Fuze Reviews | Glassdoor

Fuze Reviews

Updated July 27, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers (in 19 reviews)

• Work-life balance - flex time off, work from anywhere policy, and no guilt in taking advantage of the policies (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since there was no one on the internal team to report this incident to, I just quit (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of transparency and foresight (in 4 reviews)

"Top heavy"

I worked at Fuze full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and free lunch.

Cons

Minimum pay. Been here almost 2 years and there's always a "culling" of employees in the company. Mass layoffs of the people who actually do the work and support the product right before the second quarter to payoff the investors and newly hired executives. Sinking ship. Substandard pay for the amount of work. No raises when you actually get "promoted" If you do choose to work here, expect to look for another job before the 2nd quarter.

Advice to Management

Hurry up and sell the company

Feb 28, 2017 – Director

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Over the past two years Fuze went through a massive growth spurt, and in some cases, grew beyond what was smart and reasonable for the current stage we’re in. But we... More

"Be the change you wish to see..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The People.
    There are a lot of really great, highly intelligent, folks who take their jobs and our product seriously but don't take themselves too seriously. Are there primadonnas? Egos? Poor behavior? Of course. Welcome to the real world. But the clear majority of people are awesome. I have yet to meet a manager or executive who shies away from or punishes an employee for pushing back or giving constructive criticism. The times I've seen or heard of sparks flying is when the feedback or pushing back (by employee or manager) isn't given at the appropriate time or place. So yes, you need a certain level of business and emotional maturity to work here. Would I feel comfortable walking into any of the C-level's offices to share my thoughts, ideas and feedback? Yeah, actually I would, and I have. I feel empowered to push my peers and my managers to BE better and to DO better in order to make our product successful and our customers happy. I’ve actually found that in the moments I’ve pushed back on difficult people or situations I’ve actually earned the trust and respect of the person, regardless of the outcome. As the old saying goes, if you’re not a part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Cons

The benefits are basic but good, the current office location isn’t ideal but there are rumors that we are moving. Growing pains. You don’t grow as quickly as Fuze has and not have some pains.

Advice to Management

This advice is as much for current and future employees as it is management: If you think something is wrong, then fix it or work with people who can help get it fixed. SAY something to your manager, your VP, HR or the co-founders. Don’t hide behind Glassdoor reviews and complain. Management – make sure everyone knows you are open and available to have candid conversations and that it is safe to do so.

"Need to get this company back on track"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great product
    -Still highly motivated leaders to succeed
    -Great investors "to big to fail" funding
    -Starting to make changes to culture
    -Seems like management is actually listening
    -Company as a whole company seems to be in good standing
    -Making the necessary changes right now to be a successful company long term

Cons

-Sales extremely tough environment (competitive space, high turnover)
    -Around 10% of reps hit their quota every year, yet it doesn't change?
    -Seems like 1 or 2 reps are carrying the company every quarter, and also the only ones making any money
    -If you close a couple deals a quarter and hover around 50% of your number you won't get fired, but you won't get promoted either (50% of people fall into this bucket) and you won't even sniff your OTE
    -Overall people are unhappy in sales, it's evident because people are quitting left and right
    -In the end hiring managers making false promises to new hires, telling them that they will hit their numbers and make way more than they will, is biting them in the arse because people are finally leaving

Advice to Management

Sales management needs to take a look at why so many people are quitting, and fix it. Everybody knows that unhappy employees do not produce well, and when nobody is making any money, how do you expect people to actually stay?

Jan 26, 2017 – SVP Worldwide Sales

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We've worked and will continue to work very hard to make this a positive and rewarding place to work. The company is doing very well in terms of growth both here in... More

"Current Employee (2 years)"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible Schedule
    -Remote ability

Cons

-Pay is not equal to amount of work and performance, underpaid and no raise consideration
    -No room for moving up the ladder
    -No internal training program (self-taught)
    -Poor work life balance

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams. Pay employees what they are worth and for merit achievements. Provide proper internal training and process development. Trust your team with information and dont close management ranks too quickly.

"Great place"

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

- high growth environment
    - very talented team
    - educational environment

Cons

Company is not customer focused yet....

"Business Development Represenatitive"

Pros

Great employees
    Weekly catered lunch and beer

Cons

Consistent change
    Limited access to management

"below average"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

sales training, good hires. MEDDICC was great as the company wanted it used all the time and kept evolving for it.

Cons

Lead generation from in house team was 1 meeting every 2 months
    Zero marketing created leads
    Non-existent channel produced 2 leads
    Customer success handled from corporate office without a leader
    Customer implementation would move, product, misguided expectations.
    Revolving door for middle management
    Unhappy customers.
    Brutally competitive space: RingCentral, 8x8, Shoretel, Avaya, Cisco, regional partners. And that's just a few of them.
    Poorly defined territory maps for sales teams to pursue
    Every $1 you make in commission will be a knife fight.
    You will be wooed by "we only have champions here" until you realize that is to cover up for poor product and poor process.

Advice to Management

fraternity class pins for all!

Dec 14, 2016 – Director

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our sales training program. Sales enablement has been a big focal point this year, including MEDDIC... More

"Don't believe the Fuze hype if you're in sales- It's all smoke and mirrors."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cloud company

Decent Product(s)

Good financial backing (for now)

Fairly good sales methodology

High base pay in comparison to others in sector

Cons

Where do I start? If you are in sales, RUN AWAY!!!

They are better at recruiting than at leading a sales organization. They will come after you with a slick pitch and big promises, but the fact is that less than 5% of reps are hitting their number. They are trying to force fit a MEDDIC/Force Management process from PTC and BladeLogic, failing and taking down careers, families, with them.

Maybe 5-8 RSMs total are hitting their number after a rah rah blowout half a million dollar + sales conference in Vegas in Jan of 2016. One regional team in USA has gone from nine people to two in the last 6 months. Terrible middle management and RVP structure. Completely over hired yet did not listen to their own sales teams as territories shrunk to unsustainable levels. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and people are getting let go or being put on plans by no fault of their own. Frat boy culture is terrible. Product is a commodity and new interface is pretty much a a rip off Slack interface. Despite what they will tell you, the field is crowded with both UCaaS players and other Giants like Microsoft & Cisco. They will point to the failures of Avaya, but really, the others will eat Avaya's lunch before Fuze ever will.

Yet nobody has the courage to stand up to the sales leadership because they run the company.

Lots of chest pounding, alpha male type bravado.

If you are a sales professional, go elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Treat sales professionals like adults & listen to what they tell you as feedback. Hold area directors and VPs accountable for how they lead. Culture is everything and frankly, Fuze culture is terrible.

"Business Development Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to condense 3-5 years of skill learning into 1-2. Awesome people, fairly laid back for a sales team. unlimited vacation, free lunch on thursdays, stock options, impressive senior leadership.

Cons

reputation in the marketplace, no clearly defined career development, lots of turn over across the sales org since summer 2016.

Advice to Management

Sell to Microsoft

Dec 14, 2016 – Director

It’s great to hear that your experience as a BDR was full of great learning opportunities. We’ve developed the program with that in mind and have been working to be more transparent around career... More

"ThinkingPhones / Fuze........don't do it!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Work from home, flexible benefits, and free snacks.....

Cons

If you're in sales, run, don't walk away from this company. 90% of reps never make plan. You're selling a commodity, and leveraging MEDDIC isn't going to change that. Two guys run the company, and they don't care about you. Culture is awful; if you can sell, or want to learn to sell, don't waste your career here. If you believe in cloud based phone services, go sell for RingCentral.

Advice to Management

You can't run a company on fear and threats. When the level of turnover exceeds 30%, and gets the attention of your board, you know you have a BIG problem. Congrats on your success at BladeLogic - Fuze is not the next BladeLogic.

Dec 14, 2016 – Director

We’re sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience at Fuze. As we close the year, we’re making a lot of changes to the culture of the sales team as a whole. We have a lot of great things coming... More