Fuze Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Fuze CEO Colin Doherty
Colin Doherty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers (in 19 reviews)

• Work-life balance - flex time off, work from anywhere policy, and no guilt in taking advantage of the policies (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since there was no one on the internal team to report this incident to, I just quit (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of transparency and foresight (in 4 reviews)

1. "Dynamic Company That Really Cares About Employees"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fast-growth ... which means tons of career opportunity for Fuzers
    - Open, collaborative and transparent culture
    - I feel that the leadership team is invested in developing people -- training, regular performance reviews, compensation discussions, company-wide updates, etc.
    - I love what we do -- bringing modern communications to our customers via the cloud.
    - It's a fun place to work, especially in our cool new Copley Sq offices
    - Incredibly large market, dominated by slow-moving dinosaurs like Cisco, Avaya and Microsoft. We are seen as the innovative disruptor in the marketplace.
    - Talented and experienced exec team. I am especially impressed by the Brians -- CFO and CMO, and CEO Colin. This is a welcome change from the previous regime of crazy, angry people who were all fired for burning through too much money and bad/dishonest behavior.

Cons

- Some of our back-end systems need work. The company is growing very fast and hasn't slowed down to invest and upgrade things like the billing system.
    - Too many snacks in the kitchens. Addicted to the chocolate-covered pretzels. Luckily, we are close to several gyms and Soul Cycle.

Advice to Management

- Continue to invest in product innovation. This is a very fast-moving category. We must stay ahead and continue to lead the market.
    - We really need to rebuild the sales org as soon as possible. I'm excited that we have a new sales leader. But we need more sales capacity to continue our growth.
    - Customer care and support need more attention. We have tons of happy customers, but we need to do a better job of working with them to get problems resolved quickly.

"The organization to develop yourself"

Pros

Fuze is THE organization if you are eager to learn and want the right opportunities to develop yourself. In this dynamic environment, you can take on additional projects and work with a motivated and inspiring team.

Cons

It is a changing environment and if you prefer to work in a steady environment, it might be challenging.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job with engaging with all employees and traveling to the countries!

"Great company culture"

Former Employee - Trainer in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Trainer in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is highly supportive and all people are willing to work to get things done

Cons

You may have to potentially work long days, quite often

4. "A company with a great vision, and a healthy culture"

Former Employee - Director, Channel Sales Management in Meudon (France)
    Former Employee - Director, Channel Sales Management in Meudon (France)

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great package, experienced leadership team, great solution offerings with a compelling value proposition, people management, sales proficiency to address Enterprise customers. My best professional experience so far !

Cons

Fighting against Giants such as Microsoft, in a very competitive market. Not yet successful in all key countries. Pre-ipo so need to be careful with the spending.

Advice to Management

Keep going !

Jul 17, 2017 – Director

Thanks for sharing some info about your experience at Fuze!

5. "Hoping for a buyout that's not coming"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation package and benefits. Product improving in leaps and bounds. Mostly good people to work with.

Cons

Where to start... Don't trust the goals/KPI's set by management, they won't be there in a year given the revolving door. New CEO/CFO/Board members let alone the massive changes in sales mgr/director level over 2016/17. Burning through funding (look at the huge repetitive rounds) leaving options likely worthless. Sales process is designed for million dollar deals and doesn't suit a territory with smaller opportunities.

Massively crowded market with Microsoft and Cisco close to establishing a dominant position similar to AWS/Microsoft in IAAS cloud.

Advice to Management

Sell to a bigger fish ASAP. At a minimum take the hand cuffs off the sales team and trust them to decide when to POC much earlier in the sales cycle.

Jul 17, 2017 – Director

We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. There has been a lot of change within the company over the past 18 months, including bringing on the right team to take us to the next level of... More

""I think, therefore I phone" - Polycom VVX 300"

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Fast paced company positioned at the forefront of an inevitably emerging market. Relatively new upper management with goals of creating a sustainable situation that can handle current challenges at hand and achieve future growth. Countless opportunities for employees to gain real workplace experience on a daily basis. Truly great product which underlies my belief in this company.

Cons

A prior period of rapid growth has left a bit of a mess and a burntout staff in it's wake. Although progress is being made on a daily basis, there is still a good amount of work to be done to get things right.

Advice to Management

Learn from the lessons of the past and continue to strengthen back end processes that will be able to handle tomorrows challenges . More open collaboration and flow of information between departments (middle mgmt), every step in the process has the potential to have a positive or negative future impact on someone else down the line. Don't undervalue the talent and first hand Fuze experience of the current employees - make the effort to engage and listen to people to better understand what they are facing.

Jun 23, 2017 – Director

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. You are right in that we're focused on making changes nearly every day to help push the company forward. Work is being done to prioritize the most... More

"Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - RSM in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - RSM in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity in a hot market
    Fast growing company with plenty of room for growth
    Management gets involved with the deals; not spreadsheet managers
    Great coaching from management; if you are coachable and looking to be coached then this is the place for you.
    Pay is great and quota is realistic...lots of reps hitting their numbers
    Management is willing to go the extra mile to get deals done

Cons

No real major cons to speak of. Like any fast growing companies, there are challenges that present themselves because of fast growth, but those are great "problems" to have because they are a result of success.

Advice to Management

Continue to work toward the common goal(s) and continue with the development sessions.

8. "Amazing Company, Product, and People"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being in sales, my review has that slant.
    - Awesome market potential. $30 Billion addressable market with low penetration by top players
    - Product with major competitive differentiation
    - Strong sales culture. Value based sales program that differentiates from low-quality competition.
    - Incoming senior leadership (CEO, CFO, Legal, HR, CIO, etc) are great leaders and have company poised for an IPO
    - Opportunities for promotion with consistent performance. Some people have been promoted twice in 2.5-3 years. Great work is rewarded with great compensation and future opportunities
    - With a growing company, many options for jobs outside of the one hired to perform.
    - Flexible work locations

Cons

- With a fast growing company, there are sometimes speed bumps. Fuze has face a few of those and came out stronger each time Colin and team have remedied this situation.
    - I wish I came to Fuze months earlier.

Advice to Management

Follow Colin's lead. He knows what he is doing.
    Always enable the sales team but not to the detriment of other departments.
    Open more Fuze offices in major cities with local sales and implementation teams.

"Exciting Times Ahead"

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The business is growing rapidly, in line with Market needs. The Fuze platform is improving every quarter, and customers are reaping the benefits of a truly unified platform. There are exciting times ahead, and I'm looking forward to the next 12-18 months.

Cons

Sales growth creates some challenges, so the Support organization need to catch up, to ensure that customers remain happy with the level of service they signed up for.

Advice to Management

All very positive. The Executive changes, made in 2017, have been a breath of fresh air.

10. "Decent Company"

I worked at Fuze full-time

Pros

The company is growing rapidly. A very laid back environment.

Cons

It is also bad that it is growing very fast. There are so many changes in staff, processes, and policies.

Jun 9, 2017 – Director

You got it right that we are growing very quickly. The pace of change isn't for everyone and our executive team is working hard to prioritize the most pressing issues for resolution. We're all... More