FutureNet Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at FutureNet Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice offices, growing company, easy commute.

Cons

Should stick to what they know best.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

"Absolute worst of the worst"

Former Employee - QA Supervisor
    Former Employee - QA Supervisor

I worked at FutureNet Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I wish I could think of one

Cons

Indentured servitude would be a good title. Management does not know the difference between employee and contractor. Threatening and menacing e-mails. Absolutely no contact ever from higher ups. Run out of work CONSTANTLY. I am surprised this company is still in business, frankly. Left there for a far, far better job, which would be just about anywhere but there! Check was "lost" twice and if you live out of state, good luck getting direct deposit unless you make a certain amount of money so have to pay $25 to have it overnighted, which it often is never there until 3 to 5 days later. I could go on, but why bother. This place just stinks.

Advice to Management

Hire some real QA people. Get rid of the underqualified "supervisor". Have more POSITIVE contact with your employees/contractors. Revamp the entire organizational chart from top to bottom.

"MT/ME"

Former Employee - MT/SR Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - MT/SR Editor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FutureNet Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Huge lack of work. Supervisor was rude. Claims for more accounts to be added, but never materialize. Considered to be Independent Contractors, but treated as Employees. Schedule required. Minimum production required. Pesky phone calls when not scheduled to work, although very often no work available when a person is scheduled. Became so impossible to make an income with this company and the management truly did not care at all.

Cons

The platform was clunky. Speech Recognition pay per line was low and productivity was so difficult that income per hour decreased. You absolutely could not produce double lines on Speech Rec compared to Transcription and hence your income took a tank. Supervisor routinely sends disgracefully nasty e-mails that could not possibly encourage anyone to want to work for her. This supervisor needs to learn people skills and to deal with people who are the problem, not send everyone her nasty e-mails when they do not pertain to everyone. There is extremely minimal positive feedback. This company thrives on negativity.

Advice to Management

If management has not figured out why the place has a revolving door, there is no advice that will improve this place. Most of the management level people have been there since day one, so there is never going to be anything that can be said to improve the problems with keeping ICs or the in-house staff. This company just does not have a friendly environment whatsoever. When the majority of your working staff are off-site, it is easy for your supervisors to be nasty, as they do not have to come face-to-face with the ICs on a daily basis and therefore be accountable for their attitudes and personalities.

4. "Medical Transcriptionist"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

Pros

Management team is superb at Future-Net. I worked there off and on for many years and love everyone there.

Cons

No cons at all regarding this company, but the MT field in general has declined (in pay) over 20 years.

5. "I LOVE MY SUPERVISOR"

Former Employee - Medical Editor in Diamond Bar, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Editor in Diamond Bar, CA

I worked at FutureNet Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best supervisor ever, April Lewis, helpful, understanding, always available

Cons

Due to editing we have lost a LOT of income. Takes you longer to edit the report than it does to type one.

Advice to Management

Go back to straight typing!

6. "Good place to work."

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Diamond Bar, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Diamond Bar, CA

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An excellent supervisor, very understanding.

Cons

They are chaning their platforms to voice recognition software.

Advice to Management

I think the people who are in management are very likeable.

7. "Can't make a living wage"

Current Employee - MT/ME
    Current Employee - MT/ME

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is always on time and accurate. Workflow staff are courteous and helpful. Transcription platforms are word based and accessed via internet. Because you are an independent contractor, you can request time off and there is usually no problem. Tech support is awesome.

Cons

The voice recognition platforms are just terrible. M-Modal is cumbersome and nonproductive. There is no way to make a living on this platform. Pay is half for VR versus traditional transcription, but you absolutely cannot produce twice as many lines with either of their VR platforms, so you lose money. Supervisor has no experience with all aspects of the job and tends to be threatening in tone both on the phone and in her e-mails. Raises are unheard of. Decrease in starting pay is common. Lack of work is common.

Advice to Management

Consider sharing the company profits with the workers. Get your supervisors some training in people skills. Speech recognition is NOT twice as productive as traditional transcription. Consider all people and aspects within your company, not just your technology division - we're still here earning your company money.

8. "Contract management"

Former Employee - Webmaster in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Webmaster in Washington, DC

I worked at FutureNet Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Futurenet was able to communicate the client's needs and the company's needs to me within ethical standards. It was a 6 month contract for the development and so the maintenance phase started I knew it was time for new personnel to come in.

Cons

I was the lone employee in the contract and so it was difficult to meet others.

"This company stinks"

I have been working at FutureNet Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job is easy. Uses Microsoft Word. Flexible schedules.

Cons

Speech recognition reports that twice as long to complete. Continue to cut pay rates. Expected to KNOW what dictator means instead of what they SAY. Pay never on time, and in fact had one paycheck that bounced.

Advice to Management

Make doctors responsible/accountable for giving correct information.

"There is room for improvement"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

Pros

For the most part, transcriptionists are left alone.
    There is no problem getting time off work, vacations, doctors appointments, etc.
    Pay always on time.

Cons

No recognition.
    No appreciation for hard work.
    Some work requires extra time that is not paid for (like e-mails, research patient names, dates)
    Never ever get a raise.
    Constant account hopping making it impossible to get good pay. I barely made minimum wage.
    There are too many ESLs so you cannot be productive.
    A lot of times questions do not get answered.
    No contact with higher management.

Advice to Management

Higher management, supervisors, and QA need to be more communicative, respectful, give thank yous, give praise, give raises! Don't play favorites.