G.A. Wright Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor

Pros

I have been Associated with G A Wright for a short time. I was a reluctant believer. I am a full believer in G A Wright and its systems. The job is challenging, as well as, personally rewarding. The monetary compensation is above expected.. You feel like you are helping somebody when you complete a service contract. Most businesses G A Wright services need help in marketing, liquidation of inventory, liquidation of asset and payment of fiduciary responsibility... When done right everyone benefits..

Cons

Away from family for extended time. Time between contracts.

Advice to Management

Data base for fixture and furniture.

2. "Retail Consultant"

Pros

G. A. Wright offers a comprehensive program utilizing a process that is effective in assisting clients with positive promotional strategies and excellent exit strategies. As a consultant, I am provided with a warehouse of tools necessary to deliver a structured program that helps my client to achieve their goals of decreasing inventory while achieving the most margin and profit for their business. Working closely with ownership, I help them to accomplish goals by working side by side with them in an orderly, easy to understand, fashion. I assist them with advertising, pricing, signage, and an excellent traffic building program that maximizes their sales and profits.

Cons

I can be away from home for extended lengths of time.

3. "Retail Consultant GA Wright"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

For over 10 years I have been associated with GA Wright as an independent contractor. The position allows me to team up with and provide retailers with the necessary tools to achieve their specific goals. The position is challenging and rewarding. The support provided by GA Wright a second to none.

Cons

I have none to list

"work experience with g.a. wright"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, PA

Pros

I enjoyed working with G.A. Wright. It is a great company. The management team always made time for any questions and their support was great.

Cons

I wish I did not have to retire I was great fun.

Advice to Management

Have prospective consultants check with retirees for job advice.

5. "Retail Consultant"

Current Contractor - Retail Marketing Consultant
    Current Contractor - Retail Marketing Consultant

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

If your goal is to work for yourself helping small to medium sized businesses succeed, enjoy traveling, and having control of how much time you want to work, GAW is right for you, as it has been for me these past 7 years! Everybody at GAW, from owner Gary Wright to the receptionists have been nothing but nice, proffessional, and always available to answer any question or give assistance as needed. I don't understand some of the negative posts I have read here, as this is not the experience I have encountered. This is a business, and as in any business, you must work hard to succeed, and those who succeed will always be held in greater esteem. As an independent contractor, you can control your own destiny, just accomplish the tasks at hand, in the manner prescribed. Those who don't find success here are either incapable of running a successful business, or do not want to put forth the effort to accomplish their goals. I for one do, and will continue to do so, as I truly enjoy what I do and the folks I work with at G.A. Wright.

Cons

Sometimes the travel does get a bit long, especially when you are across country from your home for an extended period of time, but you must take the good with the bad, as we all were aware of the requirements of our position at GAW.

Advice to Management

More communication between field consultants, regional reps and management.

6. "22 years of professional association"

Current Contractor - Retail Marketing Consultant in Port Huron, MI
    Current Contractor - Retail Marketing Consultant in Port Huron, MI

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had excellent support and relationship for 22 years without 1 complaint or problem. Working remote from Denver, CO anywhere in North America, it is essential to have good communications and support from the home office. In every case this was provided by Gary Wright and his staff.

Cons

You are away from home. So you have to like meeting new people in new places. Every assignment has an interesting challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Strong Support"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

G.A. Wright has been as supportive as possible to those of us in the field. This company changes daily to support the needs of the retail industry and I am proud to have been a part of it for well over 20 years. Communication is a plus and everyone including Gary make themselves available whenever needed. A great support team that works both ways. I have no complaints, only praise for the services offered and the caliber of the entire group.

It takes a special kind of person to work this type of job and to travel where needed. Those that are not cut out for it or do not have the skills required, complain. The skilled are long term, have enjoyed our association with G.A. Wright and we keep doing it year after year!

Cons

Over the years when problems or questions have come up, Gary has acted quickly to correct them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

8. "Great company to be associated with"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

G A Wright provides an opportunity to work with a variety of clients and a variety of situations. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that you have helped a client out of a stressful situation or made their sale a great success. G A Wright provides the guidelines and the tools but they leave the implementation to your expertise.

Cons

I have had no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. "Best Company I have ever worked with!"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

After 20 years in Big Box Multi Unit Mgt, I have finally found a home with a company with a great moral compass, Inspired leadership and carry the flag of the company proudly. With so many choices for small businesses i have found after completing over 20 projects for GA Wright that in every case, the independent small business that I worked with was overwhelmed with the positive results and methods used to achieve their goals. I have always been treated as a hero by the company and hope to work for years to come! The position gives me the flex ability and challenge needed to keep me engaged for many years!

Cons

There are none. If you are a professorial looking for a company to be a partner with and to use your years of skill sets in a healthy environment that G A Wright is the place to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Are you GA Wright material?"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at G.A. Wright as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to use your experience, knowledge, skills and creativity everyday. You can be as successful as you challenge yourself to be. No politics, no corporate ladder, no discrimination and dangling carrots. Do what you know how to do and do it well. That's all. If you do need support, its there. You get to help and meet some wonderful people.

Cons

Not enough opportunity for consultants to interact with each others.

Advice to Management

Keep standards high.