Fuze Reviews | Glassdoor

Fuze Reviews

Updated April 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers (in 19 reviews)

• Work-life-balance seems to be a REAL thing here (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Since there was no one on the internal team to report this incident to, I just quit (in 7 reviews)

• There doesn't seem to be a life work/life balance and the lack of ethical practices amongst key areas of the company (in 4 reviews)

"Current Employee (2 years)"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible Schedule
    -Remote ability

Cons

-Pay is not equal to amount of work and performance, underpaid and no raise consideration
    -No room for moving up the ladder
    -No internal training program (self-taught)
    -Poor work life balance

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams. Pay employees what they are worth and for merit achievements. Provide proper internal training and process development. Trust your team with information and dont close management ranks too quickly.

"below average"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

sales training, good hires. MEDDICC was great as the company wanted it used all the time and kept evolving for it.

Cons

Lead generation from in house team was 1 meeting every 2 months
    Zero marketing created leads
    Non-existent channel produced 2 leads
    Customer success handled from corporate office without a leader
    Customer implementation would move, product, misguided expectations.
    Revolving door for middle management
    Unhappy customers.
    Brutally competitive space: RingCentral, 8x8, Shoretel, Avaya, Cisco, regional partners. And that's just a few of them.
    Poorly defined territory maps for sales teams to pursue
    Every $1 you make in commission will be a knife fight.
    You will be wooed by "we only have champions here" until you realize that is to cover up for poor product and poor process.

Advice to Management

fraternity class pins for all!

Dec 14, 2016 – Director

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our sales training program. Sales enablement has been a big focal point this year, including MEDDIC ... More

"Don't believe the Fuze hype if you're in sales- It's all smoke and mirrors."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cloud company

Decent Product(s)

Good financial backing (for now)

Fairly good sales methodology

High base pay in comparison to others in sector

Cons

Where do I start? If you are in sales, RUN AWAY!!!

They are better at recruiting than at leading a sales organization. They will come after you with a slick pitch and big promises, but the fact is that less than 5% of reps are hitting their number. They are trying to force fit a MEDDIC/Force Management process from PTC and BladeLogic, failing and taking down careers, families, with them.

Maybe 5-8 RSMs total are hitting their number after a rah rah blowout half a million dollar + sales conference in Vegas in Jan of 2016. One regional team in USA has gone from nine people to two in the last 6 months. Terrible middle management and RVP structure. Completely over hired yet did not listen to their own sales teams as territories shrunk to unsustainable levels. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and people are getting let go or being put on plans by no fault of their own. Frat boy culture is terrible. Product is a commodity and new interface is pretty much a a rip off Slack interface. Despite what they will tell you, the field is crowded with both UCaaS players and other Giants like Microsoft & Cisco. They will point to the failures of Avaya, but really, the others will eat Avaya's lunch before Fuze ever will.

Yet nobody has the courage to stand up to the sales leadership because they run the company.

Lots of chest pounding, alpha male type bravado.

If you are a sales professional, go elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Treat sales professionals like adults & listen to what they tell you as feedback. Hold area directors and VPs accountable for how they lead. Culture is everything and frankly, Fuze culture is terrible.

"Business Development Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to condense 3-5 years of skill learning into 1-2. Awesome people, fairly laid back for a sales team. unlimited vacation, free lunch on thursdays, stock options, impressive senior leadership.

Cons

reputation in the marketplace, no clearly defined career development, lots of turn over across the sales org since summer 2016.

Advice to Management

Sell to Microsoft

Dec 14, 2016 – Director

It’s great to hear that your experience as a BDR was full of great learning opportunities. We’ve developed the program with that in mind and have been working to be more transparent around career ... More

"ThinkingPhones / Fuze........don't do it!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Work from home, flexible benefits, and free snacks.....

Cons

If you're in sales, run, don't walk away from this company. 90% of reps never make plan. You're selling a commodity, and leveraging MEDDIC isn't going to change that. Two guys run the company, and they don't care about you. Culture is awful; if you can sell, or want to learn to sell, don't waste your career here. If you believe in cloud based phone services, go sell for RingCentral.

Advice to Management

You can't run a company on fear and threats. When the level of turnover exceeds 30%, and gets the attention of your board, you know you have a BIG problem. Congrats on your success at BladeLogic - Fuze is not the next BladeLogic.

Dec 14, 2016 – Director

We’re sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience at Fuze. As we close the year, we’re making a lot of changes to the culture of the sales team as a whole. We have a lot of great things coming ... More

"The right place at the right time"

Current Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze (Less than a year)

Pros

Fuze is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Boston area right now. Because of this, there is opportunity galore if you're the right type of person. There isn't a lot of existing process and politics, so smart motivated people have a great opportunity to both make a difference and choose their own destiny. While a lack of communication from the executive ranks has been criticized in the past, the leadership team is now making a very concerted effort to give regular town hall updates and keep everyone in the know. There is also an effort to focus more on customers, culture, and product which is a very positive shift. The company is also launching a new game-changing unified application with a completely revamped UX that could take the industry by storm.

Cons

The company is still in a bit of a transition from being sales-lead to more product and customer-lead. The company also grew so quickly last year, without a lot of real mature processes in place, we're playing catch-up in some areas in HR and Finance. There is still a bit more to go in terms of open transparent communication as well. When people are let go, you often have to hear about it through the grapevine, and there are still some big gaps in Finance that need to get filled quickly. But these are ultimately very solvable (and recognized) problems. The other challenge is that different departments have their own individual cultures - some great and some not so great. Leadership needs to work on creating a strong consistent corporate culture that permeates across the entire organization.

Advice to Management

The shifts in company direction over the past few months are the right ones - just stay committed to beefing up product and development, and get the right people in place in the finance organization ASAP. The new more regular town hall meetings are great. The last piece of the puzzle is a renewed focus on culture.

Oct 12, 2016 – Director

We've been listening to feedback from employees across the board and you want more transparency and communications. We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying the town hall meetings. We've already ... More

"Scaling in all the wrong ways"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The VOIP industry is growing rapidly.

Cons

The company has gone from a small startup that was driven by quality and results to a large corporation that is solely focused on meeting sales defined quotas.

To those interested in the company: look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Invest in support because this area of the company is haemorrhaging at the detriment of existing customers.

Oct 12, 2016 – Director

Thanks for sharing your perspective. The company has been growing tremendously over the past 12 months. We've been making many adjustments and improvements to ensure that our support function ... More

"Great growth potential for those with the right mindset"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership and a history of success within the exec team. Rapid growth in headcount, so opportunities for promotion happen regularly. Differentiated products that compete well in the market. Very intelligent, hard-working staff in all departments. Ambitious vision from the top down and the money/strategy necessary to achieve it.

Cons

Feels hectic and unorganized some days. Workflows are still being adjusted on a monthly basis as teams grow and regions build out. If you're not flexible and resilient, don't take a job here. Some of the managers could do a better job of providing clarity and cutting through the confusion. I have seen the structure, training, and documentation improve immensely within the last six months, but it still has more room to improve.

Advice to Management

Maintain high standards for hiring and performance. Quality employees bring invaluable experience and continue to attract more quality people. Be as transparent as possible. Like in any startup, rumors run rampant about IPOs, acquisitions, firings, burn rate, etc. If we are doing well as a company, make sure we know how well. The trust of the employees will continue to fuel the growth of Fuze.

Jul 14, 2016 – Director

Thanks for sharing your input. Since we are growing so quickly, at times our processes aren’t caught up to our stage. It’s great that you are recognizing the need to be flexible and we appreciate ... More

"Get in now"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Growing company....impending IPO in next 12 months

Cons

Commissions paid incorrectly and not on time...mgmt did not address in a timely fashion

Advice to Management

Don't pick favorites, allow for more flexible work from home hours for those who have proven to be productive

"Insecure grown men"

Former Employee - Remote Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Remote Sales in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Similar to other reviewers, the people you work with day in and out are quality in and out of office. Everyone is looking forward to continuing relationships after they no longer work together at Fuze. Ultimately this means management does do at least one thing right, that's hiring great talent generally speaking.

Cons

Management themselves, specially sales management is comical. Which explains why, at least on the "enterprise" division deals are few and far between and are made to look exponentially larger than they really are from a bookings prospective. It surprises most of us that the two founders continue to let these people run sales. There are certain instances where sales management has attended meetings with potential customers and we are asked to not come back. Ever.

Advice to Management

Advice to founders - take another look at the books with the CFO and really look at how long this can go on for. Don't mislead the team anymore and get some sales leaders in there who don't feel like every internal interaction is a chest pounding activity, there's a lot great sales leaders out there that'll do a much better job.