Fusionex Employee Reviews about "lrt"

Updated Jan 26, 2020

Found 5 of over 229 reviews

3.4
Fusionex Managing Director / CEO Ivan Teh
Ivan Teh

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

204.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Fusionex~642034
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "lrt"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Decent experience

Jan 26, 2020 - Senior Software Consultant in Petaling Jaya
    Business Outlook

Pros

- hard work pays off here (e.g getting early confirmation, promotion) - had a great PM and helpful team members to guide and learn from each other - super comfortable office (apart from the bad location-15minutes walk from LRT) - opportunity to travel - good benefits (dinner insurance etc)

Cons

- stingy, no bonus no incentive (during my employment) - having to work 24x7 (not an issue since there's a decent allowance for it, just stating here for the weaks)

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fresh Grad View

May 24, 2017 - Consultant in Petaling Jaya
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and friendly staff working here. Good teamwork. Even you newly join and freshly grad, others team member still listen your opinion, even team leads. Free dinner everyday if stayback 45 minutes and free shuttle bus to LRT station.

Cons

Mostly alot things you need to learn by own self to completed task. Seniors help alot but I feel bad if always everything dunno do then go ask senior. Not so nice also if like that all the times.

12 people found this review helpful

Team Fusionex

Hi, first of all we'd like to extend a warm welcome to the Fusionex family. Thanks also for taking the time to reach out to us. We take note of your constructive suggestions and will look to improve where we can. Goodluck in your Fusionex career!

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fond Memory

May 15, 2017 - Solutions Architect in Petaling Jaya
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Dinner (have to stayback 45 mins to enjoy free dinner, is okay and fair lar) Free Movies (usually Superheroes movie) & monthly birthday party Free Shuttle to LRT station (go and come back from office) You learn a lot in Fusionex – always got things to do. Depends on project, you can travel to others country. Management is nice and caring, colleagues are fun and nice

Cons

Very very very busy : too many OT when project near go live date.

17 people found this review helpful

Team Fusionex

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. We are happy that you have fond memories of Fusionex and we would like to wish you all the best in your future undertakings!

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Perspective from a tiny potato

May 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some extremely biased and hateful reviews recently, thought I might as well join in the party and share some of my biased opinions toward the company. Know your priorities and figure out if this company is a good fit for you, I hope my perspective can help you to figure that out. 1) Salary; Higher than average starting salary. Know your numbers before going for interview. I would advise first googling the average pay for the position you're applying for and work it out from there by adding the values you can add to the company. P.S: I never did my research, well you know how that ends. 2) Increments; Pretty good increments, the project/department you're working on will have high impact on your increments. Take part in discussion or meeting, no matter how good you are, it would means nothing if there are nobody there to take notice. Some peoples think that clocking more non-standard hours (OT, as a lot of people work more than 40 hours) will increase your increment, I don't think that helps much because working longer hours doesn't mean you're good at it and it might sounds like you're incompetent with your job, instead try to focus more on your values to the company. 3) Amenities; You can pretty much find almost all of the things you need around the office area. There are shopping mall, cinema, gym, LRT and etc within walking distance. Within the office, there are gym, entertainment room, karaoke room, gaming console, sleeping pod and auditorium. Did I also mentioned you're also entitled to shuttle and free dinner? 4) Opportunities; You will work under minimum supervision, almost anything goes as long you get proper permission or documentation. Most of the COE and directors are understanding person, they don't really care who you are as long as your solutions can help solves their problems and bring in profit. Some people just wanted to present a solutions that are 10x more difficult to feed their ego that they're a superior intelligent being, keep your solutions simple and understandable will goes a long way for both your sanity and career path. 5) Talent management; They're always there to help should any issues arise, as long as you're willing to talk with them. A lot of people are unwilling to seek their help, probably because some of them sounds intimidating or people usually have the misconception that they're there to oppress them for the company. My advice, if you have any issues with your working environment or team, talk to them and see what they arrange for you, they're there to help both you and the company to have a longer lasting relationship, losing talent can be costly. 6) Benefits; While not the highest, I think the benefits are quite flexible especially after they merged the various benefits into one single health benefit. There are also various other benefits depending on the year you served and the position you held in the company. Company might also reward you with stock options depending on how well you did although the company stocks has reduced significantly in values compared to its peak value.

Cons

1) Toilets; It seems that nobody talks about this topic, but the condition of toilets in Fusionex is a little less than desirable. E.g; There are at least of one urinal clogged on each floor almost all the time, some toilet seats are misaligned making it hard to sit properly, toilet seats are not placed back to original position after being used, water puddle in the toilet or on washing basin. These are collective responsibilities for all employees but not many seems to care. 2) Notice period; The notice periods are extremely long, ranging between 3 and 6 months from what I do know. If you leave within 4 months after getting your bonus, it will be forfeited. You're compensated with 1 month salary if company decides to retrench you. After talking with some peoples, it seems that the norm of notice period are between 2 and 3 months, and they can choose to leave the company anytime after getting their bonus without any consequences. However, from what I know, HR are willing to help negotiate shorter notice period provided your higher up are willing to let you go, chances are that you're still required to served the full length of the notice period. 3) Working environment; Depending on the project/department you're working for, you might need to work in VM. I'm extremely frustrated to work in the VM as there are tons of restriction and performs sluggishly. Take that into account when applying for a job here especially if you've never worked in a VM before. 4) Experience; If you're planning to learn stuff in this company, I would advise to look elsewhere. Like any other large corporation, legacy codes and practises are passed down almost decade ago. While there are some initiatives to move toward newer practises and standard, things are moving quite slowly, there are better place out there to learn. If however, you're a seasoned developers and planning to build your career path by bringing over your knowledge, chances are that this is the right place for you. 5) Politics; A healthy amount of politics will drive the company to do better but it doesn't seems to work that well, at the very least from my perspective. Resources allocations and implementations are sometimes restricted due to power struggle from higher ups, causing delays and quality of the deliverable. The politic seems to intensifies recently due to the implementation of meritocracy system. On the bright side, most developers are not directly affected by the political struggle nor aware of it. 6) Leave policy; The latest leave policy is a disaster. Combining annual leave with emergency and medical leave. Leaves can no longer be carried forward, a lot of people have tons of leaves because they've worked overtime, especially those in the product teams and now they're forced to either forfeit some if not all of their leaves depending on the urgency of their work.

13 people found this review helpful

Team Fusionex

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us. Don’t demean yourself by calling yourself a tiny potato. Success comes in all shapes and sizes; Remember, the mighty oak tree was at one point in time, a nut like…. anyway, moving on before we get carried away on hyperboles 😊 We appreciate the feedback and thanks for the compliments as well. Some people don’t like long responses, but we thought you would prefer for us to address the complaints that you raised. Do take it purely as clarification, it’s not meant in any way to be an attack on you or defensiveness on our part. Again, we appreciate your views and opinions and we do note that you are trying to give a balanced viewpoint, so please don’t take any of the following the wrong way: (1) Toilets: Yes, we agree hygiene is very important and something that everybody has to collectively be responsible for, not just the charming cleaner ladies! Anyhow we will also raise this to our ever-suffering admin team to try and improve. (2) Notice periods: Appreciate this is a pain point from an employee perspective. Unfortunately notice periods really differ and depend on the industry, your seniority and your level of exposure. Frankly, we aren’t sure what can be done here unless the industry that we work in changes its practice. But hopefully all can take this positively in this sense: if your recruiting company values you that much, they would be happy to offer a buyout for the notice or if need be, wait for you! Fusionex has offered that many times for valued staff that we take on board, and HR has also respected the notice periods (sometimes even longer than ours!) of other companies. (3) Working Environment: Yes it’s true that no single one style of working environment appeals to everyone. You have already rightly pointed out that the point you raised depends on the project/department that you are in, so that’s fair. (4) Experience: Erm… don’t quite understand this. On one hand, you refer to us as a large corporation and imply that large corporations are not a great place to ‘learn stuff’ (we believe you probably mean learn from seniors as opposed to learning independently). If that’s the case, are you saying that it’s better to join startups/smaller companies if you want to learn stuff from seniors? But then again, isn’t it a given that startups/smaller companies require you to ‘learn on the go’, i.e. more independently? We know you mean well, but perhaps you could give a thought about this? (5). Politics: Hmm…you sure you’ve been only with us for less than a year? Because… 😝 On a more serious note, if the meritocracy system encourages politics, then there is something very wrong with it, either with respect to the system itself, or a misunderstanding of how the system is supposed to work. The fact that we are geared towards meritocracy is in direct contradiction with politics and power struggle. Hopefully this is something we can all fine-tune together. (6) Leave policy: There may be some confusion. Annual leaves are not combined with medical leaves. Yes, emergency leaves are part of annual leaves but that’s because ELs are essentially annual leaves taken at short notice. Appreciate that employees may prefer to carry leaves forward, but with your point that a lot of people are working overtime, isn’t better to follow the HR policy which encourages all staff to take leave and utilise their leave in the same year from time to time? Makes for a healthier or balanced lifestyle rather than a system that encourages ‘hoarding’ of leave which may never get utilised and enjoyed by the staff, since there is no ‘subtle push’ for them to use the leave, no? Hopefully that gives a different perspective of what HR intends? (7) Transparency: We agree that transparency is important. Unfortunately, rumours are bound to happen and are often outside our control, as evident from the perception arising from the meritocracy system that was rolled out. We will say this: there were NO locking of employees; there were NO threats made; and there were no staff asked to leave / retrenched WITHOUT notice or payment in lieu of notice. We know it’s difficult, but we do hope that you keep the faith with us. It’s difficult to dispel such wild rumours, especially when the rumours are not floated upwards in a professional and proper manner. But thank you for bringing this to our attention and for us to hopefully lay this matter to rest. Again, do keep the faith! Hope that addresses some of your worries or concerns to rest. All the best in your Fusionex career, and again, thanks for sharing. *showing peace sign*

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Honest Review ( my personal experience )

Apr 16, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Petaling Jaya
    Business Outlook

Pros

-High Pay(used to), -High increment for those who have a very good review, -Friendly collegue -Nice office, -Birthday event every end of month, -Great facilities, -Great benefits, -Good place to learn new stuff,(self learn) -Training provided (if willing to bond with company for months and years) -Shutter provided if take LRT, -Dinner provided(not sure pro or con)

Cons

-Always place a wrong talent on a wrong projects, -Some higher up dont know what they are doing, usually just asking someone with experience and in the end it became their ideas, -Spend way too much money on useless equipment, while spend way too less money on developers machines or PM level presentation machine, -While you are role in multiple projects, dont expect to have a good reveiew as multiple PM never end up good, you have to work your way through (overtime) to get good review on both sides, -Lack of resources, as more resources are rolling off and laid off, -Laid off without any warning in advance, -Parking issues, -Bad managements

8 people found this review helpful

Team Fusionex

Hi there. The team isn't perfect but hopefully you are aware that there are many that genuinely try to do the right thing. Unfortunately, the right choice is not always the popular choice, especially with the company focusing more now on meritocracy, and sadly good intentions also get distorted quite often. But if you are still with us, there's a good chance that your contributions are appreciated, so please don't give up and let's all work together to make things better!

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews