Future Electronics Reviews in Canada | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Future Electronics CEO Robert Miller
Robert Miller

Pros
  • Great people, nice amenities, good work environment (in 16 reviews)

• Strong business model, great people, global company, competitive salary, (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much time wasted on getting in required talk time rather than focusing on making sales (in 11 reviews)

• Company should have more flexibility so that employees could have better work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

1. "Administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

I worked at Future Electronics full-time

Pros

Great life balance! Did not have to work more than 40 hrs as said by Mr.Miller himself in order to spend time with my family. However, I think he forgot to tell his upper management about his policy. I got the best training during my working hours and all the personal/vacation time required to take my medical appointments/vacation. Good food at the cafeteria and my 1 hour lunch allowed me to take power walks outside to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

- Too much yelling on the floor to be able to concentrate on my work. (You might consider having a war room in a isolated area in the company in order to accommodate the employees that are actually trying to work.)

Advice to Management

- Be more accountable for your mistakes instead of covering up mistakes
    - Consider having employees do charity work in order to give back to the community
    - Excessive competition instead of team building does create a toxic environment
    - Improve communication
    - HR forgot to give me an exit interview
    - More flexibility required
    - Recommend having a negotiating course for women in the workplace
    - Send management on stress management courses - the people that actually need it do not show up

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Future Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gym and Nurse on site are very nice, and some of the directors can teach you a lot about selling and relationship management

Cons

IT systems are out of date, VP of sales is under qualified for the position, support teams are evaluated with the forced ranking systems. Commission cap is enforced regularly, ceiling for career growth in sales is very low

Advice to Management

Update your IT systems, to avoid duplication of work, and provide more sales training to your sales force.

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Future Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, free gym, even though a little small; good cafeteria with good food; free parking, even though part of it is a little far

Cons

long hours, schedule not very flexible, too much time spent on measuring people which in turn results in people spending too much time trying to look good on paper

Advice to Management

reward the hard-working people, do a better job at identifying them, as opposed to advancing the ones that know or have good relationships with the "right" people

5. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent salary if you put in a couple of years of sweat. Gym, cafeteria. Fun environment.

Cons

Micro Managers. Management is constantly changing compensations structure.

Advice to Management

Less Micro Managing and more encouragement.

6. "Company"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Nice company to work for, with great career opportunities

Cons

Feels a bit like working in a factory at times, having to clock in and out and mgt then checking your time sheets, despite the fact that you probably work 50 hours a week

Advice to Management

Trust your employees more, and get rid of the factory mentality

"Maybe good as a first job"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer decent benefits. There is a gym and a good cafeteria with decent food. They have a big car park and they also offer a free bus service from Montreal to the company and back.

Cons

Salaries are not the best. Long working hours. Not very flexible. Management style is very particular depending on which department you work.

Advice to Management

You cannot generalize but a lot of them are very arrogant. No room for growth. Lots of internal politics and backstabbing.

"Component Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Future Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free gym, reasonable cafeteria, free coffee and tea, shuttle bus from downtown

Cons

Working hour is very long, from 8:30 to 5:30, with traffic everyday from west island, feel like working 13 hours a day! They always require you to work on public holiday time, need 75% coverage, and take another day off. Personally I don't like it, on public holiday time, bus and metro are running holiday schedule, besides, all your family and friends are off, but you are working? Seriously? Is it necessary? Othet big company never do this. Public holiday is public holiday. Sitting there during holiday time is just waste of time as people from other departments are reduced staff too, what can you proceed? Management is micro management style, I feel like I an a pupil in secondary school, always come to ask you if you have done this and that....The way to accumulate vocation time is so not human, you can accumulate 10 hours each month, which means you can't have it until you work for a while. What if I get something urgent? Generally, they don't care the employees as they state, as your first job is ok. Most of employees here are english speaking people, a lot are immigrants, so they give very low salary but actually these immigrants have much higher credentials than their local employees! They just take advantages of these new comers as they need a job.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees, try your best if you want to keep these young talents, otherwise it is only a gas station on highway, no really smart high degree people will stay there.

"Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is challengiing. I was able to move up within the company. Company supported me in continuing my education and getting my degree.

Cons

Left because I found same job with higher pay closer to my house

"HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Future Electronics (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing work/life balance.

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

"SALES"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Company rewards those who are loyal and work hard.

Cons

Needs to me more relaxed communication between the program managers and team leaders.The meetings are not effective because people are defensive and instead should be working together.