. We have taken many steps to maintain and even improve our great culture, including more interaction within groups and outside ... More

"Not for me."

Former Employee - Civil Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Civil Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Fuscoe Engineering full-time

Pros

Owner is forthcoming with company status, and wants employees to know how the company is doing with all hands meetings. He cares about the company, and is a good guy.

Cons

This review is about the San Diego office. Most of the management is incapable, and hires and promotes more unqualified management. Big difference between management and workers in respect and appreciation. No talking and employee interaction frowned upon during working hours talking on your own personal cell phone frowned upon. Can be very toxic environment. No mentoring, sometimes left to your own abilities even if they are not well suited for the task, no support during that task. When task fails due to best efforts, management looks down and blames employee that was open about not knowing how to perform said task. They do not celebrate new ideas and ways of thinking. Were not diligent about yearly reviews because some Project Managers were too busy.

Advice to Management

Personal values need to change. Environment should be more friendly to employees by allowing them some latitude, some sub managers/engineers need to be let go for creating negative environment. More mentoring, Project Mangers need to train people up to replace them. Be honest.

Fuscoe Engineering Response

Aug 2, 2016 – HR Manager

It's unfortunate to hear this perspective on the San Diego office. We have nurtured a great culture in that office and afford our staff flexibility to have a good work-life balance. We appreciate ... More