Fyber "c level" Reviews | Glassdoor

Fyber Employee Reviews about "c level"

Updated 5 Jan 2019

4.1
Fyber CEO Ziv Elul (no image)
Ziv Elul
Pros
  • "company language is English - great if you're still integrating in the Berlin life(in 10 reviews)

• "I feel like I have a very healthy work life balance, and I couldn’t be happier(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's clear that money is more important than people, as people were laid-off but bonuses for the new C-level stayed(in 6 reviews)

• "Half of the berlin office is already closed, I bet by the end 2018 only few people as german speaker support will be left(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "c level"

Return to all Reviews

"Work to be done"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of fantastic people at this company who are honest, respectful, work really hard, and go above and beyond to try to work with what we have. There's a lot of autonomy and trust to do the work you need to do without micromanagement. There is a new C level leadership that truly cares about the people so there are exciting changes to come. We have a huge new vision in place that seems incredibly exciting but not sure if it's a little too late. Depends on how many people we can retain and hire to execute on this vision.

Cons

There are a lot depending on which team you're on. Many of the old reviews are true. There was a specific group of people who were incredibly unwelcoming, immature, entitled, lazy, etc... Most of them are gone. There are only about 1 or 2 left of this group in the SF office. The issue is that this unwelcoming group has left a mark on the office culture that has proven to be hard to overcome. Hopefully with time, the culture will change. There are product issues! There are a lot of "processes" that are incredibly tedious to follow and take up an incredible amount of time. We have a lot of inefficient teams because of these processes i.e. legal, finance - the absolute worst teams to deal with. We're working through a lot of big changes i.e. layoffs, c-level changes, leadership changes, vision changes, etc... It's a lot to manage and there's a lot of uncertainty so employees are jumping ship with all of this doubt. There's a LOT of work that needs to be done with little to no resources.

Fyber2017-07-18
  2. "working@fyber"

Current Employee - ------ in Berlin

I have been working at Fyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- company culture (values, team spirit approach ) - c-level communication (strategy, industry, development, the israel management brought our international company together) - business (future business with a lot of opportunities) - benefits (drinks, biweekly lunch, off sites, gifts, breakfast)

Cons

- there is always sth . you could complain about, but all in all it is a good place to work

Fyber2019-01-05
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"A good company who has been going downhill too fast and too soon"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I worked at Fyber full-time for more than a year

Pros

During 2015 and 2017 while I worked as a full time employee in Berlin office, I had the chance to learn from my peers, to improve processes and to deliver results, in a genuine collaborative way. Unfortunately, in 2017 when co-founders left the company and the entire C-level had changed, being replaced by the Tel Aviv management, it had become more or less a power game and a very ego-driven culture. Unfortunately, this new leadership approach has not appreciated accordingly the strong HR team in Berlin, nor some of the highly experienced C-level people in Berlin. All of these circumstances, combined with a lack of awareness in terms of managing cultural differences, as well, led to many high performers resigning in the Berlin office and slowly to make the one-of-its-kind culture in Berlin office fade away. Other Pros: - a structured onboarding process - internal knowledge base and documentation - educational leave - flexible hours - work from home days - leadership and communication training - multicultural teams - an efficient IT Support team

Cons

Lack of trust in Berlin office's senior employees and leadership An increased level of office politics Overestimating some so-called senior leadership people in San Francisco office

Fyber2019-01-02

"New management destroyed the company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Berlin

I worked at Fyber full-time for more than a year

Pros

It used to be a very good place to work in Berlin, but almost nothing from that time is left

Cons

It was supposed to be a merge with Inneractive, but at the end is more like Inneractive acquired Fyber. Since Summer 2017 all the company is under control of managers coming from Inneractive in Tel Aviv, removing and firing all previous managers and founders from Berlin. Current situation is terrible: * New management are not used to "european" standards, they are used (and like) to treat employees as slaves and are continuously criticising / attacking our rights, Some examples: they are "surprised" they cannot call you at 8pm or weekends, they think the office is too "nice" for people like us, they tried to stop the creation of the Work Council with mafia-way attacks (firing, bribing, the worst I have ever seen....) * They decided to close down the Berlin Office and move everything to Tel Aviv, making 3 rounds of lay offs and making the life of the people left a pure hell. After 6 months only 1/4 of the people is left in Berlin, almost all the IT department is gone by now * Half of the berlin office is already closed, I bet by the end 2018 only few people as german speaker support will be left * C level and VPs are all disrespectful, micromanage everything, lie about everything and have no idea how to manage an international company. The only thing they care about is themselves and to move everything to Israel, no matter if the product is going to blow up . They came to Berlin saying we were to "expensive" and we needed a diet, but all of them are getting salaries+bonus of 1 million euros!!!. It is crazy for a company the size of Fyber * In the tech side, they force us to stop any "modern" way of working, no more agile (instead they like to assign tasks to a person with a fixed time in an Excel and chase you...), QA, test automation, Infra as code, or CI/CD.... They stopped all the current projects in Berlin (well developed in modern technologies) and move to Tel aviv where Junior devs working 60 hours a week just code and push to production in a pure waterfall mode. * They are spending a huge amount of money in marketing for the "new" Fyber, including the new awful logo and the "super new unified product", that is no more than the former ones from them and Heyzap, and will be a total disaster * If I would be a publisher or advertiser, I would run away from this people ASAP, the platform will blow up in 2-3 months for sure.

Fyber2018-02-26

Fyber Response

March 13, 2018VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. When decisions are made by the company management many factors come into play. One of them is the way it will impact all of our employees. We often have to make long-term business decisions that could have negative implications in the short term. The last part of 2017, as well as the first part of 2018, are challenging months for all of us as we merge and unify 4 companies, 6 offices around the globe and several products. Obviously every merger is challenging, and requires everyone to adapt to many changes quickly. Having said that, we already see the improvement and better business results across the board. Non of the offices are in risk of closing - the opposite.. We are aiming to open additional offices this year... While we believe in dedication, mutual respect, and hard work we also believe in work-life balance. For instance, we initiated a new policy of additional 5 vacation days for every employee on top of local PTO policies, and others. Happy to discuss further as needed.

Continue reading

"Stay away from this company"

Former Employee - Tech in Berlin

I worked at Fyber full-time for more than a year

Pros

- two hand full nice co-workers - 3-4 good mid level managers

Cons

- bad management (esp. C-level) makes bad decisions at all levels - best people left last year already - code base is horrible - culture of dishonesty and favoritism

Fyber2018-01-30

"Company will be closed soon, that's almost 100% sure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Fyber full-time for more than a year

Pros

I got to meet some really good people and got to work with some interesting tools.

Cons

New management improvises along the way, they have no idea of what they're doing. It's clear that money is more important than people, as people were laid-off but bonuses for the new C-level stayed. New management just ignores the fact that a work council exists and that big decisions (such as performance reviews) must go through it. Complete sense of disdain and carelessness from employees, feels as a death march.

Fyber2018-01-16

"Not Recommended to Join Now"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Fyber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really Nice Junior and Senior to Work Together.

Cons

The Management Team, including the middle level and C level, sucks. Frozen Upper-Line for New Employees. Useless Performance Evaluation, detached from the reality.

Fyber2017-11-05