Fyber Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 12, 2019

4.0
Ziv Elul

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible, work life balance, amazing culture, talented colleagues" (in 4 reviews)

• "Nice office locations tied into 6 global hubs" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's clear that money is more important than people, as people were laid-off but bonuses for the new C-level stayed" (in 6 reviews)

• "Poor management, company lacks strategic thinking" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been here for almost a year, and it's been a great ride so far. Fyber has moved in the right direction with our product on both the demand and supply side and while last year there were growing pains, we're coming out of it and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Goals are very attainable and if you work hard you can make a good amount of money. Management knows what the few problems are and are working hard to fix it.

The office is super fun, everyone is friendly and we have weekly happy hours with snacks, games and drinks (best part is it's during regular work hours so you don't feel like you have to stay late to participate)

Cons

The light at the end of the tunnel can't come soon enough!

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

2. "Company is moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time

Pros

- Fyber has competitive advantages such as SDK integrations with many leading games/apps, and also programmatic technologies. It is now well positioned in the industry as publishers start to demand header bidding technology for mobile apps.
    - SF office is in a nice, modern building close to BART
    - There are fun team events

Cons

Had typical integration issues with recent acquisitions, but that is getting smoother now

"Great company to work for. Fantastic leadership."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership of this company is by far some of the best (if not THE best) I've worked for. From top down, MGMT is transparent, approachable and genuinely cares about the employees and is constantly checking in for feedback on how to make our day to day processes better. Fyber has a great vibe and great staff all around. I genuinely enjoy coming to work here every day. The sales goals are also achievable. I would highly recommend working here.

Cons

Located downtown which is very expensive for parking.

Advice to Management

None. They are on it.

Jun 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback!. It's great to hear that you enjoy coming to work every day. Indeed we care about our employees and we constantly strive... More

"Okay company if you're looking to get experience in ad tech"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fyber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great location in SF
    - Handful of great managers
    - One fantastic exec

Cons

- Handful of very bad managers
    - C-levels are aloof and difficult to talk to
    - Not enough benefits to make working in ad tech worth it. Ad tech is a soulless industry, so deciding to stay at an ad tech company requires benefits (remote work, flexible schedules, etc), none of which Fyber is willing to give. Contrast this to a company like Applovin, which gives employees the flexibility to make working in this industry enjoyable.
    - Very male-dominated leadership
    - HR is not easy to talk to and hostile
    - Moving up is extremely difficult. Seems to have to threaten to quit to get a promotion.

Advice to Management

Realize that none of your employees are here because they love ad tech. So give them a reason to love the company instead.

Jun 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. Yes, it's true we have a great office in SF with a wonderful team of people. We always strive for feedback and improvement of our environment and employment terms. As an... More

"Pretty Great Place to Work At"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Fyber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people working together to help developers and publishers make money and improve monetization performance. Great benefits, excellent forward momentum as a company, growth industry, great people.

Cons

Although this is not necessarily a con, but because we work long and hard at Fyber your personal life can be secondary. It's part of always trying to hire dedicated people.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing good talents and continue to be transparent and listen to your employees.

Jun 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback! Our management has an open door to our employees and is very accessible as we learn and improve ourselves from listening... More

"Company in transition - On the right track after past missteps"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-- Well positioned in the mobile ads space
    -- Investing deeply in new generation of ad tech
    -- Benefits from legacy experience of 4 merged companies
    -- Willing to learn from the past and not just repeat it
    -- Great new emphasis on more diversity in leadership roles
    -- Nice office locations tied into 6 global hubs

Cons

-- Current product offering is based on a mix of legacy tech from 4 companies merged via acquisitions. These products need to be unified.
    -- Complaints of disgruntled past employees were largely justified.
    -- New tech is very ambitious and it won't be easy to meet chosen deadlines.
    -- Still selling legacy tech that will be made obsolete by new products that are not yet available.

Advice to Management

Please continue to invest in the new tech so that we can move to a unified product this year!

"Going backwards"

Former Employee - Developer Relations in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Developer Relations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fyber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well located office in San Francisco

Cons

Lack of ability to execute

Advice to Management

Reimagine everything

"Work to be done"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of fantastic people at this company who are honest, respectful, work really hard, and go above and beyond to try to work with what we have. There's a lot of autonomy and trust to do the work you need to do without micromanagement.

There is a new C level leadership that truly cares about the people so there are exciting changes to come. We have a huge new vision in place that seems incredibly exciting but not sure if it's a little too late. Depends on how many people we can retain and hire to execute on this vision.

Cons

There are a lot depending on which team you're on.

Many of the old reviews are true. There was a specific group of people who were incredibly unwelcoming, immature, entitled, lazy, etc... Most of them are gone. There are only about 1 or 2 left of this group in the SF office. The issue is that this unwelcoming group has left a mark on the office culture that has proven to be hard to overcome. Hopefully with time, the culture will change.

There are product issues!

There are a lot of "processes" that are incredibly tedious to follow and take up an incredible amount of time. We have a lot of inefficient teams because of these processes i.e. legal, finance - the absolute worst teams to deal with.

We're working through a lot of big changes i.e. layoffs, c-level changes, leadership changes, vision changes, etc... It's a lot to manage and there's a lot of uncertainty so employees are jumping ship with all of this doubt.

There's a LOT of work that needs to be done with little to no resources.

"Fyber SF Office Lost in Direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fyber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Anyone can seek challenges and opportunity for growth if they prove themselves and/or ask for it. Fyber has invested in many ad tech products which gives you exposure to learn and succeed. There's plenty of work to be done so it's what you make of it. Most colleagues are team players and great to work with.

Cons

Fyber has become very focused on becoming profitable and this has proven to be very tough and hard on all of the employees. Several Fyber setbacks - Product is slow to release enhancements and fix bugs, huge pressure on sales teams to perform combined with demanding clients (developers) and little sense of appreciation, and management is not transparent and has made a lot of poor hiring decisions.

Advice to Management

Management should care to understand more about what their employees actually do and the value they bring. Because some management are unfit leaders and made poor choices, the turnover rate is higher than ever and nothing is being done to improve that. Especially now that the original founders are no longer active in the company and with many people leaving, employees are very unsure about the future of Fyber and this needs to be prioritized if they want to keep any good talent.

"Amazing Potential, not so amazing staff"

Former Employee - Support Operations Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Support Operations Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fyber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, seasoned engineers, SF office is close to BART. Berlin team is friendly

Cons

SF office is primarily staffed by millennial account managers who moved up from food service or retail work. Very cliquey and high school-style gossip. If you're not sharing gossip, you're likely the target of it.

Advice to Management

Hire based on merits and ambition, not who the "cool kids are"