KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fyber

Is this your company?

Fyber

Add a Review

Fyber Employee Reviews about "ad tech"

Updated Dec 22, 2020

Found 10 of over 186 reviews

4.7
Fyber CEO Ziv Elul (no image)
Ziv Elul
Pros
  • "career development opportunities, competitive compensation & benefits, good work/life balance, great senior management(in 14 reviews)

• "Amazing team, a competitive salary, great benefits, and most importantly, great product(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The Ad Tech industry is full of challenges(in 6 reviews)

• "It's clear that money is more important than people, as people were laid-off but bonuses for the new C-level stayed(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "ad tech"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Love being part of Fyber

Dec 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team, strong managers and ability to grow yourself. I also appreciate the company’s culture. Fyber cares about the people and the local communities. For instance, care gifts are being bought from local businesses. Recently we had a beautiful initiative - “Gratitude Week” - we gave to the community and to each other. I wish more companies will do the same.

Cons

The Ad Tech industry is full of challenges. Yet, you can leverage them to develop and grow your career much faster than other industries.

2. 5.0

Great workplace

Dec 25, 2019 - Tech Lead in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fyber is building a new innovative mediation product, Fyber FairBid. This product is a result of a lengthy merger that was good and bad at times, though we've finally managed to complete it. Having to work with the people who made it possible is a great chance to learn, especially from engineering teams spanning across the globe. The company invests in its employees, providing regular training and supporting personal growth. We have a comfortable office in downtown SF, a good amount of PTO days, catered lunches twice a week, great coworkers and overall a good work/life balance.

Cons

Ad tech is challenging, but you can learn a lot from it

3. 4.0

Good Office Culture- Improving Office Morale

Jun 4, 2019 - Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The New York office has had a very good office culture in my time at Fyber despite some ups and downs and some tough periods. People genuinely seem to get along with each other and it shows. Our WeWork space has improved Overall, morale seems to be improving in other offices as well as things have stabilized after having to merge four companies and integrate them all into one unified company. The company seems to have positive momentum now, though as with all ad tech companies that aren't FB or Google, there will always be some risks. Management seems to value career advancement and development, as they have looked to promote people rather than look for outside help and I've seen numerous examples of people being able to shift from one department to another if there's an opportunity. Management has also made a concerted effort to hire and promote women, including to leadership positions. Perks are pretty decent and PTO policy is relatively generous though not unlimited.

Cons

The company is not completely in the clear financially as some previous acquisitions left a heavy debt load but management has done a good job trying to address this. As said previously, we're not FB, Google, TheTradeDesk, or Amazon so there will be challenges, but that's not unique to Fyber. However, we will really need to execute well over the next 12-18 months to make sure Fyber is a viable company long-term. Depending on your point of view, it might be a con that we're one of the smaller offices. Also, depending on your POV, working in a WeWork might be not be ideal. We're not as well-funded as some companies in the space and Fyber is a public company, so there are times that some perks are not as extravagant as at some other companies and travel policies (hotel allowances during business travel) can seem stingy.

4. 1.0

Fyber SF Office Lost in Direction

Jul 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anyone can seek challenges and opportunity for growth if they prove themselves and/or ask for it. Fyber has invested in many ad tech products which gives you exposure to learn and succeed. There's plenty of work to be done so it's what you make of it. Most colleagues are team players and great to work with.

Cons

Fyber has become very focused on becoming profitable and this has proven to be very tough and hard on all of the employees. Several Fyber setbacks - Product is slow to release enhancements and fix bugs, huge pressure on sales teams to perform combined with demanding clients (developers) and little sense of appreciation, and management is not transparent and has made a lot of poor hiring decisions.

12 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Okay company if you're looking to get experience in ad tech

Jun 7, 2018 - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great location in SF - Handful of great managers - One fantastic exec

Cons

- Handful of very bad managers - C-levels are aloof and difficult to talk to - Not enough benefits to make working in ad tech worth it. Ad tech is a soulless industry, so deciding to stay at an ad tech company requires benefits (remote work, flexible schedules, etc), none of which Fyber is willing to give. Contrast this to a company like Applovin, which gives employees the flexibility to make working in this industry enjoyable. - Very male-dominated leadership - HR is not easy to talk to and hostile - Moving up is extremely difficult. Seems to have to threaten to quit to get a promotion.

10 people found this review helpful

Fyber Response

Thank you for your review. Yes, it's true we have a great office in SF with a wonderful team of people. We always strive for feedback and improvement of our environment and employment terms. As an example, this year we have upgraded our benefits package and we will continue to do so as we care deeply about our employees. As to your point of male dominant leadership, I can share that 50% of our VPs are women, both globally and in NA, and we have put the diversity as one of the company's KPIs. Our C level, our Exec. level as well as our HR team have an open door to our employees and are very accessible. If you would like to share more details so we can learn and improve ourselves, please feel free to contact me any time.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company in transition - On the right track after past missteps

Feb 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-- Well positioned in the mobile ads space -- Investing deeply in new generation of ad tech -- Benefits from legacy experience of 4 merged companies -- Willing to learn from the past and not just repeat it -- Great new emphasis on more diversity in leadership roles -- Nice office locations tied into 6 global hubs

Cons

-- Current product offering is based on a mix of legacy tech from 4 companies merged via acquisitions. These products need to be unified. -- Complaints of disgruntled past employees were largely justified. -- New tech is very ambitious and it won't be easy to meet chosen deadlines. -- Still selling legacy tech that will be made obsolete by new products that are not yet available.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exciting place to work

May 27, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

After reading a couple of the reviews about Fyber here I felt the urgent need to actually clarify some of the statements made. I recently joined Fyber and I must say I’m highly impressed by the company, its leaders and the employees. I don’t say everything is perfect here but that’s what makes it so exciting. Yes, things here break sometimes, yes, it’s actually hard work to generate revenue, yes, there are a lot of intercultural conflicts – but these are all things that every Silicon Valley company is facing at some point. It’s a roller coaster ride and the only ways to overcome the downs is to work hard, to proactively and constantly question the current situation and to solve problems as a team (even if that means you have to put in a couple of extra hours to make it work). Every single person is responsible the make this company a better place to work at. Fyber offers great benefits: subsidies for the gym, commuter benefits, health care coverage, snacks, lunch, happy hours, etc. And one of the things I highly appreciate is the level of responsibility they offer. No micro management, no politics – they set their expectations and it’s up to you to actually deliver. And sometimes that’s just worth more than every perk…

Cons

I’m not saying that every statement in the previous reviews is wrong but what I really don’t agree with is that there’s no leadership and vision. Ad tech is a highly complex and fast-paced market. Things change all the time. We might not be as fast to react as a small startup anymore but I strongly feel that there is a game plan. And if someone doesn’t know or understand the vision, just demand more explanation (accountability also means to take action in ambiguous situations). To sum it up, Fyber is for people that like a challenge, that don’t give up when things don’t work out right away, for people that are not afraid to make suggestions and do things that might not even be part of their job description. Fyber might not be the right place for complainers, for people that don’t like to get out of their comfort zone and for people that are not solution-oriented. Yes, it’s a roller coaster, but it’s an exciting one.

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place for technology challanges together with work-life balance

Nov 10, 2019 - Software Engineer in Tel Aviv-Yafo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tech-Oriented company. large scales of data, full of technology challenges. good work-life balance. competitive salaries. truly taking care of employees welfare

Cons

The ad-tech domain is a bit problematic from the manner of chasing the crumbs left by the big fish at the pool.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

fast job

Oct 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good entry level for ad tech

Cons

product became very much abstract

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A decent work place

Feb 19, 2018 - Backend Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Technologies, reasonable hours, fair salary

Cons

Not so much 'Cozy', not a very cool workplace, Ad-Tech

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews