G.L Mezzetta Reviews | Glassdoor

G.L Mezzetta CEO Jeff Mezzetta
Jeff Mezzetta

"People Focused Organization"

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mezzetta is extremely focused on two things, people and quality. They are a relatively well known national brand with upside potential, yet still operate as a small family owned operation. This provides wonderful access to leadership, openness to new ideas and a good culture of togetherness. Silos are not a concern here. The tremendous growth over the last decade has the business hiring talented individuals from outside the company to help drive a best practice culture.

Cons

There is a lack of repeatable process and available tools to track data for many areas of the business. For my role specifically, this actually creates opportunity to help build a strong functional team and deliver value which will have a lasting impact. The Mezzetta Leadership strongly supports this shift as well

Advice to Management

Develop and implement training programs for salaried staff. Identify next generation leadership and implement a program which will allow them to develop their skillset and advance their careers. It's the best way to retain talent within the organization.

Feb 1, 2017 – Mezzetta Representative

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. You’ll be happy to know we’re working on a focused training program for 2017 aimed at developing our employees and ensuring they have the skills and ... More

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mezzetta is a team of passionate individuals that supports and encourages entrepreneurship. You will have the opportunity to make a difference and be recognized for it! Product quality and people are clearly top of the list.

Cons

Not really a Con but should be looked at as an opportunity. Mezzetta is a small family owned company that continues to grow. Senior leadership has the passion to think like a larger CPG company as they achieve a national distribution and strive to be best in class. With that comes continued change as the company seeks out new paths to drive brand awareness and continued success in competitive categories.

Advice to Management

Extend Change Management classes

Nov 17, 2016 – Mezzetta Representative

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced feedback. We are going through a lot of change as an organization, and I'd be interested to hear more on your thoughts about offering Change Management ... More

3. "Simply Awesome!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and environment are incredibly awesome. The Mezzetta Culture is top notch and driven to succeed at every level.

Cons

None that I can think of at this moment.

Advice to Management

Keep making Mezzetta a GREAT place to be.

5. "Working at GL Mezzetta"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta (More than 3 years)

Pros

a. Senior Mgt. provides the necessary tools and support to set you up for success.
    b. Lots of opportunities for career advancement (horizontal/vertical) and on-site/off-site training.
    c. Most of all, the work environment feels "homey", like you're working with family members and friends ... achieving a common goal.

Cons

Since the company is undergoing tremendous growth both in products and people, we're seeing an increasing challenge on available parking lots. Though the company leased the adjacent building's parking space, it's a challenge to cross the street especially during cold rainy days. Bearable; but can be improved.

Nov 17, 2016 – Mezzetta Representative

Thanks for your feedback. We do understand the parking arrangement is not ideal, and we continue to seek opportunities for improvement. Lourdes Ahn, Chief People Officer

6. "Great people, and delicious products!"

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time

Pros

We have great employees, and have also been bringing in some strong, new talent. A very good work-life balance. We work hard, but have fun too! Every month a different team hosts an "Appy Hour" where we use our products to make a variety of appetizers - it's a great way to get to know each other better, and to learn new ways to use our products! Due to the size of the organization, you get more exposure and opportunity to touch a variety of things that you likely wouldn't in a large organization.

Cons

There is an opportunity to improve and/or build processes to support our current state and future. The good news is that this is widely known and supported.

Advice to Management

Provide clear goals and leadership, and then hold employees accountable. Mezzetta has such a promising future, and we need to make sure employees are clear on expectations and held to those standards.

Oct 19, 2016 – Mezzetta Representative

I agree, we do have fun here at Mezzetta! Thank you for providing your feedback on how Mezzetta can improve. Your comments reinforce the importance of the work we have underway to improve upon our ... More

"Mezzetta"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA

Pros

Mezzetta has fantastic products and a team of professionals who really want to win the market but only in the right way. There are no politics or hidden agendas here. We are not perfect but we are genuine, honest and trustworthy.

Cons

no real obstacles worth noting

Oct 3, 2016

At Mezzetta, integrity is one of our seven core Beliefs. This means we aspire to do things honorably as an authentic expression of who we are. We keep this belief, and our others, at the forefront ... More

8. "Work with us!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive co workers and managers.
    Fast growing with a lot of opportunity to move up.
    Up to date on the latest business trends and technologies.
    Nationally recognized brand.

Cons

Every work has its downsides. Mezzetta is a good place to work though overall. Great people and facilities! Who can complain about working in the Napa Valley?

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee development programs! So many of us want to grow and stay with Mezzetta.

Oct 3, 2016

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I agree, we have an amazing team here at Mezzetta! This year, we have put a renewed focus on development and feedback for our employees. We know ... More

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Employee in American Canyon, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in American Canyon, CA

I worked at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice.

Cons

Everything! There isn't one good thing to say. People are treated badly by upper management and they act like you owe it to them to work many long hours and weekends because they need to run production.

Advice to Management

Hire better decisions makers that actually went to school.

"Great people behind a Great Product, Growing Company with lots of learning threw out the way"

Current Employee - Office Administrative in American Canyon, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrative in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel very fortunate to be part of a company that is quickly growing and continuing to strive. In my 5+ years I have experienced the expansion of employees, offices, management and programs. Management shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible. It’s a family feel culture working environment.

Cons

The commute time is variable from either direction, 35min to an hour. Office space is limited due to the quick expansion. Some programs/resources are outdated, but management is aware and slowly starting to make those adjustments.

Advice to Management

Sometimes changes are assumed to be communicated. A more defined career path would be helpful to pan out. Please continue to be accessible it shows great connection within the team no matter what position they are in.

11. "A Company that is Growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has really evolved over the last few years. Not only do they make a great product, but they are really growing their culture and living their beliefs in connection, vibrance and opportunity, etc. They are hiring some creative and outgoing people who are really adding value to the company and are making a big impact on the business. They continue to grow, so there is opportunity to grow your career with the company.

Cons

Their benefits need to be more competitive.

Advice to Management

I think Management is doing a great job to empower the employees to make a difference in helping the company move forward. They are investing and training and development and working to drive change that will make the company successful.