Fusion Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Brown

"QA Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Fusion Alliance (More than a year)

Pros

1. Pretty decent transparent ops
    2. Respect for employees
    3. Great knowledgeable colleagues
    4. Allow space for growth

Cons

none what so ever. my experience is great

Advice to Management

great

"Management Doesn't Get it"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Fusion Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and established clients

Cons

Management team looks at employees as just a billable asset and does not invest in career growth

"Great Company With Integrity In a Challenging Industry"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Development Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fusion Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High degree of loyalty to both clients and employees. Consultants are not cut loose the minute they stop billing at a client. Lots of freedom of expression. Everybody at every level of management is very open and approachable, all the way to the top. Seen several programmers (including myself) completely reinvent their skill sets at no small cost with management's strong support. Mistakes, once understood and corrected, are generously forgiven. Emphasis on integrity and doing the right thing for the client even when the right thing isn't the most profitable thing.

Cons

Company has a bit of identity crisis balancing internally managed projects with staffing work. Desire to do right by clients sometimes makes it hard to push back against unreasonable client demands. Identifying problems and opportunities often depends on consultants taking initiative to raise issues up to management.

Advice to Management

Reach out to consultants more regularly and proactively. Get active in the wider development community. Build a reputation in the community for competence and innovation to support your authority when talking to clients.

"No longer a great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fusion Alliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Computer systems have been greatly updated.

2. As long as you're billable, it's a steady paycheck.

3. Corporate services personnel are generally easy to work with with the exception of the executives administrative assistant.

Cons

When I was hired approximately five years ago, I specifically selected this company because it was locally owned and the culture was authentic. For the first three years, I would have rated Fusion Alliance within the 4-5 star range.

When Fusion Alliance acquired Quick Solutions, everything changed.

The perception of employees in both Indianapolis and in Cincinnati is that Quick Solutions acts like they acquired Fusion Alliance instead of the other way around. This is an extremely important observation because the authentic culture has been overridden with a stale, corporate-like wasteland. The values that used to be embraced by Fusion Alliance - Teamwork, Humbleness, Honesty, and Transparency - have been replaced with Ego, Elitism, Favoritism, and Illusions.

For the past two years, morale has steadily declined and attrition has increasingly risen. All surveys that have been administered to employees comes back with the same key messaging.

1. Communication is lacking up, down, and across.
    2. No career advancement available.
    3. Expectation that any training or other improvement opportunities need to occur on top of billable work.

No actions have been taken to address these top concerns. Instead, surveys continue to be pushed out to employees and it's as if Management is hoping that the feedback miraculously changes.

Another big change to pass on. Fusion Alliance in the past, pushed more for solutions-based project work. The emphasis now is the Quick Solutions model (of staff augmentation).

Prior to the acquisition of Quick Solutions, Fusion Alliance was challenged in the area of career advancement. There was generally a preference for hiring externally instead of promoting within. Additionally, the perception was that white males were being given preferential treatment for promotional opportunities. These two negatives have been amplified post Quick Solutions acquisition.

After everything I have written in this space, you may be curious as to why I'm still a current employee.

Part of me doesn't want to give up hope that we will return to our core values. Additionally, I am now reviewing other opportunities outside of Fusion Alliance. If I am able to find a company that embraces the values that I was originally hired into (at Fusion Alliance), then I will move on.

Advice to Management

1. Honesty and Transparency matter.
    2. Communication is non-negotiable.
    3. Hiding behind "we are a private company" as the reason why you don't open up promotional opportunities to all employees is cowardly.

"Can't trust your job security regardless of how hard you work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Independence, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Independence, KY

I worked at Fusion Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to feel good and and believe that you are part of a family, then this is a good place to be. Bench time does give you a chance to catch your "breath", take courses to stay current or get in front of technology, and reconnect with colleagues.

Cons

No matter how hard you work, no matter what accolades you receive from clients, and no matter how much education you have or pursue, getting an opportunity to move to a role you have passion for is pretty much impossible. There is a significant barrier between Fusion's Digital organization and the rest of the organization. Even if you have experience and training the digital space if you are hired as a PM or BA that is where you will stay. Period.
    And there is no job security. You have no opportunity to counter hints of negative feedback that don't get raised until just before you are walked out the door. Instead you are walked out with bus tracks and a knife if your back.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of wherever they are and see how much damage middle management is doing to your reputation. You are not a best place to work and haven't been for a while. That award is rendered meaningless when highly-skilled employees are cut loose with no warning.

"Best place to work, if you enjoy politics."

Former Employee - User Experience Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - User Experience Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Fusion Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent compensation, and had some very talented coworkers.

Cons

Fusion gives you the buy-in that it's the best working environment in Indy's tech industry. However, once you're vested in the culture of the company, you get to witness the political underside to this company. Favoritism is normative, and empty promises are rampant. At any moment in time, some of the hardest working employees are terminated without explanation, or worse; false premise. If you're a "yes man", you'll thrive at this company, if you're a change-maker, look elsewhere. Upper management does not like to be questioned, even if the employee feedback is asked for or in the best interest of Fusion. They've lost several of their best resources and clients due to their "churn and burn" mentality. While I was there, I witnessed outright abusive statements made by a middle manager to a group of employees. Personally I would not recommend this place.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing your employees and try to focus on making it better culture. They are people, not numbers. Your company is getting a bad reputation and soon you're going to have issues hiring in new talent.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fusion Alliance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company is growing which provides security and excellent opportnities. Most co-workers are a pleasure to work with and are friendly and smart.

Cons

Only thing I can think of to watch out for is high insurance premuims

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the support, transparency, and great work.

"Experienced but not very flexible"

Former Employee - Experience Architect in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Experience Architect in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fusion Alliance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well established agency with strong clients and top-tier professional mentors, good motivation and career growth potential.

Cons

Takes a staffing approach to delegating resources to clients leading to isolation, impacting work quality.

Advice to Management

Encourage sales to work directly with resources in defining engagement opportunities with clients.

"Nice place"

Former Employee - Prog/Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Prog/Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Friendly folks and Civil atmosphere in the office.

Cons

Cincy office felt like a satellite. News about my project that was Indy centered was sketchy.

Advice to Management

Collaboration tools for remote people should be used if you can't be there F2F.

"Conservative company, run by partiality"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Fusion Alliance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fusion Alliance has several key partnerships in the Indianapolis area that have been the pillar stones to their business. This allows for exposure in the IT consulting industry; however, with such high dependency on a hand full of companies they always put the client first which deprioritizes the development and growth of their own employees. Unfortunately, where there opportunities for growth in the company it typically goes towards those in the ‘inner circle’ which often isolates talent who come to Fusion looking for upward career opportunities that other in the industry can offer.

Cons

As you start your job you will hear plenty of people tell you you have full control over your career and they want you to be a leader, but as time goes by, you realize that is not true. What I found when I expressed my opinion is that you get further excluded and ignored, which causes an unsupportive working community.

Advice to Management

Continuing to ignore diversity of thought in the company will have negative impacts on your business. Deprioritizing employee development in Fusion speaks volumes on the company and more importantly the people about the values for the integrity that leadership holds themselves accountable to. Deal with issues head on instead of brushing it in under the rug and hoping it works itself out or someone quits.