Fyber Reviews | Glassdoor

Fyber Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.5
Fyber CEO Ziv Elul (no image)
Ziv Elul
Pros
  • "company language is English - great if you're still integrating in the Berlin life(in 9 reviews)

• "I feel like I have a very healthy work life balance, and I couldn’t be happier(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's clear that money is more important than people, as people were laid-off but bonuses for the new C-level stayed(in 6 reviews)

• "Half of the berlin office is already closed, I bet by the end 2018 only few people as german speaker support will be left(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company is moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time

Pros

- Fyber has competitive advantages such as SDK integrations with many leading games/apps, and also programmatic technologies. It is now well positioned in the industry as publishers start to demand header bidding technology for mobile apps. - SF office is in a nice, modern building close to BART - There are fun team events

Cons

Had typical integration issues with recent acquisitions, but that is getting smoother now

Fyber2018-12-16
  2. "You will learn a lot"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Fyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meaningfulness, Challenge, People, Values, Growth, Technology, Opportunity, Multi-national.

Cons

Some employees have remote managers (i.e - the manager is located in a different office). This might be interpreted as a con for some.

Advice to Management

Expedite deprecation of legacy products.

Fyber2019-10-16
  3. "Fun Place to work at, Amazing group of people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is has a very innovative and promising product. Great People and Culture (really enjoy working with co-workers and peers) SF office is 1 year old, beautifully designed and comfortable lounges and working stations. Various fun team activities throught the year where we get a chance to bond with team members from other offices. Good perks like breakfast, lunches and snacks provided in the kitchen.

Cons

Fyber is a blend and a merge of four different companies. Every merger bears challenges and it’s a process. However, in the past 2.5 years, Fyber accomplished so many things due to vast dedication, hard work, and amazing people. Overall happy to be part of this company.

Fyber2019-10-09

"Just a bad place to be"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the pay check clears fine

Cons

This is one of the worst companies I've worked for, it has toxic culture.Management gaslights and lies you. Pay is average but they try to make it like its a startup, it is not. Lots of turnover and no transparency.

Advice to Management

be honest and stop spinning issues to mislead people.

Fyber2019-09-22
  5. "Fun and challenging place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a competitive and dynamic industry so one is constantly challenged by having to learn more about the products, competitors, clients businesses, etc.. there's plenty of room for growth and contributions to be made if one is willing to roll up their sleeves. This makes for a great setting for career growth. The office environment, in general, has improved a lot over the last year and is fun, energetic and in a... modern office in a great location in downtown SF.

Cons

Competitive and dynamic industry requires one to be constantly learning and improving and a lot of that is self-initiated. WFH policy could be more flexible to accommodate for better work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Continue getting feedback from the wider groups/teams/leads that are getting direct market insights. Allow for a WFH or unlimited vacation policy to encourage more trust in our work setting and amongst employees.

Fyber2019-06-25
  6. "Good Office Culture- Improving Office Morale"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Fyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The New York office has had a very good office culture in my time at Fyber despite some ups and downs and some tough periods. People genuinely seem to get along with each other and it shows. Our WeWork space has improved Overall, morale seems to be improving in other offices as well as things have stabilized after having to merge four companies and integrate them all into one unified company. The company seems... to have positive momentum now, though as with all ad tech companies that aren't FB or Google, there will always be some risks. Management seems to value career advancement and development, as they have looked to promote people rather than look for outside help and I've seen numerous examples of people being able to shift from one department to another if there's an opportunity. Management has also made a concerted effort to hire and promote women, including to leadership positions. Perks are pretty decent and PTO policy is relatively generous though not unlimited.

Cons

The company is not completely in the clear financially as some previous acquisitions left a heavy debt load but management has done a good job trying to address this. As said previously, we're not FB, Google, TheTradeDesk, or Amazon so there will be challenges, but that's not unique to Fyber. However, we will really need to execute well over the next 12-18 months to make sure Fyber is a viable company... long-term. Depending on your point of view, it might be a con that we're one of the smaller offices. Also, depending on your POV, working in a WeWork might be not be ideal. We're not as well-funded as some companies in the space and Fyber is a public company, so there are times that some perks are not as extravagant as at some other companies and travel policies (hotel allowances during business travel) can seem stingy.

Fyber2019-06-04

"On Its Way Out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fyber full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great location right next to BART, nice office -Somewhat flexible working hours

Cons

-Poor/scatterbrained leadership; always changing directions and unclear where company is headed -Huge difference in effectiveness/quality of work across teams; some teams coast and some teams are worked like dogs with no recognition -No upward mobility and no learning/development since the company is NOT attracting the best of the best right now (not even close) -Very poor perception of the company from the rest... of the industry

Advice to Management

-Unfortunately I think it's too late to turn this around

Fyber2019-04-26

May 1, 2019

Thank you for your review. We always strive for feedback and improvement of our environment and ask it from our employees on a regular basis. Based on the feedback we receive from our employees (including recently in an internal survey we conducted), we hear the opposite!… Our SF employees are engaged, happy to come to work, enjoy the great office location as you mentioned, the benefits and the vibes. We invest time and resources in making sure our team enjoys different opportunities such us upper and lateral mobility, and have many examples already. The company direction is very clear and promising, with our new and innovative product Fyber FairBid and the shift to programmatic provide alone a lot of development opportunities. As we are a public company, you are invited to read our annual results published recently. It talks for itself.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Been here for almost a year, and it's been a great ride so far. Fyber has moved in the right direction with our product on both the demand and supply side and while last year there were growing pains, we're coming out of it and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Goals are very attainable and if you work hard you can make a good amount of money. Management knows what the few problems are and are working hard... to fix it. The office is super fun, everyone is friendly and we have weekly happy hours with snacks, games and drinks (best part is it's during regular work hours so you don't feel like you have to stay late to participate)

Cons

The light at the end of the tunnel can't come soon enough!

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

Fyber2019-03-12

"Great company to work for. Fantastic leadership."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership of this company is by far some of the best (if not THE best) I've worked for. From top down, MGMT is transparent, approachable and genuinely cares about the employees and is constantly checking in for feedback on how to make our day to day processes better. Fyber has a great vibe and great staff all around. I genuinely enjoy coming to work here every day. The sales goals are also achievable. I would... highly recommend working here.

Cons

Located downtown which is very expensive for parking.

Advice to Management

None. They are on it.

Fyber2018-06-15

June 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback!. It's great to hear that you enjoy coming to work every day. Indeed we care about our employees and we constantly strive for feedback and improvement.

"Okay company if you're looking to get experience in ad tech"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great location in SF - Handful of great managers - One fantastic exec

Cons

- Handful of very bad managers - C-levels are aloof and difficult to talk to - Not enough benefits to make working in ad tech worth it. Ad tech is a soulless industry, so deciding to stay at an ad tech company requires benefits (remote work, flexible schedules, etc), none of which Fyber is willing to give. Contrast this to a company like Applovin, which gives employees the flexibility to make working in this... industry enjoyable. - Very male-dominated leadership - HR is not easy to talk to and hostile - Moving up is extremely difficult. Seems to have to threaten to quit to get a promotion.

Advice to Management

Realize that none of your employees are here because they love ad tech. So give them a reason to love the company instead.

Fyber2018-06-07

June 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. Yes, it's true we have a great office in SF with a wonderful team of people. We always strive for feedback and improvement of our environment and employment terms. As an example, this year we have upgraded our benefits package and we will continue to do so as we care deeply about our employees. As to your point of male dominant leadership, I can share that 50% of our VPs are women, both globally and in NA, and we have put the diversity as one of the company's KPIs. Our C level, our Exec. level as well as our HR team have an open door to our employees and are very accessible. If you would like to share more details so we can learn and improve ourselves, please feel free to contact me any time.

Found 25 reviews