Fuze Reviews | Glassdoor

Fuze Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers (in 19 reviews)

• Work-life-balance seems to be a REAL thing here (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Since there was no one on the internal team to report this incident to, I just quit (in 7 reviews)

• There doesn't seem to be a life work/life balance and the lack of ethical practices amongst key areas of the company (in 4 reviews)

"Great Place, Hyper Growth and Big Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work on the inside sales team. It is a fast paced environment focused on development and promotion. A lot of money to be made in this market and thinkingphones is definitely a leader.

Cons

The constant at this place is change but it has to be that way to keep up with growth and demand. If you are not interested in a fast paced environment, not the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Opportunities to Grow"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Since my company was acquired by ThinkingPhones in January, I have had nothing but positive experiences. The culture is laid back but focused, benefits are stellar, and I've been given the opportunity to grow into a new role. Everyone is positive and optimistic about the future.

Cons

Being a sales driven organization can be stressful toward the end of the quarter on the Product and Development teams. That said, we're also very tech/innovation driven, so it usually balances out.

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring bright, optimistic people and always remember to balance great products with growing sales.

"Challenging and exciting times at ThinkingPhones"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for 6 months in engineering and I absolutely love it. The team is full of energy and we are all working together for a common goal. The management team knows how to transmit the right priorities so we can focus only on the important stuff and deliver on time.

Also we have an incredibly effective sales team, this boost the morale of everyone with every closed deal and pushes the company forward.

Cons

We are in a stage in which we are not a small company anymore, but not a big company yet. Because of this, there is a bit of confusion around ownership and responsibilities. This is no big deal, in fact, I think is the price of success!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Fuze Response

Jul 8, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

First, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are thrilled that your first 6 months have been positive and appreciate the honest feedback about our "growing pains." We'd like to ... More

"Overall Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze (Less than a year)

Pros

ThinkingPhones has a great atmosphere with hard working individuals that are all highly motivated and share a common goal in seeing the product successfully develop. The working environment is laid back yet extremely productive. Flexible working hours and the ability to work remote are a huge plus.

Cons

With a lot of change comes a bit of confusion surrounding the upper management's responsibilities. But that is a small price to pay for a company growing as rapidly as we are!

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and good work.

Fuze Response

Aug 5, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your positive and candid feedback! We are currently rolling out several new initiatives to increase top-down transparency and build company culture. Stay tuned!!

"Be Careful!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent technology that is making changes in the telecom marketplace.

Cons

This post is around their sales organization;

- Management could care less about developing their employees, they are only there for personal gains
    - Will sell you in the interview process on the role but not be completely forthcoming
    - I would NEVER recommend a friend or family member work here. DO NOT WORK HERE
    - Team I was placed on was constructed poorly and not set up for success, these shortcomings were not discussed in the interview process.
    - Do not trust any senior level management, they are snakes. Worst or the worst sales people.

Advice to Management

care about your employees, maybe they will work better for you.

"Tread Lightly!"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open Sales Territories, Unlimited Expense Account, Creative Strategies to get into accounts

Cons

-Management that doesn't understand the technology
    -Management will say whatever it takes to win, often lying to customers
    -Top Heavy Sales to Provisioning = fight to get customers installed
    -Competitors like 8x8 and RingCentral kicking their butts
    -Lacking in channel development
    -Will tell you what you want to hear to come on board....often not true

Advice to Management

Define a future for the organization. Is it a mobility play or true UCaaS?

"Terrible leadership and subpar product"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Like most other startups, the culture is great. Free this and that, albeit with a lot of vapid, frat types... but they treat their employees right.

Cons

Product is hyped up.
    People are full of themselves. It's astonishing to see some people in leadership who feel like they can do whatever they want.
    This place is Not merit-based. It's popularity based.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to integrity, honesty, hard work...rather than people who are fun and that you like.

"Explosive Growth and Potential"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is open to my ideas and the co workers that are here and that are continually being hired due to our explosive growth are in my opinion top notch with few exceptions. I do not think this place will be recognizable from what it is today due to this level of growth which I believe is a good thing. Advancement is limitless.

Cons

The location is hard to get to for myself personally, but if you live in or around Boston it is good.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication open.

"Great Product, Vision, CEO and Board"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This product is amazing. from the day it was incepted nearly 7 yrs ago as a white-boarded concept to today, it has just gotten better and better. Our customers love it. The CEO is open, communicative and has good vision. The Chairman is the best you could hope for and is so supportive of the company. The team is committed, driven, of high integrity and hard working.

Cons

Lot's of employee turnover. Some turmoil in engineering. would be nice to not have so many offices.

Advice to Management

Just keep charging hard. You are leading us in the right direction. Stay solid on strategy and don't let committees deviate from your vision.

"I wish the overall rating would give you option for negative stars"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to think of many other than free beer on Friday and pizza on Thursday....When the company hired unscrupulous CRO he went on a firing binge for such things as discrimination of age, sex, divorced/married, kids, if you don't agree with his views - you name it, as this guy is a class act. My point, he couldn't fire everyone and the other pro are some of the legacy people that know what they are doing since they can be very helpful.

Cons

The CRO will be the death of this company. He is spending money only on sales and no other departments can keep up. He says words of meritocracy, but never promoted anyone that had produced - he brought in his guys, which frankly can't spell ABC. They blew through $50M in funding in a little over a year and with no return on the sales beast he has hired....because they don't know what they are selling. They have lost all the truly good people and in turn ruined all the key partnership relationships because of their narrowed minded, selfish ways....

Advice to Management

I am not a bitter former employee, I am thankful each day I don't have to walk into that depressing place. Your CRO doesn't know how to use the solution, let alone any other technology besides Excel - yet, he is leading sales and telling people how to sell something he doesn't even begin to understand - which is laughable. In the end, you put your all your cards on the most unethical person I have met in the business, seriously probably the most deceitful person. He will drive this into the ground. People, if your looking for a job that will not appreciate you, use you, and when they are done with you, just spit you out - if this is what you are looking for, then you found the right place.