Fuse Universal Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 6, 2018

3.9
Steve Dineen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great experience and learning so much"

I have been working at Fuse Universal full-time

Pros

Been with the company for 2.5 years so really incredible to see how many changes & new processes have been implemented to really help the company grow and adapt to the year on year growth.

- Very diverse staff, probably the most diverse I've ever worked with. Also, they seem keen to balance the management team with more women, which I personally am super happy about and already seeing several new recruits & internal promotions which supports that.

- A fun vibe and people truly enjoy the company of one another.

- Zero politics. So refreshing compared to other companies I worked for in the past.

- A lot of development opportunities considering our growth and expansion to new territories.

Cons

- I would like to see more formal training in my role.

- A dynamic and fast paced company, might not be for everyone. I personally love it.

2. "Account Director"

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fuse Universal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, fun , diverse and with a great purpose

Great product

Market in the midst of transformation

Cons

Not for the faint-hearted. Growing 100% a year means we have to learn every day, so if you don't like change or learning then you will hate it here

Advice to Management

Continue to recruit the diverse leaders you have recently

"Start-up with nice but incompetent people"

I worked at Fuse Universal full-time

Pros

- atmosphere was jovial
    - pool table
    - the company has a lot of potential

Cons

- many people (including management) were incompetent
    e.g. An engineer with just over 1 year of development experience was solely designing and coding an entirely new backend feature

- the office (at the time) was pretty bad and very crowded

"Learning, succeeding and growing together"

Current Employee - Global Account Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Global Account Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fuse Universal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic office environment without the politics - which is so rare in high growth companies. The whole ethos is focused on the world class experience of the customer and work back from that point - and happy customers make for such a rewarding company atmosphere. solving real industy challenges in some of the most exciting, innovative and biggest businesses in the world gives people across the roster a wealth of experience from day one. There seems to be a genuine, almost inherent passion for what we do - and for not settling for anything less than true performance as the out for for our clients - but also for ensuring the true performance and success of the people at Fuse in any role.

Cons

Changing industry needs and a high growth atmosphere means using your initiative and being a self starter and this is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate whilst keeping up the laser focus on the little things.

"Anonymous"

I worked at Fuse Universal full-time

Pros

* Relaxed, fun environment with a pool table.
    * Nice people/ good culture.
    * Flexible hours.

Cons

* Unorganised and slightly chaotic, no real structure.
    * Poor management.
    * Casual sexism.
    * Makes unrealistic promises to clients.
    * Workflow is very often changed last minute.
    * No real career/promotion structure/room for growth.

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you promise, better management. Address the casual sexism in order for a more diverse environment.

"An incredible place to develop yourself and your career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Fuse Universal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fuse is quite simply one of the most energising, lively and fast-paced environments that you will ever experience in your career. I’ve known the Fuse Family for over five years, having worked both for and with them, and at present, they have never been in a stronger position to grow, nurture and develop their business, product and people.

In my year working for them, I saw a fantastic business model grow rapidly which, in turn, attracted some of the finest talents from across the industry. During this time of heavy recruitment of both new hires and promotional of internal talent, it was plain to see the business evolving for the greater good. One change which has made the most significant impact is the establishment of their executive team, which has grown in both scale and maturity in the past 18 months - their plans for this year and beyond are electric!

Steve now has a highly skilled, highly motivated and highly driven team at both senior and ground level who are now getting the long overdue attention of some of the biggest brands across the globe.

If you are someone looking to be part of a team where you develop yourself, your CV, make some new friends across the globe, and make an impact on the world of learning, then you should probably get in touch...

Cons

Fuse is a fast-growing company, so sometimes things are last minute. This on face value is frustrating, but if you can see through this and recognise that last minute work is for the greater good of your development and the future of the business, then it's a non-issue.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your core values, attitude and beliefs no matter how large you grow as a business. This is what makes Fuse so special - so whatever you do, never lose this.

"Fun place but bad infrastructure"

I worked at Fuse Universal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with fun family culture. Great product which is leading in the market

Cons

Dis-organised ship with no solid infrastructure. No HR function to deal with real issues. . Glossy on the surface but dis-trusting underneath.

"Frontend Developer"

Current Employee - Web Developer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fuse Universal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, interesting work and great atmosphere

Cons

unorganised and feature driven, sometimes has a bad habit of making unrealistic promises and deadlines without consulting the devs

Advice to Management

work on a proper process and follow it

"Fuse family draws you in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fuse Universal (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to work with passionate, creative, driven, somewhat crazy but amazing people everyday from diverse backgrounds is really what drew me back to fuse after living abroad for a number of years. There is always the opportunity to grow, share your ideas and develop; I have progressed through several roles throughout the years and have been truly supported by the fuse family.

It's fun, fast paced, flexible, slightly chaotic but overall Fuse is an amazing place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the lack of structure can be challenging but with a great senior team coming on board it's improving every day.

Advice to Management

Continue developing the platform to keep in line with our overall vision.
    Continue to grow Fuse staff to be the best they can be.

10. "A Hot Kitchen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Fuse Universal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work with passionate colleagues everyday, most of the time positive passion but some times angry passion but thats only because they want fuse to be better! There are always new challenges to tackle(if you're up for it), opportunities to grow into new roles and responsibilities. These pro's mainly come from fuse growing fast, processes are still being defined, which can be frustrating, but it also means you can have massive input and help shape the way you work. For me I like the chaos, the speed, the brainstorming, the hacks and the successes.

Cons

It can be slightly chaotic, but this is not going unrecognised. New hires have been made in the last six months and is ongoing to bring senior leadership and experience into the company, this has already brought steadiness and direction to a fast moving ship.

Office environment, fuse has grown so quick that the office has had to twist and contort to accommodate for an ever increasing workforce, so if your looking for a calm, sterile, spacious professional environment and don't expect to dodge a pool ball now and again then fuse may not tick that crisp box.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and continue bringing in the right people to grow fuse inline with our passion and beliefs.