Future Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Future Electronics CEO Robert Miller
Robert Miller

Pros
  • Great people, great training, good experience (in 18 reviews)

• Strong business model, great people, global company, competitive salary, (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much time wasted on getting in required talk time rather than focusing on making sales (in 11 reviews)

• Company should have more flexibility so that employees could have better work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

1. "company review"

Former Employee - Receiving in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Receiving in Memphis, TN

I worked at Future Electronics (More than 5 years)

Pros

you get paid vacation time and benefits

Cons

unnecessary overtime don't get credit for incentive when worked overtime

Advice to Management

needs new management

"Awful place to work."

Former Employee - SAM

Pros

Good Commissions (sometimes), Good salary

Cons

Worst place ever. They let everyone go after a couple years if you're new. Lie to get you fired.

"Laughable Management"

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Can't keep a strong line card. Management has a broker mindset.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't hear if you spoke. Their heads are too far........

"Why does Future keep losing lines?????"

Former Employee - SAM

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is hard to think of any, but building relationship's with co-workers

Cons

Where to start??
    No direction from upper management
    Sell lines where upper management has most stock in
    Weak line card, losing major lines left and right
    Bad image with in the industry
    Lack of experience with managers
    Everyone is out for themselves, no TEAM concept what so ever
    Marketing has no idea how to quote a customer, they just try get their GP with out communicating with other marketer's. Meaning they quote by line, not total package. Sales knows our customer's has we interact everyday with them. To marketer's they are just a number.
    The quote high and try and get last look on everything is a joke. You know what you're winning business at, so just quote that price. Our competition INS team can see what they are winning business at and losing business at and quote according. They Also, do it FAST.
    There are at least 10 different promo's going at one time, how can you keep up with that?
    Not enough selling tool's for the field to help sell to customer's. Everyone just wants a BOM to quote, just a waist a time. I bet our success rate is below 20% on each quote.
    Can think of a market where Future is at least 20% of the DTAM in that market.
    A lot of people have never worked at another disty, so they think the Future way is the only way. If you poll the people, I bet most would say they are here for a pay check and waiting for something to change to get a little passion back in the company.
    I can't count how many times I have walked into a customer walk in with bad news that someone messed up and your order was shipped to another customer.
    When a customer say's to you.. What does your INS rep do??? They have someone quote for them, Someone enter orders, Someone expedite for them, and I am just finding out the day my order was to ship that's it not.. How do you answer that???? Stop training on how great future is, and start training on sending open order reports, crossing parts, how to do a qbr in front of a customer, how customer's business models work what they are looking for, how supply chain works (TAC), I'm sure 75% of the people have no idea what TAC means and how it works.
    Give the GM the power to make a decision on the spot, it's embarrassing when you have to walk out of a meeting and say, I will check on that for you. Maybe if you had a true P&L for each branch and paid the GM's off that, you would see Free shipping drop, expenses go down, RMA's slow up. GM's would pick the right customer's and get the right people working for them if it was hitting their pocket. Oh yeah, Pay them off GP dollars and watch the GP inch upward.

Advice to Management

You better change the moral of this company, as you know people are starting to leave left and right and just bad mouthing Future with everyone. Future's Image is know as a big broker in the industry and we all know you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. The company is great success story, and Robert is true success story. I would hate to see this all go away over stupid little internal changes that can be made to boost moral and get passion back in the people. Think about it.. When someone leaves the company, you're starting at square one again, a CEO once told me, when you switch a sales person on a account, you can take 30% of your business and throw it out the window. Your competition is all over..

5. "Used to be good!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lovely premises, some really helpful and friendly people.

Cons

The company is stuck in the dark ages, and needs dragging into the 21st century. Unless you work in Marketing, your promotion prospects are nonexistent. Too many of the Senior leadership have been there so long they don't know any different, most of them are 2 faced and are only in it for themselves. Lots of jobs for "the boys". If you are one of the "in crowd" you are looked after, but very quick to fall out of it, especially if your own opinions differ to those of the management. No structure, no standards, different rules for different people. Governed by Montreal, no trust given to employees!

Advice to Management

Mr Miller - Listen to your staff, and have a very close look at what your current EMEA Management team are doing to your company before it's too late and you have no staff left!

"Terrible company and is getting worse!"

Former Employee - Asset in Egham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Asset in Egham, England (UK)

I worked at Future Electronics full-time

Pros

Some friendly people left.. hope they find another job soon.

Cons

Low pay, lack of communication, redundancies that are trying to be covered up, lack of training, people get promoted due to high turnover not because they are competent.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff!!! You will get better results if people are happier!

"Terrible Company to join"

Former Employee - FAI -Account Executive in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - FAI -Account Executive in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Future Electronics (Less than a year)

Pros

Good recognition in Semiconductor industry
    Nice office space & IT infra

Cons

Micro management
    Very little chance to move up the ladder
    Huge pressure with little support from the management

Advice to Management

Start giving more opportunities to employees rather giving them huge pressure

"Just stay away"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Future Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good cafeteria, Gym and benefits

Cons

Low moral, very disorganized.
    Very high pressure environment with little recognition

Advice to Management

Learn the people who work for you. Proper communication is key. Listen to ideas, listen to the complaints. Give incentives...

9. "Product Marketer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Opportunity to be involved in Multi-Million Dollar Quoting Opportunities
    - Strong Team Environment
    - Opportunity to interact with key members from Suppliers and Customers
    - Opportunity to learn about several industries and market trends

Cons

- Pay not proportionate to workload
    - Slow Information System
    - Lower Level Managers seemed highly unmotivated

Advice to Management

- Raise Salaries

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

I worked at Future Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, on-site nurse, many young University students, free access to small gym, free lunches during intensive sales trainings, shuttle bus from downtown to company, subsidized cafeteria - super cheap food, everyone is english, very good sales training, many sales incentives.

Cons

Disorganized management, company is far all the way in Pointe-Claire, micromanaged, got prospected by recruiter and worked there for 3 1/2 weeks before me and another guy who got hired at the same time was abruptly let go with no warning whatsoever. 1st week was mostly job shadowing (they were waiting for new guy to start so we could train at the same time), 2nd week we were put into FIST (Future Intensive Sales Training) for 2 weeks tailored for mostly outside sales reps (we were inside sales guys) and we were told we were not going to be evaluated whatsoever and were put into the program just for "exposure." 3rd week was when our real in depth inside sales training started. 2 days passed we were doing great, trainer was impressed with me. 3rd day right before lunch, we were both called into the HR office and told we were not "fit enough for the role" and were terminated immediately. We were technically evaluated for 2 days before we were deemed "unfit for the role." Pretty unfair if you ask me. We didn't even get the chance to make our first phone call yet. Very fast paced environment, if you can't keep up, you're out. Low starting salary compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

Get more organized, let new hires at least make their first phone call or proper role play before letting them go, give warnings or performance updates before terminating people,