Fuze Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fuze CEO Colin Doherty
Colin Doherty

Pros
  • Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers (in 19 reviews)

• Work-life balance - flex time off, work from anywhere policy, and no guilt in taking advantage of the policies (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since there was no one on the internal team to report this incident to, I just quit (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of transparency and foresight (in 4 reviews)

1. "Passionate and competitive"

Current Employee - Product Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fun environment
    -Most people are enjoyable to work with
    -The kind of environment that will further your skills - a lot of skill/knowledge around you, which helps you grow your skills
    - Product potential has no ceiling
    - You have to be a rockstar to succeed here (this, I put in the 'Pros' column because these are the kinds of people I want to work with - the kind of people who add benefit to a larger group

Cons

-A few bad apples - people who point fingers, pass the buck, and complain as a defense mechanism due to their inability to execute their own tasks correctly

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. 95% of Fuze employees are behind the product and the decisions being made that surround it.

Ignore the few bad reviews here. As I said before, you gotta be a rockstar to work here, and these people clearly aren't rockstars. My advice to these people:

2. "A place for top performers"

Pros

- Love the people on a personal level
    - Lots of access to the leaders in the company
    - Great vision for the company
    - The company is not afraid to make changes that it believes are in the best interest of the company. Decisive action is better endless discussion.
    - Poor performers are not kept for long (which might explain some of the poor reviews)
    - The company has a really bright future
    - Lots of opportunity since it's a growing company

Cons

- The office is pretty cramped but they are moving to a bigger office soon
    - Wish I could work from home more. Not a big deal though.
    - Definitely not a good place if you can't deal with the chaos of a startup

Advice to Management

Keep executing and don't compromise quality in any aspect of the company or product. This company is going places and we are here to support you. Don't lose focus.

3. "Cutting edge SaaS company with lots of great technical minds"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative product, extremely smart technical leadership, great cooperation between teams, company is very customer focused, catered lunches, flexible schedules, very smart and driven engineers, challenging and exciting problems to work on, fast pace, excellent office location.

Cons

Working on such a complex and business critical SaaS platform can be a bit stressful at times. Some departments had previously not had great hiring practices which led to heavy turnover in those areas. It looks like at least some of the negative reviews were from previous employees who fell victim to this. Fortunately, these seem to now be resolved as the caliber of the last 10 hires in I have seen has been very high.

Advice to Management

There has been a great trend of hiring the very top people into the company. Keep this up! They are building the foundations of the company's future. Even if you have to turn down 20 candidates before you find the right one, don't drop the bar, no matter what department it is for.

4. "You have to be the best to work here, B players and below need not apply"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, great co workers. Very exciting, challenging, and agile environment. The bad reviews on here are pretty much all FORMER employees, so please do not let a jaded opinion shake your review of a company. These are folks who just couldn't cut it. Sometimes, when you're a growing company, you cannot afford to have anyone less than an 'A player. - and the fact that we try to siphon out the mediocrity, some ex-employees may be hurt that they couldn't make it. Employee satisfaction here seems really high, and (most) everyone seems to like working here. Everyone is very passionate.

Cons

Like I said, it's a challenging environment. We are making huge strides so there's always something big around the bend. If you're looking for a 'retirement' or 'run-out-the-clock' type of job = don't looks here.

Advice to Management

Be vigilant against under-performers. When you let a low quality employee hang around too long, and then they get let go - they don't understand and so they leave us bad reviews here. As soon as you see mediocrity - eradicate it.

5. "Account Exective"

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Great team to work with and inspiring management. Exciting industry and you are selling a product that is truly needed in the marketplace. People are often impressed with the functionality. Compensation is very fair-and if you go over quota you will be rewarded. Good work life balance. Couldn't say a bad thing, I would recommend to any friend!

Cons

Still very much a start-up, processes are changing all the time. You have to be understanding.

6. "The Fuzeture"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FuzeBox is an innovative and growing organization with people who are extremely passionate about what they do. Every day presents something new and exciting and the opportunity to work around people who are grade A talent is invaluable.

FuzeBox culture is fun and interactive. There is not a day that goes by that people are dancing in the hall ways or laughing so much they cry. We are a fun culture, but we get our work done and are focused on the end goal - making FuzeBox the best visual collaboration technology.

Cons

If you are used to a stagnant corporation where every day is the same -- FuzeBox is not the place for you.

7. "Competitive, fun, driven environment"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Really fun work environment. Yet at the same time, everyone is really hungry and driven to succeed.

Cons

Some may find the competitive environment a little daunting. That's just Tech Sales in general though. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money, but you get put under the spot-light if you don't put up good numbers.

8. "Working at FuzeBox has been the best job in my life!"

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at FuzeBox are awesome to work with. It is a fun environment. The dress is casual which I love. Everyone seems to like everyone. You don't hear any gossip. The potential for growth is out of this world. That alone is the reason I am working here. It has the potential to grow into a super power company. And most importantly the CEO cares about the employees.

Cons

FuzeBox is growing fast and going through typical growing pains. It means sometimes you have to work harder until the company can catch up with hiring. But we are hiring like crazy! And that is also very exciting!

Advice to Management

Have more all hands meetings to keep everyone up to date on the great things that are coming and happening. Department heads, remember that communication with other departments on changes you are making can affect others. Think about it before you do it and who it will affect.

9. "Don't let disgruntled ex employees spoil the truth"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Killer Product, great culture, fun team, customers love the product and our people

Cons

lot of work to get done. we need more marketing!

Advice to Management

invest in marketing and fast because this market is screaming for our solutions

10. "Great, innovative and growing company"

Current Employee - Major Account Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Major Account Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome product!
    Cool culture!
    Tons of growth opportunities!
    Win as a team, lose as a team

Cons

None that I can think of