G-Five Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"GREAT place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at G-Five full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for this company since June of 2015 and I absolutely love working here and my position. The atmosphere is positive and all of the employees here are hard working. The Directors and Supervisors are supportive and understanding. Everyone wants to see you grow and succeed and I couldn't ask for a better company to work for. The Interview process is intense and lengthy but they want to make sure that they are hiring the right individuals for our team. We are all on the same team at G5 and we work together to meet our goals. The training is extensive and very helpful and I felt prepared for my position During the time I have been here, which isn't even one year yet, I have participated in multiple training sessions that have helped me grow personally and professionally. There are plenty of opportunities available to better oneself if desired. The benefits are very good here as well. I am very happy that I am a player on this team at G-Five and I hope to be here for many years to come.

Cons

I really have not experienced any Cons while working at G-Five.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management is to keep doing what you are doing. Continue to be supportive to your employees. Also, continue to provide training sessions that allow us to learn and grow both personally and professionally.

"Field Technician"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Greenville, SC

I worked at G-Five full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environment with people mostly very pleasant to work with, full on the job training, good learned habits/methodology with electrical and technical work involving MFP, company bends over backwards to find a fit with you somewhere, clear enough echelon of support, decent pay with no previous experience, provided tools/vehicle/network/phone/etc etc and bottomless coffee was a big perk for me personally. Amazing front desk team, goal/vision oriented CEO, lead in-house technician/dispatcher at times carrying extremely difficult projects, talented field tech leads who are always available for support, data collection from all of the above to help assist future projects/calls/processes.

Cons

Excessive meetings, company caters to sycophants and unnecessary padding of poorly conceived ideas, HR team was extremely complacent and had no clear direction (but this was improving towards the end of my employment)--this was due to poor choices for leaders, questionable staffing on the technician side with very skilled knowledgeable techs leaving for one reason or another (pay, insurance, better offers) and very bad careless green techs replacing them--this occurred many times and by the end of it the team became quite diluted, this was a symptom of trying to stop the bleeding of high turnover perhaps..but it exacerbated problems. Company does not recycle. Small company, so limited to lateral moves as opposed to positions upward. Excessive favoritism in other branches, but that stayed away from what I considered a very healthy technical branch. An eccentric owner, who is very skilled/knowledgeable, but makes the air around him very thick--this breeds a lot of dishonesty when it comes to ideas and boot licking when it comes to ill-conceived ones.

Advice to Management

Interview your interviewers, their questions and imaginings of what a good employee is..is poor. Clearly define responsibilities for the logistics across the company, because as mistakes continue to occur, only band-aids and promises replace them. Note the pros/cons.

"Operations Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

G-Five has a very nurturing atmosphere. I've been here for almost 2 years and I've always felt valued as a team member. There is so much room for growth here.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons for working at G5. It's actually a pretty great place to work.

"Enjoyable place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at G-Five full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers. Limited office drama. Focus on improvement and respectful treatment of employees.

Cons

Occasional stress because of workload.

Advice to Management

Continue working on areas of improvement. My experience with the company and upper level management have gotten better each year of employment.

5. "High School Clique"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at G-Five full-time

Pros

The job is a great opportunity for someone who has limited experience in the working world and is especially social. That being said, this place is more of a starter place than a long term commitment.

Cons

Those who work there longer, even by just a few months, act like they own the place. There are meetings every week that lay out rules, which only seem to be followed by the new people and feedback pertaining to how you are performing is rarely given.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication between the managers and the employees. A new employee just learning the ropes may need a little more guidance and also needs to have the opportunity to discuss any issues arising within the department. Also, while it is good to have a happy job environment, it may be good to make sure that older employees are working and not just hanging out.

6. "Work with people you like"

I have been working at G-Five full-time

Pros

G5 works hard to hire people that fit the culture and are willing to be team players. Management also spends an inordinate amount of time and effort to train employees in all aspects of their position.

Cons

There is no coasting. You are always pushed to be better. Playing your position means helping others, not just yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the vision of the company to new and old employees alike. It is easy for people to get lost in the grind and forget what they have.

7. "Fantastic Place to Work!"

Pros

G5 has a great culture with a strong team of people who all make a real contribution. In everything we do there is an emphasis on taking great care of our customers and always seeking to be better at how we do things.

Cons

Expectations of players are high, and so you have to continually bring value. But that's not really a downside, especially when you know that it means everyone is pulling their weight.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, and keep leading by example.

"This is my dream job"

I have been working at G-Five full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience with G5 has been incredible. When I started at an entry-level position, I had a lot of maturing to do. I can’t say that my time here has always been fun and easy, but I wouldn’t have wanted it that way. I have grown so much because G5 has pushed me and stretched me, and I am a better person because of it. Even my family has noticed the change in me over the years. I share my thoughts and opinions more freely, and I don’t back down if I believe in something. I have more courage, and I believe in my abilities. I credit that to the people and culture here at G5. I can honestly say that this is my dream job.

Every employee at G5 is part of the G5 team. There is a fairly extensive interview process before someone can join our team though. G5 is not for everyone, and we are very selective. But if you are hired, and have a good attitude, and are willing to work hard and do your best, G5 will provide numerous opportunities to learn and grow. The training sessions that are offered are not just product- or business-oriented, but there are also personal development trainings, like how to use various Microsoft office programs, how to manage your personal finances better, or how to improve your self-esteem and have a positive outlook on life.

Cons

Going above and beyond is part of the culture here at G5. We are all a team, but sometimes the individual effort does not get as much recognition.

Advice to Management

Don’t stop looking for ways to improve processes and keep on challenging the employees to be more efficient, make better decisions, and become better people (on both personal and professional levels).

"Fantastic place to work!"

I have been working at G-Five full-time

Pros

Great place to work! You can tell that the CEO and the support team really appreciate the employees by the benefits and perks that they offer. The culture is very different from any other place I have worked, but it is very much appreciated. Everyone is interested in seeing everyone else succeed.

Cons

It's not perfect, but there is nothing glaring that comes to mind.

10. "Great place to learn"

I have been working at G-Five full-time

Pros

The upper management has a voracious appetite for learning and change. It is something shared by all who work at G5. From the CEO to the newly hired, there is a sense of commaraderie that is rare in today's workplace.

Cons

At times it is taken for granted that an employee has grasped a certain concept or part of the trade. That said, the environment there is open enough to bring it to someone's attention and rectify the situation.

Advice to Management

Keep learning and never believe you have it all figured out.